Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mode - No Long Range
what about a new mode (like no tinker, no exploder, no trader) which doesn't allow players to buy long range weapons (no long range)?
i really prefer this mode - actually 9 of 10 of my hosted games are "-no longrange (1300)" games enforced thru bot kick.

People has to play with such a mode and cannot hope for a lucky shot with energy torpedo or hoping for dump players following a borbardment rocket packed helicopter or just waiting hovering above hills or forest till they got a kill...

Especial at the beginning it's just boring and tough to counter without well playing teammates. And at internal games of northrend bt clans it is a ~15min race killing creeps in the middle till everybody switching for an air ship (which is also boring, but thats another storyBig Grin )
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
its true in the middle lane of a private game all it is usally x3 scouts with bombarding rockets racing to airship
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Last intern I played, mid was: 3 scout long range vs 3 heli.
Guess who win?
Heli by focus rocket.

Currently, to counter long range, you have demolisher, heli and medivac.µ

I admit that if you have other tanks, scout long range is pain in the ass but, it is more due to the fact that the scout is to good for his prince. This gets extra hp comparing to his prince. (650 when it should get 500)

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
sure you can counter almost everything. but that's not the point of discussion. you can counter exploder and tinker too. but there is a mode to switch them off. so why not just switch off anyoing long range guys if you don't want to play with such guys?

at first only a few ppl were playing these weapons but in the meantime i could say almost 60% of the ppl in my games buy long range weapons and not only scouts. in my opinion it's taking out alot of the gamefun if these guys just stand behind creps, waiting for someone doing a wrong move, standing still behind creeps doing nothing and getting feed like there is no tomorrow by other players.
When it comes to me I am sometimes playing longrange, but only only to do something like a little ´revenge` because of all the other annoying players with longrange in the mid :roll:
Of course, playing longrange is as normal as any other role, but if you got 3 longrange players in mid ( especially like Prog and other players like him :wink: ), it would be nearly impossible to resist in mid!

So I think such a mode would be interesting, so ( like others said before) that players no longer can stand still behind creeps waiting the other players to make a wrong move!

Well, give it a chance Smile
Der Vorteil an der Klugheit ist, dass man sich dumm stellen kann.
Andersherum ist dies schon erheblich schwieriger.
Well, I won't implement another restricting mode and I'd also like to remove the other ones by balancing the crucial parts.

You want to remove long range because you think it's annoying or unbalanced. Well, then let's change it in a way it's still playable, but not too strong.

Two suggestions:
  • Limit long range to only 1200 range
  • Reduce the damage factor for no buildings weapon to e.g. 85%
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Exodus Wrote:You want to remove long range because you think it's annoying or unbalanced. Well, then let's change it in a way it's still playable, but not too strong.

Two suggestions:
  • Limit long range to only 1200 range
  • Reduce the damage factor for no buildings weapon to e.g. 85%

I like your first suggestion. I don't think it's unbalanced but as mentioned before (by others and me) it's annoying and boring and leads to a passiv gameplay, e.g. most long range players waiting for wrong moves and hopes for the stupidity of other players.
Since some long range player are so chicken-hearted and running away at the slightest move towards them u can't even reach them with most tank skills.

So, i vote for 1200 instead of 1300.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
i think changing the values of long range weapons is worth a try. you could see how it affects the playstyle of the ppl playing btanks.
Keep the long range weapons as they are. Not being able to attack structures is already a great disadvantage. Also long range players usually sucks vs tinker towers, except guards.

But decreasing the range to 1200 will also increase the damage done by long range weapons and people will whine for damage reduction.
the reason why so many people play longrange is that most games are hb(and 5k)
hb is unbalanced and the most damn imba lame shit in hb are longrange weapons.

removing longrange will people cry for a mode removing short range and so on.

i disagree that not being able to attack buildings is a disadvantage.
this depends on the situation, sometimes you can kill a tinker behind his towers
or an enemy at his cp cause you dont attack the buildings.
http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=...019#p23960
Gammagulp Wrote:To the long Range "Limitation": A guy from my clan made a suggestion if it would be possible to make 1300Range Weapons a category of "long Range" And as long as you got one in you inventory you could loose 20 Move Speed or so.

I made this suggestion at voice chat some time ago, which would be another possibility. I think the biggest "problem" with long range is that you can't do much versus real chicken-hearted players.
Give long range weapons a stacking! speed penalty would increase their risk to die cause the can't escape that easily. I wouldn't decrease their damage factor - it's just fine :roll:
thumbup for choice number one: decrease range of long-range-weapons from 1300 to 1200 range! I guess, that would help in a way. :wink:
Der Vorteil an der Klugheit ist, dass man sich dumm stellen kann.
Andersherum ist dies schon erheblich schwieriger.
i fully agree with chronicstoned. not atacking buildings is in some situations a big advantage.

another possibility would be to allow players only to carry a small amount of this weapons maybe only one weapon with 1300 range is allowed.
Well, its quiet good that yout dont attack buildings in the beginning for the long range player.

1 ) You let the towers in mid alive and let the Force towers kill 66% of the creepgold, because players in 5on5 dont get the creeps
2 ) When 2 Scouts with bombarding and later energytorpedo attack a light tank (maybe with simple fireball 950 range) who got only 60% life and retreats to his CP in mid (the other player also retreats infront of his mate, is shopping or already deadWink ) he is not protected by the tower - and if the scouts move well they even arent hit by the tower --> 100% kill.

Dont underestimate the "units only" weapons, especially longrange --> Towers are less effective
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I dont have any problem with long range. Keep it as thy are plz.
Really, you see it often due to hb.
Concerning the scout+long range, reducing scout hp would stop the usual build:bombard, torpedo, light hull. Pople would have to do : bombar, light hull, torpedo.
Heli or light+ bombard is not an issue. It is just the combination with scout that is a bit annoying.

It is quit normal that some tank are less good for mid.Light tank is perfect for lane and not for mid.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Reducing the range to 1200 also means there are generally less targets in range, so they become easier to aim.

I would suggest that long-range have a slower projectile speed to reduce their farming effectiveness (from more wasted shots that have the target die before they get hit).
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Well I think just the effective creep canon of the scout in the combination with the heal is such strong. I think light tank and heli +bombard is not that strong comparing to other builds -> except against scouts without hullSmile
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Gammagulp Wrote:Well I think just the effective creep canon of the scout in the combination with the heal is such strong.

True. If anything should be changed, then the creep cannon or the heal. But only "if". There are enough possible counters and there is still a huge gap between a random long range scout player and a good player.
My beef is with multiple people using them to clump and kill entire teams at cp's. I'd prefer a "long range monopoly" mode where the first 1 or perhaps 2 people can buy long range and no more. Person 3 who buys it would be blocked. There is always one person on a team who can't wait for the first tick and buy a hull to go assulting and then they long range bastards get fed.

Long range has it's tactical place on a team, but I don't want an entire team or even 3 people to be able to purchase it. Your team should be forced to team play and support each other in multiple lanes, rather than just slowly choking the middle players to death until they get impatient and feed.

In the end I'd like to see something done about it because it forces me to always build a tank that is strong vs long range and so I can't play how I want to. My favorite battles are medium range vs medium range.
Btanks fan since version 4US
I don't know why it happened by I can fix it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,274 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Long games - Supercell ; Titan Max 2 3,500 2014-03-28, 16:58:19
Last Post: Max
  Early Game Short Range UnifiedDoom 11 11,318 2013-02-21, 11:57:32
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,686 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846
  Q skill range : shredder and storm ckibibi 12 11,322 2012-10-25, 23:58:30
Last Post: BENNIE.FM