Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
STARCRAFT 2 - BATTLE TANKS
No, they just dont care about it :mrgreen:
they giveu a shit about it ... they get enough money with WoW, so why care about sc2
i would rly like to help build tanks , so if i can help u can text meBig Grin

pm and i watch out how to create for sc2
Multiacc will get u better Teammates maybe, but u still unskilled as before. !!
True Story
TKF Wrote:Don't worry, it will be done before 2012. I bet that it will be completed this year.

Thank god for that, i was thinking it wont finish til 2013. Thanks for putting my mind on ease Big Grin
Johnny8 Wrote:
TKF Wrote:Don't worry, it will be done before 2012. I bet that it will be completed this year.

Thank god for that, i was thinking it wont finish til 2013. Thanks for putting my mind on ease Big Grin
I got a hand on Paladons top secret progress plans so far so I'm very happy to share the current progress of SC2 Battle Tanks. Here the awesome stuff...

2010 Juni-December, The map is being slowly developed during the months but lowed greatly at late autumn months.

2011 January, The map is roughly 40% finished, the terrain is done, some tanks are done and a lot of script process remains which is tiring and troublesome to finished

2011 Fabruary-Novembers, the map is still having very little progress due to the mappers inactivity and lack of motivation to do shit... That sucks but we are patient waiting for the mapSmile

2011 December, TKF bother Paladon and knocks his head and bashes him to finished the battle tanks for sc2 AIAP!!! Cuz he said so!!

2012 January, Sorry lads, where still at the same point this year as last year.

2012 and beyond: Tides of darkness... We have forgotten it... xD Oh someone promised there was going to be a map for sc2... who was that? :mrgreen:

Conclusion: It will be done, IF its done. No pressure.
Hey TKF & Paladon,

MacGyver here, like everyone else i've also been waiting for Battle Tanks SC2. I would seriously love to help out (Just finished getting Battle Tanks MG working on the latest 1.24e patch of WC3) and I have HEAPS of free time to help you guys develop triggers etc...

Exodus contacted me a while back asking for help but then he never replied to my response, so seriously if you guys need help PM me. I have heaps to free time and would LOVE to write some scripts or stuff.

Oh, and for those interested, I'm uploading Battle Tanks MG v10.4 for WC3 as we speak. Will link to it shortly under the General Section.

Rob (aka MacGyver)
Well that was meant as a joke

@MacGyver, well I'm sure Exodus would appreciate your help, if he needs it.
any news? or is it dead?
i guess no1 cares about it anymore... shame it would be a good map.
Paladon is quite occupied by real lifeTongue
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Any chance for an update on the progress anytime soon? Or maybe a rough schedule? (A serious one. ^^)
Is SC2 - Battle Tanks out yet?
Dr.Popitz Wrote:Any chance for an update on the progress anytime soon? Or maybe a rough schedule? (A serious one. ^^)
I don't think it's gonna happen, we have been waiting since sc2 came out - and if it will be released then it's much more hard for them to "gain control" over each game, like with bots in wc3.
I believe that battle tanks will stay with wc3.
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
Well, I know a map in SC2, which features allready a league-system and team-balancment: http://playstarbattle.com/

So, control over a map seems to be ready at all.

---

But I think, sc2-BT will lying in the background, because the focus is still on wc3, as you can see with new tanks and so on over the new version
Maybe I should give a little clarification on the work distribution in our BT-team.

During the beta I was playing around a little with the SC2 editor and doing some triggers for SC BT, but I didn't have time to fully work on it, neither did anyone of us. In the months after that, Paladon worked mostly alone on the SC2 version, but still with very little progress after the initial creation of the map, as he does not have the freetime to do so (even we only see him once in a couple of weeks). I can't say too much about the current state myself, since I don't know about Palas current progression of the map.

My own freetime is also quite limited, but to ensure, that you guys have at least something to enjoy, I decided to continue the Wc3 map, since I'm most familiar with it and it's easier for me to continue this, than to create a completely new map. Because of my limited time, the development takes it's time, as you may have noticed.

So it basically comes down to this:
Paladon: SC BT
Velocity2k + eSVau: Hostbots and league
And I'm working on Wc BT

I'd still like to see BT on Starcraft, but as things are now, we just can't bring up the time to get the project working, like it should be.

Also @MacGyver: Yeah, I'm sorry about that whole thing, it was just before development slowed down. I certainly won't mind you working on your own version for Starcraft. When it ever comes to playable version of your map, you can sure use this platform for getting feedback and such on your map.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
So basically it’s a Duke Nukem Forever thing, right? It might take a while but you're working on it?
Works for me. I might work on my patience-skill for a while. ^^ (But to hear it won't come for SC2 would sadden me.)
Is SC2 - Battle Tanks out yet?
suggetionSmile why dont u stop updating the wc3 bt and starting making faster the sc2 bt all together, i think wc3 is way too old game/engine and you have a new one right now that is better, specially for bt cause it has great terrain and vehicle models!!! i hope we see soon sc2 bt cause guyz ur map is Awesome but i cant enjoy playing on the crappy wc3 graphics anymore
CruentusLiber Wrote:suggetionSmile why dont u stop updating the wc3 bt and starting making faster the sc2 bt all together, i think wc3 is way too old game/engine and you have a new one right now that is better, specially for bt cause it has great terrain and vehicle models!!! i hope we see soon sc2 bt cause guyz ur map is Awesome but i cant enjoy playing on the crappy wc3 graphics anymore

Graphics ain't everything, and wc3 has great graphics maybe it's just your computer which is old school. Just take a look on minecraft for an example.
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
Tynkywinky Wrote:
CruentusLiber Wrote:suggetionSmile why dont u stop updating the wc3 bt and starting making faster the sc2 bt all together, i think wc3 is way too old game/engine and you have a new one right now that is better, specially for bt cause it has great terrain and vehicle models!!! i hope we see soon sc2 bt cause guyz ur map is Awesome but i cant enjoy playing on the crappy wc3 graphics anymore

Graphics ain't everything, and wc3 has great graphics maybe it's just your computer which is old school. Just take a look on minecraft for an example.

m8 i didnt say graphics are everything but i want my game to have good graphics also like gameplay, like sounds, like everything else, my PC is old school ? if it was old school how do i play sc2 ? man i play games on 40'' HDTV 1080p and i dont like playing a game that doesnt support these resolutions. we evolve... if graphics doesnt matter for you why dont you play pacman? its great game! and for minecraft.... i dont like not for the graphics but the gameplay is too boring for me
Next WC3 patch will support widescreen resolutions (but we not gonna like it, because it will be strechedConfusedhock:)
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
CruentusLiber Wrote:
Tynkywinky Wrote:

m8 i didnt say graphics are everything but i want my game to have good graphics also like gameplay, like sounds, like everything else, my PC is old school ? if it was old school how do i play sc2 ? man i play games on 40'' HDTV 1080p and i dont like playing a game that doesnt support these resolutions. we evolve... if graphics doesnt matter for you why dont you play pacman? its great game! and for minecraft.... i dont like not for the graphics but the gameplay is too boring for me

Pacman is boring, do I need to say more?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
No, your avatar says everythingSmile (just kidding, so dont flame me :mrgreen: )

@Topic: Well, CruentusLiber's idea isnt that bad. But I think, the earliest jump from wc3 to sc2 will come with the mac guyver version and then, SOMETIMES later, the "original". The last statement reads itself, like sc2-bt is near to death because of lack of time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle tanks for dota 2 initiative No Pie For You 6 6,982 2015-11-07, 19:08:59
Last Post: No Pie For You