Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inherent trader problem (trade good values)
I dont think anyone has noticed this, but the trader's ability to generate gold does not increase in the same way that combat tanks do. combat tanks gold production for the most part doubles over a specific amount of time (lets say 15-20 minutes), because as tanks get bigger their bounties go up and, assuming even teams, the kill rate stays the same (mathematicians should easily recognize this as an exponential function).

trader, on the other hand, increases gold production very quickly at the start as he increases his wood supply and therefore can uses multiple trade posts at the same time and then gains access to more valuable trade goods because his abilities upgrade and/or has bought speed and/or teleport items. BUT once the trader is acquiring trade goods at max speed he can no longer increase his gold production trade posts only generate trade goods at the same rate the entire game.

MY SOLUTION:

I propose that trade goods change in value over time at a rate that is exponential.

This is all good unless Bob and Exodus intended that traders should be forced into a combat tank at a certain point in the game.
I experienced it too, that at a certain point (maybe you earned 100-120Wood) YOu dont get more money ofter time if you maxed your speed as much as possible and your multitrade (-10seconds till good refreshed) skill is also used.

But usally I didnt care up to now, because if you reached that point without being interrupted effectively your team could win easily if there are not much leavers. Also the trader generate money from "nothing" while the gold amount of creeps, towers and factories is limited every 5 minutes.

Maybe there could be a "big Trader" Tank which got a skill which improves the trader money later --> for example the ultimate skill ^^
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I think the problem is trader is just too boring. When your suggestion starts to really take affect, it would be fairly late in the game. Playing trader that long is rather dull in late game.

But good suggestion, goods value (and other things) are too static and linear.
๏̮๏
I think it is a bad idea. It would make it even harder to balance out the trade item recipies, and would encourage extra players to switch into trader late -game - making games take even longer.

You would have to be playing for over a rather long time (~90mins) before a normal tank could earn 'more' than an unhindered maxed out trader. And even then, like Gammagulp said:

Quote:Also the trader generate money from "nothing" while the gold amount of creeps, towers and factories is limited every 5 minutes.

this is very important.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  allowing trader in league Shadowgear7 2 2,808 2011-11-25, 08:08:50
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
  The problem with the synchronous firing of weapons VicePrezes 3 2,570 2011-02-01, 02:14:43
Last Post: VicePrezes
  Shared Bounty Kills - Good idea? TKF 16 7,880 2009-10-16, 05:06:01
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  OK trader is imba, what can we change about it? Dr.McNinja 24 11,339 2009-04-20, 23:26:29
Last Post: Ayeshia
  The Ultra Offensive TRADER Dr.McNinja 11 5,466 2009-04-16, 08:27:33
Last Post: Dr.McNinja