Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta League
:idea:

Attached Files Image(s)

what about autokicking players who are abusing ai? its not fair to "normal" skilled or new players.
and they are spamming the display (ai controlled info)

the most ai abusive players i ever seen are : nos_tradamus , nos_sireatalot , nos_tschuls

i asked them why they use it every 5s (not lieing!)... only sireat answerd i think..

the reason was: because the ai got a good feel about range of the weapons.. wtf?? thats so bad in my opinion.. and is it fun huh? i dont think so...
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
There is a new qualify bot "BTL-Qualify" (free4all and not ranked).
The other bots only allow players with at least 10 games played and at least 75% average stay. Hope this will increase the quality of the games a bit.
=O
and what is about abusive ai using? =/

AGGInator Wrote:and what is about abusive ai using? =/
I have never seen that, can you tell me what this is?
ssl Wrote:
AGGInator Wrote:and what is about abusive ai using? =/
I have never seen that, can you tell me what this is?

AGGInator told what is ai abusing in the post above. The "abusive ai" means typing "-afkai" every 5s.

I don't think people can gain benefits in games with many -afkai, because the AI is really not as good as human players. (well, maybe better than beginner players)

But the abusing -afkai gives a lot of spam on the screen, which is annoy.

Maybe the mapper can consider to add a cooldown time for the -afk/-afkai. like you can only use once every 10min etc.
good idea...

and the advantage is the good for creeping, not as good as a good player but more effective then running into the creeps to far and to get dam... for example.

but yes.. the spam is really annoying -.-

Dear Community,

i'm so fucking pissed due being kicked for no real reason - happy waiting for some league progress. I'm on vacation or building a house or counting grass in my backyard or doing some other stuff.

best regards

eSVau
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
+1 -.-

olivercamel Wrote:My real points are:

(1) We need to do something against leaver/feeder who can ruin a good bt game. My suggestions is to have differently levels of liga bots, which only good players can join. (I think counting only the players points is enough, but it is ok if you want to calculate X games % stay etc.)

(2) I think it needs to reconsider the pointing system. For now, if you lose game, you lose points anyway no matter how good you play. I think maybe real outstading players can earn some points even they lose a game. Because sometimes you can really do nothing to stop your team from losing.

(3) I suggest to disable "-kick" command in liga, or reconsider about the auto balancing. Because the auto balancing algorithm (i guess) is based on 10 players. If both teams kick some players in the early game, the team is not balanced anymore. (Although without -kick you cannot do anything to feeder/home bomber in own team, if we implement (1), those players will not appear (at least not too often) in the higher level liga bots.

All these points are spot on. And I totally support all of them. Hell, might aswell add a 95%+ stay to join.

I am really really tired of playing games with 4 feeders and people that leave, go afk every 2 minutes, tinkers(Seriously why arent they banned if trader/exploder is?) and generally feeling like you play the game solo. Had so many back to back games ending up alone I'm considering just playing on BuG instead.
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
next preview: http://league.btanks.net/ - feedback would be appreciated

known bug: towerkills are not correctly tracked
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
eSVau Wrote:next preview: http://league.btanks.net/ - feedback would be appreciated

Isn't the weight of leaving/dc too heavy? Sometimes I see players losing things like 40 points in one game because they got dc at start O_o

When we look at the worse stats We can see that they have win/lose ratio that are not so bad :o
Code:
Ranking:
Rank:     Name (Realm):     Points:     Win:     Lose:     Leave:     Last Seen:
8277     r_o_m (1)     686.63     16     23     24     2010-05-20 15:13:58
8278     killsalot (3)     657.35     22     33     29     2010-05-19 06:48:12
8279     azer22 (1)     655.28     35     35     32     2010-05-20 19:19:00
8280     whalynjennings (3)     645.22     19     12     26     2010-05-08 20:17:07
8281     XxenjoixX (3)     574.69     19     19     30     2010-05-09 01:07:59
8282     psjtrade (4)     0.00     86     50     77     2010-05-20 21:40:01

The system is done so even if you may win more that lose, you can get last of league if you leave just before the end of the game? :p

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:
eSVau Wrote:next preview: http://league.btanks.net/ - feedback would be appreciated

Isn't the weight of leaving/dc too heavy? Sometimes I see players losing things like 40 points in one game because they got dc at start O_o

You currently lose between -50 and -20 points (based on 20 theoretical regular point gain)

Sweet, looks great. Nice work!

Althend Wrote:Isn't the weight of leaving/dc too heavy? Sometimes I see players losing things like 40 points in one game because they got dc at start O_o [...]

I really think its way too heavy for certain things. You should add - Being kicked to that list aswell.
I understand that lowering/removing most of the penalty for leaving or disconnecting would probably lead to abuse so the current way might be the best.

Some other things that I've thought about while playing:

1. It feels like the composition of the teams or the points-system might need some work in some way. Right now it feels like sort of a gamble entering every game. I realise its pretty much impossible changing this since (apart from kicking certain people) you can't work around having specific players in the actual game but sometimes its just a lost cause. I know everyones rating will start to even out at each players "capacity" after a while so it might or should get better the further into the season. Obviously there will always be a few players that will rank up or down fast when they first start.

2. Adding a heavier points weight to the ingame stats of a player just to shave of some of the points lost when you get a really terrible team but still manage to do well, I think this should be rewarded somehow (Maybe it already is in some way?). There's some games where its close to impossible to accomplish anything at all, especially if you get a few leavers to top things off.

Err, ye..hopefully it makes some sense :roll:
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
:oops:
BETA League has been reseted due some internal database structure changes. That includes loss of all playerid, gameid etc. if you had some bookmarks on them.

The BETA Page does not have those changed fully included yet.
As mention within [League] solution to handle leavers? the leaver penalty has been changed.

The penalty someone will recieve for leaving a game will be at least the points someone would gain for this game, additional the last 19 games and the current game will detemine someons avg. (time) stay percentage which will be multiplied with 50 and added to the penalty.

You may also notice that you can reduce your penalty by 0.5 for each regular game.
eSVau Wrote:stay percentage which will be multiplied with 50 and added to the penalty
Does this mean if you have 100% stay percentage (which is good) you get additionally 50 points penalty? Shouln't it be the other way?
ssl Wrote:
eSVau Wrote:stay percentage which will be multiplied with 50 and added to the penalty
Does this mean if you have 100% stay percentage (which is good) you get additionally 50 points penalty? Shouln't it be the other way?

No, it's 50*(1-stay) which is 0 for 100% stay.
Disable the kick function for the league.
And add the tinker to the random tanks or disable him (like exploder and trader).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTanks League RANKED #30003 cant Join Bot Userkiller 0 2,226 2012-04-27, 17:10:20
Last Post: Userkiller
  8.72 Beta 3 bot = horrible games UnifiedDoom 2 3,042 2010-10-02, 19:59:44
Last Post: Velocity2k
  afkai on league. jonjon 8 5,290 2010-09-08, 13:11:45
Last Post: Smartie
  Removal of Votekick in League psycodiver 4 3,488 2010-06-20, 22:32:46
Last Post: ssl
  Capslocked and Althend might cheat in league( with replay) mooneye 16 9,615 2010-06-20, 21:47:23
Last Post: psycodiver