Poll: I can imagine this weapon to have ground only mode
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Machine Gun
33.33%
3 33.33%
Basic Cannon
11.11%
1 11.11%
Plasma Gun
0%
0 0%
Molotov Cocktail
55.56%
5 55.56%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 More alternative ground weapon at start?
There is only 1 ground only weapon in the game, while there is 2 air only weapons. (AA Guns and bombs not included, cuz they are hero only weapons)

The other air only weapon is at a cheap price class - Grenade Launcher

There is 1 of 4 weapons which I can imagine could fit this role:
  • Machine Gun -> Ground Only
  • Basic Cannon -> Ground Only
  • Plasma Gun -> Ground Only
  • Molotov Cocktail -> Ground Only

I think maybe, the machine gun could fit this role best, since it has a pretty crappy upgrade (only 500). This weapon can be sacrificed for that role. It's still a good and flexible weapon with ground only mode. It would still be very useful in it's normal mode. What do you think?

Secondary molotov cocktail could also fit this role well, since it cost almost the same as grenade launcher, but personally i think machine gun fits best.
Pls no molotov cocktail.
Its the only ranged weapon possible for antigrav
Same for Plasma, very important for heli
Captain-Iglu wo bist du^^
Well, I also think Machine gun is the maximum, because molotov is for antigrav starting. Basiccannon short range start for lo.Tank or heli
L.Plasma and Basic Cannon are the usual start weapons possible for heli.

The machine gun is not good usable for starting, even with scout I think its a bad start. So making it ground could be good. Maybe it makes it even better than now ^^.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I also thinks that machine gun could fit best for such role. Also it does only have 500 cost gold upgrade, so it wouldn't lose so much if it's changed to ground only weapon.

But I wonder if exo like this idea?
In this case it doesn't matter what I think, you'll just have to decide yourself what you think fits best. When you decided for a specific weapon change, I'll do it.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Quote:while there is 2 air only weapons
At first I want to know about which weapons you talk
Grenade Launcher and ??? what else ???
btw. GL isn't an Air-Only Weapon... you can change between (Normal) and (Air Only)

Third why you want one? because you found not many bugs in the version or you are a perfectionist because there are 2 only-air-weapons and 1 only-ground-weapon
Is it unbalanced in your opinion?
You can imagine of ''1 More alternive ground weapon at start?'' but in my opinion there is no need for a second only-ground-weapon and I think there are other one who got the same opinion

VanHelsing222
I think we suppose so much not for balancing in this point, but to make more strategics possible.

If you have a game which is balanced, but only uses 3 strategies it wouldnt last long with a good community to suggest new ideas and strategies ^^. We just want to suggest litle thinks, who could add mor fun (or lets say more fun in playing the same game more often, not seeing 5 demons every game :wink: ) and not destroy existing balancing Smile .

The suggestion is like you said somehow. Machinegun could be normal or changed to ground only)

(pls if you ask back, I am away for 1 week, so I cannot answer Van Helsing :| )
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
is it me or does ground only on a 750 range early weapon weapon sound imba? You'd have to do on the molotov not the machine gun. Otherwise i'll get the machine gun and run over a cp with either a small hull or a ttank once the tower is down.
In fact ground only weapons ignore towers and hit the tanks instead.

Also I like molotov cocktail, also it cost almost the same as grenade launcher. But there is more votes on machine gun so far...
TKF Wrote:In fact ground only weapons ignore towers and hit the tanks instead.
I know... but after i take down the tower and flip it to ground only... how are u going to stop me? I've done the same with 2 grenade launchers vs air.
if you want more fun take tanks from the insane mod like arti tank or sth else or weapons from older maps but like the confusio magic is like now this could be the second ground weapon, only a bit changes and it would be n1
All tanks on insane has been reviewed, and rejected. Bob666 has tried it a long time ago, thus nothing new has come from it since he didn't find anything extraordinary. Not sure if exo have tried it, but if he does, it will pollute his mind and it's not good as he is the current BT mapper.

but BT insane is shait! I haven't edited it for 4 months and the systems are shit.
I preffer Basic Cannon to be ground only, if there should be a starting ground only weapon... And I dont think there needs to be an extra ground only weapon...
Trolololo
I didn't pick basic cannon cuz it's one of Exodus favourite weapons. He won't change that weapon. I only picked those weapons which he probably could accept as a possible ground weapon.
Would be nice to have an option to vote
None: keep the current weapons as they are.

That way you can also get a feeling of how many people don't like the idea at all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,767 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  New 900-1000 weapon for 1100 gozo1985 11 10,210 2014-01-05, 16:05:43
Last Post: psycodiver
  Weapon suggestion BENNIE.FM 4 5,496 2013-09-04, 15:21:00
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Start ELO at 1450 GEN_Schwarzkopf 5 6,420 2013-05-25, 23:50:47
Last Post: GEN_Schwarzkopf
  Add Weapon Upgrade requirements to the top 10 highest tier weapons Vitriol 11 12,138 2013-04-25, 18:47:42
Last Post: RaptorXI