Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory Balance Thread
omg, please don't nerf the factories, they're perfect already i.m.o.

morkadar with all due respect i think you missed some crucial negative elements of getting a factory.

1. A factory cost 3500 gold so if you get one you're gonna have a weaker tank than if you improved your tank's fighting abilities.
2. A factory is an extra stationary week point in your camp. It will need to be defended and can be exploited by the enemy especially by flying tanks like sky tank.
3. A factory gives gold and experience to the enemy if it's destroyed.

tinker just sux after 15 minutes so if some one's going to keep one and get factories then that shouldn't be too hard to counter.
However, ya, if a trader or exploder gets factories then it can be very hard to counter. My best suggestions would be to either dissable trader and exploder at the start of the game if you don't like that or else get your own trader and/or exploder to counter theirs. The best combo in my opinion though is ghost tank with factories. That's a very strong tactic.

the reason base factories are so hard to take out is because you can't teleport in and they're surronded by towers at the start. But an outside base purchased factory is a very exploitable weakness if you know what you're doing i.m.o. 1 bomb for 1 factory is a great trade off for the guy with the bomb because he only spends 4 k gold but gets the bouty of whatever he kills with the explosion as well as taking away 3.5k gold worth of recource from the enemy. Whenever i can't get to a factory through normal means i look to bombing and/or smoke screen to destroy them and it's pretty fun to kill them.

imagine this scenario, you've got a trader who's gotten 3 factories near the front of your base. They are waaaaay far away from danger because your team controls all 6 control points. you've even got a teleport breaker so that if some one teleports in they get stunned for 2 seconds and that helps prevent a bomb placement as long as you can come kill anyone who teleports in within 4 seconds. Now, i shouldn't be giving away any of my secrets but here's what i do in this situation if i'm a sky tank:

1. I save up 7.3k gold
2. I check to see what if any enemy tanks have radar, and as long as it's none or only 1 i proceed cautiously. I leave 1 to 3 items in my base if i need the item slots and i get smoke screen, a bomb, and 1 teleport breaker at a time when i'm pretty sure no one is watching me like when most of them are healing or buying items after a push.
3. bam! i'm off, as fast as i can i start heading down a lane hoping they think i'm trying to just creep or take a control point and won't notice what i'm up to yet!
4. i wiz by the enemy control points and continue creeping running down the lane as fast as i can... omg, i'm discovered! so i break off and head over trees. As fast as i can i make a mad dash for the factories... omg will i make it?
5. looks like i'm screwed, they're on to me and they're almost in teleport range of me so at the last possible second i put down a teleport breaker and they teleport into it while i keep going! Ha! suckers! That bought me a few more precious seconds to get closer.
6. i'm getting pretty close now so i teleport to a range not too close so i don't get stunned by any possible teleport breakers they've got.
7. I do a final check on the minimap to make sure no enemy with radar can get there in time to detect me and if not I head for the middle of the factories to place the bomb, hitting the smoke screen at the last possible second before i'm dead.
8. as long as there's not an observation ward there I make it in undetected and I place the bomb in the middle of the factories.
9. While the Bomb is counting down i try to get off my two aoe spells and my ultimate on anything i'm worried won't get destroyed by the bomb otherwise.
10. The bomb explodes and if i'm lucky i'll teamkill myself denying my bounty and experience to the enemy team. And hopefully with a little luck and skill all the enemy factories will be destroyed and mybe i'll even get a tower or enemy tank or two and a bunch of creeps.
11. When i respawn I sell my smoke screen and i pick up my 1 to 3 items and that's it! It cost me only 5800 gold to kill about 11k gold worth of stuff minimum plus i've distracted their whole team while they chased me around which allows my teamates to possibly take back a control point.

Edit...

If a team without a trader is dominating you so bad with their awesome factories and their great defense of them then think of how much more they'd probably be dominating you had they gotten 10.5k gold worth of weapons instead! that's just a hair shy of tow extra poison magics they could have gotten to pone you with! Think of how much harder it would be to kill them if they'd gotten 2 gold hulls instead? Or what do you think woulda happened if one of them got a tank that cost 10.5k gold more than the one they already got?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
qweqqweq Wrote:omg, please don't nerf the factories, they're perfect already i.m.o.
My opinion also.

Early on, 3500 is a big amount to pay, a big risk setting you back for the rest of the game. The factory doesn't earn well early game as creeps give less money. Since factories have to be outside of the base, they are easily ambushed by powerful players.

When you put multiple factories near each other, someone can teleport in with a nuke and they're gone.

I'll upload a game i played last night where factories were extensively used.

EDIT: Well i have no replay because i turned off the banlist (it was an organised pro game, no leavers).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,255 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Factory limit Max 4 3,526 2014-01-23, 13:02:29
Last Post: eSVau
  Further balance suggestions RaptorXI 9 7,460 2013-08-14, 01:59:20
Last Post: Exodus
  Mortal team balance daminator3 11 9,089 2012-12-01, 19:18:59
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  ELO calculating in team balance progg 49 32,502 2012-04-26, 21:13:45
Last Post: RaptorXI