Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
STARCRAFT 2 - BATTLE TANKS
NoSmile
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Yes, release is nearingBig Grin

With the terrain done it's just systems and heroes left to make right?
Systems and terrain were and are developed mainly simultaneous. But creating all the object data (units, tanks, etc.) is a huge part of the work to be done in the future.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Paladon Wrote:Systems and terrain were and are developed mainly simultaneous. But creating all the object data (units, tanks, etc.) is a huge part of the work to be done as soon as humanly possible.

Fixed that for you.

Eagerly awaiting anything in terms of btanksSmile
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
Hey guys,

I thought I'd offer my help on the development. I just finished at an interactive entertainment school and am spending my internship semester making SC2 maps. I'm not even in the same ballpark as you guys programming-wise, but I have been a Lead Designer and Systems Designer on different projects, so if you guys need help on designing tanks, weapons, etc etc I can totally help. I've also played BTanks roughly a trillion times so I'd consider it an honor to work with you guysSmile

Let me know if I can help!
Well they have progressed well into the map and it will probably be released after some weeks.
I hope that Blizz doesnt want to make money with these maps...
Actualy Blizzard is going to eventually allow 'premium maps' that developers can sell via battlenet.
Scarlioni Wrote:Actualy Blizzard is going to eventually allow 'premium maps' that developers can sell via battlenet.
Have you informations about something like the map-sizes? If I am right, at this point of time, the maximal map-size is very small...
No information for you on that. It may have been a rumor. Here are a couple of links from last year. Havent heard anything since the release. I have a feeling that this feature won't be included until the second expansion with the protoss.

My guess is that the super secret MMO from Blizzard will be set in the SC2 universe, and the SC2 engine (With much modification) will be force behind it. Much the same way that the WC3 engine became WOW. This game is allowing them to develope the artwork, icon, backstory, etc...

http://www.1up.com/news/starcraft-support-premium-maps

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60148
Huh. I'm pretty sure I read that the new MMO will be a new franchise. Not WC, SC, or Diablo.

How horrible would it be for the btanks developers to be paid, really? It will be optional and all, but I'd pay $5 for it.
ive seen the zoombuttons on other maps and they're working fine in this way.
i've changed my opinion. it would be nice to see this kind of reason :wink:
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
I have very high expectations of SC2 Battle Tanks. It must be without disgraceful bugs, not worse than WC3 BT and very awesome gameplay as battle tanks.

I wonder if they had to make phönix fire ability from scratch?
who cares bout phoenix fire?^^
just use the att of the protoss walker^^

TKF Wrote:I have very high expectations of SC2 Battle Tanks. It must be without disgraceful bugs, not worse than WC3 BT and very awesome gameplay as battle tanks.

Thats because the Release will be in a year I think. Not earlier. :mrgreen:
Ger-Dyers-Eve Wrote:
TKF Wrote:I have very high expectations of SC2 Battle Tanks. It must be without disgraceful bugs, not worse than WC3 BT and very awesome gameplay as battle tanks.

Thats because the Release will be in a year I think. Not earlier. :mrgreen:
If they work on the map so long other good maps will draw to much attention and Battle Tanks won't get the early attention it need while the SC2 custom games are in the start phase. It's beginning to be late now as some good custom maps are entering the scene now while been worked on for several weeks and is being released. The time for making a stable battle tanks version release is getting more urgent than ever. I hope they got it finished soon.

As the nature of the popularity of SC2 maps is right now, if an update is less than 1 week old it falls of the list quite fast as the players tends to not play the same versions too long. I don't like the impatient nature of SC2 players. Noone is waiting more than 30 sec if there is few people in a game. The impatience is even worse than it was in WC3 and this makes the unpopular maps totally unplayable as noone cares to wait a bit for players to join. At least when I sometimes host cruiser command despite few players join it, some players would gladly wait a few min for the game to get filled. I haven't seen a patient waiter in SC2 custom games so far... not 1....

We are impatiently waiting for Battle Tanks SC2.
Thats because every map in SC2 is new for the gamers. So if one map fills up too slowly, you can check another one instead. I think, in a few months it will be better. And i hope, blizzard will work on the custom game-mechanics. Its horrible. Thats because I play SC2 Custom Games not very often. Warcraft3 is in this aspect FAR better - and much older *lol*.

Quote:If they work on the map so long other good maps will draw to much attention and Battle Tanks won't get the early attention it need while the SC2 custom games are in the start phase. It's beginning to be late now as some good custom maps are entering the scene now while been worked on for several weeks and is being released. The time for making a stable battle tanks version release is getting more urgent than ever. I hope they got it finished soon.

Thats the balance, you must find:
One Hand -> early release, not very good map
Other Hand -> late relase, but a qualitylevel as the WC3-Map

Both have advantages und disadvantages:
Early Release -> The Beginning of a Fanbase but most people will jump on other maps, which are more mature.
Later Release -> People will take a look and see "woooooooow is this map quite mature" but the community will grow up slowly.
little question btw:
how much of you are woking on the sc2 bt map now?
there have been some offers to help you with it.
did you took some help or not?

Gentlemen,

Remember it's not just the game itself that makes the experience fun, it's the people. We have a great community here, and we want to try to preserve our values when migration to SC2 has been completed.

It doesn't surprise me that there are new players over there with the patience of a gnat on crack. I really hope they enable clans etc, over there as it's important to re-connect the social network at that end.

In the meantime I'm enjoying things on WC3 just fine; it's evident there are alot of good features still on WC3.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.
Well, all the excitement about a possible SCII version only shows the general appreciation for the outstanding effort the BT team has put into the mod.

Nevertheless, i guess it could help to post an alpha test version of the map ( as soon as it actually makes sense) so ppl can test it for pathability, bugs etc. and on this basis make recommendations.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle tanks for dota 2 initiative No Pie For You 6 6,965 2015-11-07, 19:08:59
Last Post: No Pie For You