Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
STARCRAFT 2 - BATTLE TANKS
Can we see a pic of the UI right now? Would be very kind of youSmile
No full pictures currently since the interface may still be changed (especially and maybe the graphics).
In general, the previous pictures partially still apply, except the ones of the inventory and unit status informations, and you'll see those soon enoughWink
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Okay, thank you for all those informations anywaySmile
I read all from this post, so i dont think i miss something. You really should think about making hotkeys to items in inventory. In w3 i use Warkeys to have items on 1,2,3,4 etc above letters. It will be impossible with maps that have custom ui.
Paladon Wrote:...but they are triggerable by using their corresponding button (or hotkey) in the skill menu to the right (where they're getting an own box).
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Also, it still would not be impossibleWink
I assigned keys like for example F1 for an instant tank selection, F2 and F3 for the zoom, etc.
Since we now have access to nearly every key, we can easily assign one for another purpose.

Would be very gentle, to have a "near" hotkey for the inventory - beside the QWER.
Ger-Dyers-Eve Wrote:Would be very gentle, to have a "near" hotkey for the inventory - beside the QWER.

Inventory hotkeys can't be remapped without 3rd party tools. :oops: overlooked sc2 topic
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Paladon Wrote:The User Interface generally is finished.

This actually means, the developement is going to focus on the specific tanks and units now.
YES, that means maybe we get to beta test it in middle of July when the beta is being open for the last time for 2 weeks.
nice Grafik looks nice but i wanna try gameplayBig Grin

MAKE NICE ZERG TANKSBig Grin
SC2 is nearing it's release state and how's the progress on SC2 Btanks map? Will it be in beta testing stage before the end of July?
I have absolutely no idea.

Paladon Wrote:I have absolutely no idea.
Well it seems like it's not done when Beta Phase 2 is being started at any time.
Yeah, it also seems, that they'll add some functionality to the editor again. This was the main reason, I didn't do that much for BT SC yet. Otherwise I'd waste time coding some stupid workaround for a missing function, which then will be added in some update of the beta client.

All I can say to the state of BT SC is, that you should not expect a fully playable version too soon. The biggest part that is missing at the moment is ... well, content. Creating a reasonable amount of tanks and items for the start will sure take some time. I just hope, that they added better support for skills with multiple levels, otherwise this will become really tedious work.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
If I would create models in 3D Studio max would you be interested to use them?
Rumor is that there will be working conversion 3DSm > SCII will be out soon.
Du irritierst mich nicht, du widerst mich an!
I'd like to repeat that this thread is not a place to spread messages which are not related to the thread's purpose, thanksSmile
There are other subforums here for ..other things.

We surely are interested in useable models if they meet the usual quality and file size standartsWink

PS: Also, the new patch and beta relaunch just...well, pretty much fucked up the whole custom user interface which i made for Btanks. I guess i'll need some days to rework it.

So battle tanks for sc2 won't be released without tank custom models? There's a lot of mech models ingame and also a merc tank that looks more awesome than siege tank. With protoss and terran mech units there should be plenty enough at least for initial versions. More can be added later in updates.

What is the current progress of SC2 Battle Tanks?
SC2 is out. it's 27 July. should i buy it ? am i gonna have a btanks maps to play on ?Tongue
anytime soon ? or at least an estimate...

thx
TKF Wrote:With protoss and terran mech units there should be plenty enough at least for initial versions.
+1

also I can imagine having organic zerg unit tanksBig Grin
think of guard or ghost tank or even earth robot are also quite organic.
There is other tank models in the campaign which can be used.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle tanks for dota 2 initiative No Pie For You 6 6,972 2015-11-07, 19:08:59
Last Post: No Pie For You