Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Tanks 8.54b
Hi,
this one took a little bit longer than usual, because of my limited free time, but I hope you enjoy the new version.

Update
Rune Carving is still not working perfectly, but it shouldn't be abusable at least.

v 8.54b
  • Fixed some Hunter-related bugs, including the crash bug
  • Fixed an abusable Rune Carving (Scout) bug

v 8.54
  • New tank: Hunter
  • New blue print: Strength Pack
  • Removed the GiveUp-dialog and added a chat-command instead
  • Improved the kick-command a little bit
  • Reduced cooldown, mana cost of Jet Wave (Demolisher) and sligthly increased the area
  • Banish (Demon Tank) is now stronger and against air only
  • When using Thunder Hammer (Goblin Tank) the Goblin now also accelerates
  • Increased the hitpoints of the Goblin Tank by 500
  • Adjusted Soul Transfer (Ghost Tank), it now also has a slow
  • Replaced the Hunter-creep (Troop Command Center) with a new one
  • Runes created with Rune Carving (Scout) are now already manipulated
  • New Rune Carving icon
  • Reduced the requirements for blue prints
  • Frost Robot no longer has requirements in the standard settings
  • Detector now lasts longer (3 min -> 5 min)
  • Factory at Trade Master is now more expensive
  • Added and improved some tips
  • Added a hotkey for 'Random Tank'
  • Slightly improved pathfinding for building Factories in your base
  • AI isn't able to spot invisible units anymore
  • You can now leave a league game in the first 3 minutes without voting by entering -abortleague
  • Fixed a lot of potential stuck places by using teleport breaker
  • Fixed the magic reduction of Goblin Turbo (Goblin tanks)
  • Fixed a graphical bug of Dust Wave (Earth Robot) when he died before finishing the ability
  • Fixed some potential critical bugs by entering a league game before the mode has been choosen
  • Fixed the AfkAI from not working anymore after it died
  • Fixed a bug which caused the AI to get more skill points in the rush modes
  • Fixed Burning Oil (Demolisher) from sometimes not working
  • Fixed some minor bugs
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
CoolSmile
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
You forgot to fix the rune carving bug. (If you cancel the action, the rune still appears)
You are right, I just saw it when uploading the new version. Well, this happens when bugs are reported in the announcement thread, instead of the bug section.
I LOVE The new tank. Heres a few things though

All his spells damage teammates and himself.
WAYYY unbalanced on hb

As for the version, I'm not sure if this is a bug with this new version or just the internet itself, but I was playing a game (my first with .54) and randomly it server split. Not only that, but it totally shut down warcraft...

Not sure if the game is to blame or the version...
italyrools Wrote:As for the version, I'm not sure if this is a bug with this new version or just the internet itself, but I was playing a game (my first with .54) and randomly it server split. Not only that, but it totally shut down warcraft...

Not sure if the game is to blame or the version...

i actually just had the exact same thing happen. i was only the 2nd game of 8.54 that i've hosted.

everything was fine...until warcraft3 totally exited out; no crash, bug or any warning. wasn't doing a spell or anything.

my friend that was in the game with me as the same time had the same thing happen.

i figured it was a bug in the map since my friend and i had the exact same thing happen at the same time.
played my first game of .54 just now and same thing happend. war3 just dissappeared sometime after the 20 or 30 minute mark. there was a hunter in it and the noob started a custome game at 5k. gay.

also do non force troops now give higher bounty? i was playing an hb game and i could swear that the player troops generated from player built factories gave as much gold as regular troops.
Player built factories should give the same gold. Its the item troop command that doesn't give alot of gold per kill.
the crash just happened again. 53 mins into the game. completely exited the game. this is really annoying. 2 of my 5 games on 8.54 now have crashed now this. gonna go back to 8.53B for now until it's fixed.
I hope everything is now working as it should. Sorry for the trouble caused.
Exodus Wrote:I hope everything is now working as it should. Sorry for the trouble caused.

there is nothing to exuce
thx for the new version ;-)

but next to the new tanks some more weapons would be nice especially in the area of 10-30k
thanks for the patch exo. just played it once so far with no problems.
Good version, really nice work, Good job Exodus Big Grin

Except.... The Hunter tank has not a single skill which can be clicked at a unit, all are large click area's... I don"t know or so, but maybe change the (Q) skill to target a unit? And put the range in the description, cuz it's really annoying, i get the feeling its like a demolisher but bigger and other skills...

It's just a remark, for the rest all is fine, what do u think of this?
xXxPownedxXx Wrote:[...]
Except.... The Hunter tank has not a single skill which can be clicked at a unit, all are large click area's... I don"t know or so, but maybe change the (Q) skill to target a unit?
[...]
It's just a remark, for the rest all is fine, what do u think of this?

This is part of the concept of this tank and I really like it.
If people don't have to aim, and evaluate the max distance in roder to get the max damage; it would be to easy and the skill would be imba ^^
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
If you have more than 0.5 sec delay, never buy Hunter or you will be oversupressed. Because all abilities require aiming.
Trolololo
I just hosted a game of 8.54b, with -lai acticated. After some time all players on the other team were AI (due to leavers). After 50 minutes and 45 seconds the game just quit :S
I'm not sure what happened just in that moment..

edit: I like the Hunter tankBig Grin
iver56 Wrote:I just hosted a game of 8.54b, with -lai acticated. After some time all players on the other team were AI (due to leavers). After 50 minutes and 45 seconds the game just quit :S
I'm not sure what happened just in that moment..

edit: I like the Hunter tankBig Grin

its the AI bug i think
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle Tanks 8.80c Exodus 21 22,267 2015-08-09, 21:11:11
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Battle Tanks 8.63 Hacked and Mangled Mod by NarFlux Exodus 2 4,749 2014-04-22, 13:42:22
Last Post: omefisto
  New Battle Tanks Homepage! Exodus 8 11,003 2014-02-23, 18:59:08
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Battle Tanks 8.79d Exodus 10 11,322 2014-01-08, 20:48:46
Last Post: Exodus
  Battle Tanks 8.78b Exodus 11 13,032 2013-05-05, 11:52:52
Last Post: Exodus