Poll: What additional ability should the hyperspace breaker have?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repel enemies 1500 range from the hyperspace breaker (Push them away from the ward)
55.56%
5 55.56%
Relocate the teleporting enemies to the hyperspace breaker (Move them to ward)
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Crapness of hyperspacebreaker
Quote: Bob666 said:
disabling it for CP-teleports is the best imo, too...

if nobody votes against it here, i will change it

I for one would vote against disabling it against cp teleports.

The breaker now allows you to get those vital 2-3 seconds to finish capturing a cp when they teleport in.
Of course right now the effect is a little bit undercosted, but since not many people use them i see no problem with that.

Quote: Batto said:
Yes, i vote 'PRO-no-cp-breaker' then too

That makes no sense, only the pros ever use the breakers, and they get the most use from control points. Removing the cp would leave you with base and player factories only, making them almost useless.

I was the player who reported the breaker abuse stuck bug (which has since been fixed. Thanks)
GooglyBoogly Wrote:The breaker now allows you to get those vital 2-3 seconds to finish capturing a cp when they teleport in.

the breaker may give you 2-3 seconds if your opponents use air tanks only. against ground tanks, it may give ~8-15 vital seconds. (stunnings and he will be teleported behind cliffs, so he must drive around them).

thats just lol.
Maybe there can be 2 usages for the breaker, with each their own range and stun. I mean, suppose someone tps with item, then teleport breaker would have the same effect as it is now. But when someone does a factory tp, the effect is reduced to a smaller range and less/no stun.

I just like to see the tp breaker have a little effect on cps, if only to be able to counter the exploder who defends all cps while the others attack and so on.

But its not that necesarrily. (lol, how is it written again?Tongue)
Do you live in the past, guys? You can't use TB against CP's anymore...
changelogs 8.34 Wrote:Teleport Breakers do not affect CP-Teleporters
Then what is the point of the hyperspace breaker? It's main function has been removed, might as well remove it entirely.
Not its main function, its still nice to use against exploders.

Quote:changelogs 8.34 wrote:
Teleport Breakers do not affect CP-Teleporters
@tkf: we can still discuss if that was a good thing to do, cant we?
I know i am just stirring the pot here :roll: , but I still think the Hyperspacebreaker should be modified to include all tank forms of teleporting.
As it stands now it works for all forms, but the Infernal's Teleport (as for as i have seen) :x . The Infernal, as most people know, is a game ender tank, thus this small modification would make it slightly more useful at the endgame. I think the breaker as is, works well and can be a useful tool in the right hands. However, to allow the Infernal to side step this is just adding to the overpowered nature of the Infernal. :|