Poll: like the idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
37.50%
6 37.50%
no
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon with range 1111
i just think it would be neat to have a weapon with a range of 1111. maybe have it cost 11,111
Not funny... Realy... Laser Tower have range 1050. 1111 is unbalanced imba. Better change dead magic Big Grin
I'm not sure if the game was designed to have a tower counter that aren't mortar teams.
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
As long as it cannot hit buildings, sure.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
It can be a shorter long range. Why not.. Wont hit buildings for sure.
Trolololo
I like the idea and it should be units only, the poster probably forgot to mention that fact.

On a side note, I see that any new idea is bashed even if it has some potential, some of you guys should be more open minded.
Kesarion Wrote:I like the idea and it should be units only, the poster probably forgot to mention that fact.

On a side note, I see that any new idea is bashed even if it has some potential, some of you guys should be more open minded.

We can't tell potential if not much thought has been put into it. The idea that TC posted was flawed, a weapon that can outrange towers. We couldn't exactly tell if he forgot to mention it and his main reasoning behind the weapon is a number gimmick.

Here is an example of a successful weapon suggestion. http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2056
It was reasonable, filled a niche, and half of the work was already done. You can't be guaranteed that it will be the exact same as you imagined it, but we can work with your idea to make it better.
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
The idea can be expanded on in many ways, he obviously was just suggesting it because of the numbers. But you can't beat someone down because he suggested something.

Instead of bashing how about coming up with constructive ideas as to how it could work or what doesn't work and what should be changed if it's the case. I personally think that giving a thumbs up and encouraging a potentially good idea gives the poster some moral boost to continue expanding his unfinished work. I know most of you are kids but show a little supportive spirit, at least in the suggestions forum, it's a nice game, we can make it even better.

Good reply with your idea though, star shooter is a good weapon, quite strong if used wisely. Congrats on that ! :wink:
I don´t think it´s a good idea, we already have range 1050, and if range 1111 come, then why not make a 1222 too? and so on.
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
Exactly, why not create weapons with other unusual range? As long as they cannot hit buildings (if >1050) I see no issues.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
1111 will lead to weapon formular balancing problems, because the 61 extra range vs p.e. Electro Cannon is nothing comparing to the disadvantage of not being able to attack buildings.
sorry to bring this back from the dead sorta, but yes i implied that this would not hit buildings. not being able to hit buildings can be an advantage since you hit players more while they are camping a base. 1300 range weapons use the same weapons formula as other weapons without any modifier for not being able to hit buildings. my main ideas for this range, other than the number pattern, is that it is manageable to hold range against a 950 or 1000 range weapons. a 1050 range weapon is very hard to range against a 950-1000 range weapon.
Yes but this way it can't work with the price you suggested, I think it's better as a start/mid-game weapon, that way we have a greater variety in tactics.
Usually people don't buy weapons priced 10-15K because at that particular moment it's probably too late or, if they are doing well, they just save up for something better, not to mention the fact that weapons with range over 1000 are very ineffective after mid-game when this weapon would be used.

I still want to see such a weapon in the game, if someone has the imagination, please try :wink:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,248 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  New 900-1000 weapon for 1100 gozo1985 11 9,551 2014-01-05, 16:05:43
Last Post: psycodiver
  Weapon suggestion BENNIE.FM 4 4,962 2013-09-04, 15:21:00
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Add Weapon Upgrade requirements to the top 10 highest tier weapons Vitriol 11 11,224 2013-04-25, 18:47:42
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Early Game Short Range UnifiedDoom 11 11,395 2013-02-21, 11:57:32
Last Post: BENNIE.FM