Poll: Would you liked shared bounty in battle tanks?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
58.33%
7 58.33%
No
41.67%
5 41.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shared Bounty Kills - Good idea?
As many are aware of, many AoS games has a custom bounty system where you get bounty when you are close to a creep being killed. You get the bounty nonetheless of you killed it or not. Same goes for heroes and structures. This is not how it works in battle tanks. Changing the current bounty system will also change the way you earn gold.

The question is, does that fit with battle tanks, or is it better to keep the old fashioned "I killed him so only I get the bounty" way. The current system makes the player who has most kills often as the strongest.

The suggestion could be that the killer get 2x bounty, but the nearby friendlies get 1x. For example you get 10 gold if the killed the marine, 5 gold if someone else killed it. All nearby participants get a small part of the bounty. There different ways of making such system.

Methods:
  • Bounty Method 1: The killer get all the bounty for himself. (Current)

• Bounty Method 2: The killer get 2x bounty, all nearby friendlies get 1x. With teamwork the creeping is more effective. Thus is can be a little unbalanced as there is no limits of participants. In other words the kill get full bounty in all situations.

• Bounty Method 3: The killer get 2x part of the bounty, all nearby friendlies get 1x part of the bounty. If a commander worth 24 gold get killed, the gold is divided by nearby participants. For example you + 1 teammate + force -> that would be 3 participants. You killed the creep so you get 12 gold, teammate 6 gold, force 6 gold.

• Bounty Method 4: Same as method 3, but the force don't get participation role when a player do the kills.

The benefit of this system is that weak players get more gold, but good players can get less gold for their efforts. The disadvantage is the weak players kinda get more powerful more unexpected. Also this might lengthen the average gametime as well. There's more cons and pros....

Discuss
or:
everybody get that amount of bounty, which he did damage to the killed creep/tank. -> stealing impossible.
No Support via PM!!
Well flat is also possible, but I suggest some bonus for the one doing the killing blow.
I sense perma running detection systems[...]

The idea has my support, however, i think the killing player should get 1xgold, allied units who helped him 0.5xgold.
These assistants won't count as kills in the game statistics.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
I don't like it, low creeping builds get a huge buff out of this, creeping builds a huge nerf. It's simply bad for balance (even if the total gold wouldn't change at all, but even more if its something like 1xbounty & 0.5x bounty).

Quote:everybody get that amount of bounty, which he did damage to the killed creep/tank. -> stealing impossible.

Wouldn't have the balance problems of the creeping/non-creeping builds, but it will have other problems, namely it would remove a current skill-faktor. Right now you can creep better if you move in a way having least possible creeps in range so your weapon-spread keeps low. If there is a system like that, there would be no need to move in a certain way any more, making the game way easier (and more boring).
This would severly change the Btanks gameplay. Might it be an option at game start to see what becomes more popular. I'm all for avoiding the situation where one player has 90% of the teams money and the rest feel useless and leave or feed. I love the team aspect of this game and want to downplay soloing.

I am personally for bounty method 4. I don't like the part idea because if the whole team is there, you are essentially getting a godlike kill in extra cash. I feel that it would skew the income balance and discount creep killing. I don't think creep kills should be changed at all. If you kill the creeps, you keep all the income.

So working on this premise: If kill is worth 600, killer get 400 and the other 200 is split amongst the other players in the area (not the creep forces). If no other players, killer gets full gold.

This method would not skew the gold income for the team. It would help prevent the really good players from becomming the only useful players and can win as a team. There is no point in splitting the gold with the forces as it will just get redistributed again at the tick. If killer is a hunter, the hunter bonus gold only goes to the killer and is not split.

I'd also like to try the trader model where killer gets half and the rest of the team splits the remaining, regardless of range. This would keep the side people from being left out.

As for assists, I don't know if it's possible to determine who the second to last person was to hit the player who died, but that would be great for stats. If possible, I'd like to see only one assist per kill.
Btanks fan since version 4US
I don't know why it happened by I can fix it!
So what's about only naming those assistants without rewarding them?
May that be an option?
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Quote:Wouldn't have the balance problems of the creeping/non-creeping builds, but it will have other problems, namely it would remove a current skill-faktor. Right now you can creep better if you move in a way having least possible creeps in range so your weapon-spread keeps low. If there is a system like that, there would be no need to move in a certain way any more, making the game way easier (and more boring).

Also AoE spells will get a big advantage like Swarm Rockets. Just cast it on a big creep pack with full hp. Even you kill none, you will get percent from all creeps..
All these shared bounty can be abused. And will affect game in a negative way.
People will stick together to kill 1 or 2 guys because they will all get money etc..
Trolololo
Icono Wrote:So working on this premise: If kill is worth 600, killer get 400 and the other 200 is split amongst the other players in the area (not the creep forces). If no other players, killer gets full gold.
This might be an actual way. But I was also thinking on the killer get full gold regardless, but if there was someone with him, they get 50% shared (25% each if 2), or all get 50% each, but that might stack up the benefit of teamwork.

I also see the disadvantages Prog points out. It reduces the reward for player skill, and as Icono mentioned it will radically change gameplay. This might as well be a bad idea for making this permanent in battle tanks.

Alternatively in could be entered as a mode in custom modes selection called shared bounty, so the current bounty system could as well be the way it is by default.

I added a poll, but this is just brainstorming discussion mostly atm.
As long as the overall bounty remains the same I am all for it. But I don't want to see shared bounty providing extra gold overall.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Paladon Wrote:So what's about only naming those assistants without rewarding them?
May that be an option?
check if the killer has done more then 70% damage, if not a message pops up "<killer> has stolen a frag from <theguywhomademostdamage>" and then <theguywhomasemostdamage> gets 50% of the bountySmile
No Support via PM!!
TKF Wrote:I also see the disadvantages Prog points out. It reduces the reward for player skill, and as Icono mentioned it will radically change gameplay. This might as well be a bad idea for making this permanent in battle tanks.

Alternatively in could be entered as a mode in custom modes selection called shared bounty, so the current bounty system could as well be the way it is by default.

I added a poll, but this is just brainstorming discussion mostly atm.

I dislike it aswell for the reason indet pointed it, actually really dont like it all. Would probably change the game to the worse.

Fine with custom mode. Who says no to diversitySmile

psycho_dmr Wrote:
Paladon Wrote:So what's about only naming those assistants without rewarding them?
May that be an option?
check if the killer has done more then 70% damage, if not a message pops up "<killer> has stolen a frag from <theguywhomademostdamage>" and then <theguywhomasemostdamage> gets 50% of the bountySmile

Edit[Missread]: Not sure that message is needed but I wouldent seeing who assisted in the kill, like in DoTA
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
GooglyBoogly Wrote:As long as the overall bounty remains the same I am all for it. But I don't want to see shared bounty providing extra gold overall.

I agree 100% with GooglyBoogly, if you give out more gold to players for assists then from that point on all you will have is some weak player running in and damaging the enemy just enough to have his team mate get the kill giving his team mate 100% bounty and the weak cowardly tank X% of bounty, that will lead to a major imbalanced game.

On the other hand i voted yes on shared bounty only if it is split bounty, i get tired of getting one two or three tanks to super low hp to only have some ks crazy man take all the kills and GLORY!!!!
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
I think the idea is good as a mode to see if it does well with the majority of players.

But I also like psycho's idea, you get as much gold as the damage you inflict in percentage when the target dies. Absolutely Brilliant !
I fucking love seeing all these people say they don't want a shared bounty.
ON TOP OF THAT --> the guy originally posting describes 3-4 STUPID ways of doing it...
which begs the question, is he just posting this to get it shot down?

OOOOH but he can't say "make it like DOTA" because noooo we don't like DOTA.

In essence, the "5-min-noob-gold" accounts for the creeps killing things worth bounty.
So what everyone here is inherently opposing is the 5-min-noob-gold they get every game.
The point here is that if a hero tank dies to some creeps, whichever hero hit it last should
get the bounty for it and if no hero has attacked it since death, then evenly split it and
instantaneously pay it out. Same for towers, rax etc....
BUT NOT THE CREEPS! (I thought this would have been obvious to everyone reading this!!)

But then we get back to the creeps killing creeps and shared bounties happening there....
and you read sooo many posts about how THAT is unfair:

Quote:GooglyBoogly wrote:
As long as the overall bounty remains the same I am all for it. But I don't want to see shared bounty providing extra gold overall.
Sorry, it already does! (5-min-noob-gold)

Quote:TKF wrote:
I also see the disadvantages Prog points out. It reduces the reward for player skill
This is indirectly pointing at the fact that IT ALREADY HAPPENS -- (5-min-noob-gold)
i don't who gets the kill money besides lets face it the more you creep the stronger you leads to better weapons leading to you having more chance of killing someone but .as i said i think i don't mind the full money going to a team mateSmile
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New item idea: Titanium Hull psycodiver 8 6,611 2014-01-12, 02:49:37
Last Post: BtankNoob
  I have a great idea! BtankNoob 0 1,906 2014-01-12, 02:40:54
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Shared Money for creeping Crag_Hack 2 2,532 2012-04-24, 07:58:51
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Tank bounty depending on time of last death Bob666 23 16,192 2012-03-15, 01:40:37
Last Post: Smell.No.Evil
  Found a cool bug once i think its a great idea for a skill or item tained 0 1,692 2011-09-08, 18:04:02
Last Post: tained