Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Drone / Upgrade, Item
A Battle drone would be nice. How does it works:

First, you need to buy it, as an item or an upgrade then a drone ( flying thing ) appears over your tank, the drone flyies around your tank then.
So yet you can give one weapon to it. Later you can improve the drone to carry more items, or increases the drones hp.
And you can research auras for the drone.

When the drone dies, it will respawn after servall seconds...

cedi
I definitly like this idea. Reminds of the battle drones for the paladin tanks in C & C Generals.Big Grin
Is SC2 - Battle Tanks out yet?
I would like it with not too much stuffSmile - like Auras and so on - and if it is limited to only one Drone/Player maximum.

Because I dont want to see players put several Energy torpedos in 6 drones or soWink
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I think drone must carry a specific weapon. So you cannot give it any weapon. It does an onboard damage like Tank Cannon. Also it can be invulnerable or have a relative hp. But if it has a hp, it will either take too much damage to be too useful or will die easily which wont be any use. I think making it invulnerable is better.
Hmm maybe it can carry 1 or 2 slots for only some specific items like detector, tp breaker or autorepair (if it will have hp) etc..
Trolololo
I'd like an drone which can do something. So not only carrying.

I think the first drone level can have one slot, and x% of the tanks hp.

Then you can upgrade the drone, increase the inventory size, reduce the revive time or add a spell like a spell shield ( only selftarget ).
Or we make two different drone, one is magic immune, called carry drone. Can't carry weapons, but it has more slots.

cedi
sounds like an interesting idea. But there are many, many ways for it to go wrong if not coded properly.

Off the top of my head: Trader drone being able to use weapons. Drone not keeping up with tank movement. Drone not being disabled by ant-grav ult. The drone would also need to give a bounty of some sort. It could be an issue that the drone is too easy/hard to target. If the size is too large it will make it difficult to target the tank with spells, but if it is too small you won't be able to target the drone with spells either. Would the drone be able to use items? Having double-activations of adv-troop command/orbital strike/mines could be pretty brutal.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
here is my suggestion for it. make it a battle version of the tech mech. have it flying and instead of repair ability it has a cannon. it would get stronger with creep upgrades but be much stronger than a normal creep. if it has slots then they should be inactive like the ones on the tech mech. if you want it to respawn then it needs to be more expensive and you should be able to pay to upgrade its cannon (have an ability on the drone that costs gold) and only allow one per player. otherwise if you just buy and replace it like a techmech then the cannon should just be normal and not specifically upgrade able
This makes me think of a something below your idea, a 'pet' for tanks. This pet canot be controlled, it floats above your tank but it can be modified to do different things such as [combat]. Perhaps when you upgrade to battle drone, it changes to a unit that you can buy a weapon for BUT currently, shops do not have the patron selection button so you cant choose the drone to buy a weapon, only your main tank.

So instead of just a battle drone, tanks could have many (or few) other types of drones. For starters, you would create only one (exo) but if you decide to add more due to popularity or some other reason, you will have a good place to build more from, instead of working backwards from battle drone or starting from scratch.

As for battle drone (love the idea)
- upgrade drone to allow it to hold more expensive weapons
- add a drone controller menu button to the tank (if possible) - a button you press to show more buttons, like choosing abilities
- instead of placing weapons, let it have its own 'tank' cannon that you can upgrade/modify at a special drone shop

etc

very much like the idea, reminds me of MG mod orbs or whatever they are called
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle Tanks Open Source - v8.63 Exodus 0 4,071 2014-04-21, 12:25:17
Last Post: Exodus
Rainbow Backpack item? gozo1985 4 4,556 2014-01-12, 02:52:21
Last Post: BtankNoob
  New item idea: Titanium Hull psycodiver 8 6,614 2014-01-12, 02:49:37
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Add Weapon Upgrade requirements to the top 10 highest tier weapons Vitriol 11 11,234 2013-04-25, 18:47:42
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Item Buy Hotkeys Exodus 8 8,157 2012-11-30, 12:58:40
Last Post: AeroniumX