Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bot Advantage
I think the one thing that really needs adressing with the bots is the clumping. They generally move and act as one, which can be really annoying (unless you are an exploder). I really don't know how much coding work would be required to make them more independent, though. I am thankful we have any bots at allBig Grin. They make for good stress relief when you just want to smash something in a 5 on 1 game :roll: .
1 thing wrong with bots -_- obsessed with getting control points ffs -_-
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
The bot behavior changed massive from 8.56 to 8.57. In 8.57 they gangend beteween 2 CP´s aon a lane against each other sometimes Big Grin
I know it - because we did a starting creep Contest ^^. And as 8.57 the bots moved that strange, so that killing creeps in mid was really easy, while before it was difficult.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
BENNIE.FM Wrote:1 thing wrong with bots -_- obsessed with getting control points ffs -_-

Pro bots!
๏̮๏
go annoying the bots - go to the cp when they teleport run! and then your mate go to the other cp, when they teleport, he run! and then u go to the cp again, and when they come, u run. And that is what u have to do until the bots don´t have more gold back. quite easy way to win if they spend 3k on teleporting.
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
i know this subject is dead i would not mind having ai on my team besides the fact they are obsessed with capturing cps only thing they do is die from taking over the may try 30-40 times and die time after time
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Hjerk Wrote:I think the one thing that really needs adressing with the bots is the clumping. They generally move and act as one, which can be really annoying (unless you are an exploder). I really don't know how much coding work would be required to make them more independent, though. I am thankful we have any bots at allBig Grin. They make for good stress relief when you just want to smash something in a 5 on 1 game :roll: .

they are completely independent, however, they are scripted the exact same way, all bots... the only way to get them apart would be the bots reacting extremely on the other players positions, but as you are in a battle nearly always in BT, its hard to combin macro and micro management

things which could be changed and improve the bots:
-> when they detect the possibility to teleport to a CP to defend it, they should do nothing, just waiting... then, if any player teleports to that CP, they follow (bots can react insanely fastWink ). and if noone does, then they will teleport all together at the 6 second mark for example, enough time to fight, and at least all bots will attack together
-> maybe the normal fight system could be re-activated when a bot reaches the CP, because the healing stays some time after leaving the factory, and in that time the bot can already detect its low HP again and move near the factory again
-> bots with bad stats could ignore tanks as targets in the beginning, however that might also bring them into bad situation when they detect the player too late
-> bots could be improved to use mines (just lay them everywhere as soon as the cooldown is ready, at least that would not make -lai for mines useless), and to use teleporters, which could be extremely useful for bots, as they can "click" very fast, and can then retreat much easier, they could also react to a skill being casted on them, getting out of range with a teleporter easily and ignoring the damage and stun that would normally be dealt by the heli / light tank rocket for example
i'd like that bot improvements!
but who will do this?
i don't know anything about scripts and stuff, so i have no idea how much work this is.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Defender XP Advantage horselance 7 3,055 2008-12-29, 16:28:44
Last Post: koshen