Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mana flags.
I don't have trouble keeping my HP up. It's my mana. My mana suffers to the point where people think I'm camping at base or being selfish by taking healers when I'm full HP. There should be a expendable item (like teleport breaker) that you can place down anywhere on the map for a duration of time. It would be great for tanks like Guard that depend on mana.
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
you may obtain a battery, it costs 400g and provides 10 mana with each purchased one. it stays when you change a tank and doesn't need any inventory slot. ( powerup item )
atm there are no plans to introduce mana recovery items, as mana shouldn't be spammed ( and thus tank skills ).
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Saiyuki Wrote:you may obtain a battery, it costs 400g and provides 10 mana with each purchased one. it stays when you change a tank and doesn't need any inventory slot. ( powerup item )
atm there are no plans to introduce mana recovery items, as mana shouldn't be spammed ( and thus tank skills ).

Like I don't know about batteries. :roll:
I was asking for a way to increase mana recovery rate. But if there are no plans to introduce mana recovery, then fair enough. I'll just stick to factories.
---
Few years ago there was a mana recovery item and it was imbaTongue
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Healing up a tank needs time, but whoever played a (late) game with 10 tanks having maximum mana knows how annoying it is to wait until it is ready again to fight again. And to use all active abilities + items which consume mana.
At the moment there is only aura that "regenerates 5 mana per second" (http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1960), but there are two to regenerate life.
I suggest adding a fourth one to regenrate mana percentagely: 5% per second.
RaptorXI Wrote:Healing up a tank needs time, but whoever played a (late) game with 10 tanks having maximum mana knows how annoying it is to wait until it is ready again to fight again. And to use all active abilities + items which consume mana.
At the moment there is only aura that "regenerates 5 mana per second" (http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1960), but there are two to regenerate life.
I suggest adding a fourth one to regenrate mana percentagely: 5% per second.
this would only result in more effective camping than before.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
But the glow has been added.
It would be nice to have a way to increase mana regeneration - through mana flags/wards or some buy able like batteries. Waiting around to get full mana with a titan takes excruciatingly long - it shouldn't have to. Sitting idle at my CP for mana rather than attacking or moving to confront the enemy isn't a fun part of the game... And if anything, it promotes camping and defending.

Though I'm against adding another factory aura/buff. Tacking them onto factories will make long games even harder to finish. The glow helps balance out the advantage defenders get for turtling and CP camping - there's no reason to add features to tip the balance back to favor defending.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
And healing life faster than mana does not promote camping?
the main damage, or the most focused damage on players are dealt be using skills. so yes, you may be able to win a cp over if the defender has no mana or simply not enough stored to deal enough damage to force the attackers back.
eSVau Wrote:Few years ago there was a mana recovery item and it was imbaTongue

That must have been before 8.15. Because I don't know about it.
---
RaptorXI Wrote:And healing life faster than mana does not promote camping?

Any aura/heal/buff you throw on a factory will promote camping. So yes, the higher healing rate does promote camping. Even more so that the end-game requires tanks to sit around idly to regenerate mana.

But - the general consensus is that camping is too powerful and attackers don't get much of an edge to compensate. It would be better to have the aura tacked onto an item attackers can use or for tanks to have a higher natural mana regeneration rate than to promote camping even further by buffing factory auras.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
Since you don't have as much mana, as you have hitpoints it's not necessary to add another aura to the factories.

jonjon Wrote:
eSVau Wrote:Few years ago there was a mana recovery item and it was imbaTongue

That must have been before 8.15. Because I don't know about it.
The Ultimate Pack used to regenerate mana. But it was kinda too much for just one item, so this was removed.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in adding an item/ability which regenerates mana. I don't see how this would promote camping, as you can use this offensivly as well (and you already have mana regen while defending - thanks to all the factories). The only problem I see, is to find an item which is worth adding a mana regeneration bonus. You need mana especially in the end, where you also need every single slot of your inventory. I can't imagine someone sacrificing one item slot (-> fire power) just for more mana regeneration alone.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Still life and mana could be healed equally.
maybe make it an item that has a castable ability. you cast a temporary improved mana regen rate on an ally tank or yourself? or play around with the power pack. see if you can fit it in there or maybe a recipe that requires the strength pack and an item them by itself just gives mana regen.
Maybe make the Tanks own mana regeneration percentual. That way buying extra mana gives you also a slightly faster mana regeneration, which allows you to stay in battle longer.
Wehr Rächtschreibfeler findet darf sie behallten.

Join a BT Clan!! NOW!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Faster mana regen and Sky Forts beeing stunned issue progg 3 3,275 2012-08-16, 01:23:13
Last Post: RaptorXI
  architect splash cannon mana... gozo1985 5 4,240 2012-05-14, 15:36:59
Last Post: Teo_live
  Mana tank koshen 3 2,528 2009-03-02, 12:42:45
Last Post: horselance
  How about Mana Burn? Vomitus 7 5,009 2008-05-30, 16:09:30
Last Post: kittyonmyfoot