Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!group command
Hey all,

after i saw this (http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3616) thread i got the idea for a !group command before the game starts. So the ranked hostbot know who is in a group and balance the rest of the teams.

First: One player type !opengroup 1
everyone who want to join this group type !group 1 and the player who typed !opengroup 1 at the beginning have to accept the other players with !yes

What did you think about this command? Is something like that possible? This would support clangames and friends who want to play together in ranked.

Perfektionist
No, the game "shuffle/balance" in ranked is designed exactly to prevent this. Seems foolish to "balance" a ranked game when 5 pros decide to group together and stomp the other 5 players. If you wanna play with your friends join beta.

I do however question the team shuffle in qualify. While it is absolutely necessary in ranked to prevent pubstomping and team stacking, I think shuffling the teams in qualify is counterproductive. First since the qualify shuffle is just random, it's just as likely to create a stacked team anyway. I see no reason why friends shouldn't be allowed on the same team in qualify since the games aren't ranked anyway.
I think its a good idea, a step in the right direction.
Such a command would be a pain in the ass to implement, even without having the rest of the players somehow balanced.

Currently the ranked bot is getting a swap list since it doesn't know anything about players elo.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
In the League System bevor (when u also had to register an account at the league page) ppl choosen their teamm8s. So on, there was/is always a team, which should dominate the game at the outside.

Against anything like that.
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
(2012-12-08, 06:56:43)UnifiedDoom Wrote: No, the game "shuffle/balance" in ranked is designed exactly to prevent this. Seems foolish to "balance" a ranked game when 5 pros decide to group together and stomp the other 5 players. If you wanna play with your friends join beta.

I do however question the team shuffle in qualify. While it is absolutely necessary in ranked to prevent pubstomping and team stacking, I think shuffling the teams in qualify is counterproductive. First since the qualify shuffle is just random, it's just as likely to create a stacked team anyway. I see no reason why friends shouldn't be allowed on the same team in qualify since the games aren't ranked anyway.

but beta is not always available and there are no players who join betagames. And in qualify are too bad players who cant handle greater teams if they arent shuffled.

Imo the elo system doesnt work so good. I dont play many rankedgames jet but i won the most 1on1 games (sidelane) versus dami or paxiBig GrinD

I think, the btanks community is nice enought to not abuse the !group command and if someone make a group, the hostbot give the enemyteam the higher elo player.

Its the same if you play a shooter like MW and you come in a public lobby versus a clan. They win because they are the better teamplayers, but if your team is good enough you can beat them without clan or groups.

Groups dont mean they will win!
Of course groups mean they will win. We had this possibility before (when there were no hostbots and an older league system) and the top100 players all had like 95%+ winratio, playing only when they were really sure they would win with the group.
then they deserved to win because they played goodWink hmmm
but imo the ranked stats are overrated. They say nothing. And if its happend like you sad = "clans" are comingBig Grin
The real solution to this problem might be the ladder I mention in my post. We need much bigger numbers of people to play the game. We need a ladder to compete on, a proper clan/team environment which will attract more players. The facebook/youtube/twitter idea is the only way that I can think to attract more people to give this game a shot.

Perection have you ever been to gamebattles.com . You should check it out. The way that they do things is very addictive and FUN! They arrange matches on the website and meet in game to compete.
Isn't ranked games ladder for battletanks?

I play bt because i don't like extreme popular maps like dota. I don't like the idea of making btanks setup the same way as dota as FreeJason indicates. That will remove the mappers their freedom to work on the map when they want to and not making a forceful obligation to continue because this is money driven.
(2012-12-09, 17:18:51)AeroniumX Wrote: Isn't ranked games ladder for battletanks?

I play bt because i don't like extreme popular maps like dota. I don't like the idea of making btanks setup the same way as dota as FreeJason indicates. That will remove the mappers their freedom to work on the map when they want to and not making a forceful obligation to continue because this is money driven.

Oh so your one of those hipster types that dosant like your favorite band anymore becuase they went main stream and every1 else knows about them ........ HAHAHA I never mentioned dota once I said GAMEBATTLES.COM

the way the do business IS VERY FUN and you would enjoy it.

you play btanks because its a great game, not because its your lil secret. lol!!
Awesome idea! To honor a good team would be much better than to honor a good player.
what should I do? and Gateway which one should I use.
please help me!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick Kick command for Singelplayer Perfektionist 2 3,027 2012-11-08, 03:25:50
Last Post: Perfektionist
  -top and -bot command Perfektionist 17 13,082 2012-10-31, 14:18:21
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Troop Command Center Scan UnifiedDoom 2 2,840 2012-06-27, 21:39:27
Last Post: Exodus
  Add game command -switch Teo_live 2 2,664 2011-03-23, 09:26:44
Last Post: Exodus
  disable kick command in qualify bot games Jayzer 11 5,807 2010-05-20, 23:34:38
Last Post: Andibert