Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
STARCRAFT 2 - BATTLE TANKS
Cant wait to try out BTanks for SC2!

I loved the game on Warcraft III!

Keep up the good work. :wink:
Make tiers 1, tiers 2, don't do item complicated item yet and realease it :pBtanks would be the reference if you release a good version this month. I would even send you moneyBig Grin
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:if you release a good version this month.

I doubt that, sorry. A very bad version may be possible : P
We'd like to present you quality (but sure, the earlier, the better).
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Paladon Wrote:
Althend Wrote:if you release a good version this month.

I doubt that, sorry. A very bad version may be possible : P
We'd like to present you quality (but sure, the earlier, the better).

Can we help you anyhow?

Making item description?
Creating items?
Making translation? (is there multi support languages inside a map? I am able to do french, english, dutch, (a bit vietnamese and chinese too lol) )

Did you make a system that makes easy to import btanks script to another map? (so you can have many different landscapes?)

Of course, I would ask a reward... as always, everyone should love me!!!!Big Grin

I bet the coding is 90% of the job. It takes about 200 hours + learning hours in editor to make a release worthy BT version for SC2.

SC2 doesn't have a native Hero system and not items system either. Everything has to be made from scratch. The terrain was probably done in a few hours.

Also the data editor isn't so simple to it takes time to get used to it. I'm not used to it yet as it's urological and unnecessary complicated. Also I haven't figured out how to increase level of abilties, but to use "tech upgrades" to boost the existing abilities. Another solution could be to replace the abilties, aka 1 ability for each level, but that would require intense edits. Unless dev team has found a better method this is taking several weeks...

Element TD is expected to be completed in the end of this month already since it was somewhat prestarted in beta, even that doesn't use hero system, it takes eternity to make something good of the editor.
The more I play the horribly unbalanced DOTA clones (I don't like DOTA) the more I can't wait for this.
Ive now stoped playing star craft 2 all together until Btanks comes out lol its just no fun i prefer WC3 im soooo looking forward to btanks now.
silentbob10 Wrote:Ive now stoped playing star craft 2 all together until Btanks comes out lol its just no fun i prefer WC3 im soooo looking forward to btanks now.

Step 1: Get OCD.

Step 2: Grind single player achievements. First I did the whole campaign on hard and got every single mission achievement (as well as all research/armory/mercenary achieves). Now I'm doing Brutal for all 29 missions(some are actually really hard, a couple have taken me almost an hour and a half). Then do the < 8 hour normal campaign achievement. That one shouldn't be hard since you can skip some missions, skip all bonus objectives, and do some in less than 5 minutes. Challenge achievements, only a couple I had to replay once or twice to get gold.

Step 3:
Multiplayer and related achievements. There are some hard ones for playing custom games against A.I.s. I thought the FFA against 7 NORMAL A.I.s was difficult, I tried insane and got my butt handed to me. I was terran on the normal one though and zerg on the insane, terran has much better static defense. Oh then do league games. I haven't even done my placement matches yet.

Step 4:
Play battle tanks. By the time you get here it should be out.

Right there with you, though, can't wait for SC2 btanks. I'm sure it'll be amazing with some new tricks and tech to make an even better experience. Just take your time guys, no point in releasing something you're not happy with!
what do you need to learn to make a custom map ? what scripting language is it this time ? can you provide any links to tutorials or resources about the scripting on SC2 ?
Well, there is bad news. Today I saw 2 AoS types maps that sucks popularity from all the other maps. These are actually very well made that I got impressed myself, although they are DotA clones it's better than any maps I've played in WC3 due to the pathing and the extreme cool abilties.

Maybe we have a playable version in 2 months?
can u tell us which maps u've been playing?
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
TKF Wrote:I bet the coding is 90% of the job. It takes about 200 hours + learning hours in editor to make a release worthy BT version for SC2.

SC2 doesn't have a native Hero system and not items system either. Everything has to be made from scratch. The terrain was probably done in a few hours.

Also the data editor isn't so simple to it takes time to get used to it. I'm not used to it yet as it's urological and unnecessary complicated. Also I haven't figured out how to increase level of abilties, but to use "tech upgrades" to boost the existing abilities. Another solution could be to replace the abilties, aka 1 ability for each level, but that would require intense edits. Unless dev team has found a better method this is taking several weeks...

Element TD is expected to be completed in the end of this month already since it was somewhat prestarted in beta, even that doesn't use hero system, it takes eternity to make something good of the editor.

this sounds remarkably similar to the original StarCraft 1 editor.

seems like WC3 is still the better editor for custom games, it seems to offer more options than the SC editors

i also noticed they are using a lot of the old sound and music, seems like blizzard didn't work much on the game, feels more like they only slapped in a 3D engine, created an RPG like campaign and mucho cinematic to make the game look cool, but in the end they didn't include much of the cool stuff they created in WC3

WC3 was a huge improvement over WC2, i was expecting something similar, i guess my expectations for SC2 was too high
I played some sc2 games. But it is too early to talk. Because game has just been released and its is still bugfixin and etc.
AoS games seemed so low acordingly to WC3. They need a lot of work on those maps.
Thing is "will the game engine (editor also) let it be a Battle Tanks?"
Best game i've played is "spawn wars"Big Grin
Trolololo
Battlemaniac Wrote:
TKF Wrote:I bet the coding is 90% of the job. It takes about 200 hours + learning hours in editor to make a release worthy BT version for SC2.

this sounds remarkably similar to the original StarCraft 1 editor.

seems like WC3 is still the better editor for custom games, it seems to offer more options than the SC editors

i also noticed they are using a lot of the old sound and music, seems like blizzard didn't work much on the game, feels more like they only slapped in a 3D engine, created an RPG like campaign and mucho cinematic to make the game look cool, but in the end they didn't include much of the cool stuff they created in WC3

WC3 was a huge improvement over WC2, i was expecting something similar, i guess my expectations for SC2 was too high

Sc2 editor is way better then wc3 editor, its just that your comparing a multiple year in the making game like bt 8.71 to new 2 month old maps in sc2.

Before Bob and Exo made bt great as it is, early versions sucked so bad i would never want to play them.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Blizzard announced an mapping competition and I think battle tanks can win this mapping competition. 5000$ as price money. Can it be done before 11th September? U have worked for it for an month now right?

Or does the battle tanks map take longer time to complete? Is it unrealistic to finish an playable version of battle tanks within a month?
it would be difficult to win i guess...
there are some excellent maps out there and some good are in final stadium :/
the one dotaclone from france has a very detailed map and works fine so far.

pala could u post some new screenshots if something changed in landscape or mapdetail?
i know its hard work to create maps like btanks but its necessary to get a running version asap for publicity purposes..
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
There is some progress, but it's not showable in screenshots yet.
Also, we (mainly Exodus currently, but we all have a lack of time so the map is "going around") are creating the tanks and units now.
There are some tweaks necessary concerning the UI, but that's unimportant for the moment.

Paladon Wrote:There is some progress, but it's not showable in screenshots yet.
Also, we (mainly Exodus currently, but we all have a lack of time so the map is "going around") are creating the tanks and units now.
There are some tweaks necessary concerning the UI, but that's unimportant for the moment.

Yay sounds good!
However, here is something to study:

The current layout and paths.
[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you implement different choice of layout???

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle tanks for dota 2 initiative No Pie For You 6 6,902 2015-11-07, 19:08:59
Last Post: No Pie For You