Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocket Towers are too weak?
Hello. We've always known that rocket towers are pretty bad compared to the others. However, in the early game it is the only form of defense. With the recent armor and attack type changes, rocket towers suck even more. They do a lot less damage to creeps and heroes, making it very easy for them to kill it. Before, rocket towers decimated groups of creeps with splash. Now, a group of creeps can easily whittle down a tower's health without taking much damage at all. Rocket towers are also terrible at killing heroes. You used to actually try to avoid being shot, now that they only do 85% damage you can just charge right into them. This may be different since all I can find is HB (Damn Azeroth) but you cannot deny that rocket towers have gotten weaker these past patches.

Also, anyone find it strange that it doesn't fire rockets?
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
I would rather increase range of rocket tower :p
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
It does cost only 1000 gold, it's more than good enough. I'm not against the suggestion of making it do slightly more damage vs creep armor. But not 100%.

Although laser tower sucks very hard against heavy tank armor skill, rocket tower does high damage, low cooldown.

Rocket Tower have a 55%+ damage modifier if you compare to weapons in non-upgraded state, but the rocket tower can be destroyed. In addition it does splash damage. The siege damage does less vs creeps as well.

The laser tower does 400dps and damage being reduced by armor values. It has about 200%+ damage modifier if you compare with weapons in non-upgraded state. But no splash damage. Chaos Does full damage against all armor types.

Unlike weapons towers gets stronger during the game.
I think Tower's damage is reduced vs creeps. Thats why they suck vs a bunch of creeps. And i think in older versions creeps could never or very hardly could destroy a lane cp tower if there is no tank from the beginning of game.. But now they can destroy towers in a very short time.
This reminds me Dota. When i first played dota, i thought its so imba because creeps are not balanced in a way. Strangely they stack up and destroy towers and come in a horde in a minute.. Now it is same for BT. I saw creeps come in a horde while there is no interferance by tanks.
I think towers (not only rocket) must deal some more damage. This percentage must be tested before apply..
Trolololo
TKF Wrote:It does cost only 1000 gold, it's more than good enough. I'm not against the suggestion of making it do slightly more damage vs creep armor. But not 100%.

Although laser tower sucks very hard against heavy tank armor skill, rocket tower does high damage, low cooldown.

Rocket Tower have a 55%+ damage modifier if you compare to weapons in non-upgraded state, but the rocket tower can be destroyed. In addition it does splash damage. The siege damage does less vs creeps as well.

The laser tower does 400dps and damage being reduced by armor values. It has about 200%+ damage modifier if you compare with weapons in non-upgraded state. But no splash damage. Chaos Does full damage against all armor types.

Unlike weapons towers gets stronger during the game.

Rocket Towers suck ass and are not worth the 1000 gold. The only reason they are even in the game is because the cp's and bases spawn with them. Saying any tower is at least decent against heavy tank is pointless, it can just snipe them with mortars. Also, since patch 8.58 laser towers have a small splash and surprisingly enough, rocket towers got a 25% boost which in fact did nothing for them now.

Obviously, weapons don't get any stronger. I'm not sure if you noticed, but the towers are fighting tanks and not weapons.
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
Quote:The only reason they are even in the game is because the cp's and bases spawn with them

It's also funny to get them when the opposing team is all long ranged, since they cannot attack it.

They can also be a cheaper alternative to lazers, when you have to have a tower to cover the trader at the start of the game.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Make base towers replaceable again. Erwin_Rommel 17 9,209 2010-05-01, 13:54:12
Last Post: Althend
  Imbalance due changed base towers (v8.67) Belshamaroth 13 7,329 2010-03-05, 16:55:36
Last Post: ArGoLi
  I think the to towers at base are to weak ! BENNIE.FM 31 17,233 2010-03-04, 22:45:56
Last Post: Paladon
  Infernal is too weak Lezowski 21 12,791 2009-11-26, 22:50:49
Last Post: Vomitus
  [8.53]Goblin Tank too weak? Prog 26 12,563 2008-10-15, 03:19:34
Last Post: TKF