Poll: Should this Pilot unit be implemented?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'd prefer another solution ... (describe it in your post)
8.33%
1 8.33%
No
16.67%
2 16.67%
Yes
75.00%
9 75.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pilot unit?
psycho_dmr Wrote:not bad, but this is like an intro, and this intro would be there every time for every player, and thats annoying after a few games xD (if not, noob wont use it.... promise)

thats it... like in Halflife... were you cant' stop the Intro..also when you want to play a second time...so, yes it allready annyoing...don't put in something like this..
[Image: dtpc3banner88x31.jpg]
So it's definitive that the pilot will be implemented in the next version?
yes
No Support via PM!!
Incredible!

Now, when this Pilot is implemented I've seen such picture like full-noob was waiting for about 15 minutes trying to understand "How to fight here???". He just stands and stupidly looking on his screen and on the Pilot and each next minute gets him stunned more and more.
I... I just have no words...
And this is not a single occurrence! Most noobz require personal consultation before he gets involved in a game.

Are they just all such idiots or this new approach is a bit "tough" for their young weak minds?
Whatever it is, I think a little reconsideration of this aspect is required.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
There is no difference for a normal player, you just have to buy a tank and a weapon. When he doesn't even know how to do that, he would most likely just run into the enemy and feed them. Personally I dont think that a change is really necessary. Of course there are always such players how don't know anything, but there is nothing you can do about it. I guess preventing them from getting killed over and over again is the better optionWink
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Yeah i noticed this new tendency too! This new pilot confuses the ultra noobs totally and they just stand there and glooms. Then they suddenly discover that they take their leave or suddenly discover that they should buy a tank.

Those wreck my nerves, especially when they whines about they cannot move and can't buy tanks, THEY JUST NEED TO CLICK ON HQ AND BUY A TANK, AND NOT GET STUNNED BY THE PILOTS IMMOBILITY.

solution, add a spellbook feature so they might click on it and a selection of all start tanks there so they might buy a tank (in normal mode 3000 gold). Something a noob tutorial book so might help them get started. Thus this might increase the probability of feeding the enemy.

Also add a warning message that says after 1 min, if the player have no weapons/items in inventory, a map pinging and message "BUY WEAPONS HERE"!
Isnt it a possibility to write somthing for the F9 menu? Because it is like that in many games that commands and other usefull info (ie. explanation for noobs) is there, so maybe they find it there easier...?
Then it must be more difficult to buy a tank then to press F9. Pilot has plenty of info (or useless skills for the non-reading noob that clicks on them in desperation and circle around 24/7 to the tank hall and trader and back to the base and so on, then leaves and curse this map!!!) but I cannot see it's so effective and helpful as it should.
Exodus Wrote:There is no difference for a normal player, you just have to buy a tank and a weapon. When he doesn't even know how to do that, he would most likely just run into the enemy and feed them. Personally I dont think that a change is really necessary. Of course there are always such players how don't know anything, but there is nothing you can do about it. I guess preventing them from getting killed over and over again is the better optionWink
The decision is clear: if a player starts to play, buys tank and weapon and after 30 minutes of the game still acts as a complete noob - he gets ban.
But if a player just hasn't realized what is happening in the beginning we cannot make decision of his capabilities. There many players who don't like to READ, they want to PLAY. I saw many players who learned to play by hit-and-miss method. And it is also effective. But when you are locked in the beginning with Pilots immobility — this makes them bored and they eventually leave. Those who overtakes an idea of buying a tank after 15 minutes are one of two people categories: 1) those who like to read first, think second and act third; 2) those who are just "lost breaks" if you understand what I mean...

As a solution(as TKF noted) make a builtin shop within the Pilot's Control Panel. Place there 'easy' starting presets(like Light Tank + Fireball/Knives OR Heli+plasma/basic magic).
Make an icon very bright. Oh! There is a possibility to make icon framed with moving particles(like autocasting button animation) or even make whole button animated. This should attract noob's attention to this button and eventually he would make the right choice. Also add a tip there that other tanks can be bought at HQ.

[Observation::Edit]
btw, my only vote resides for custom choice. That's it.Smile

2moder: plz, del my doublepost since I cannot do that. It's a terrible occasion.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
Vomitus Wrote:As a solution(as TKF noted) make a builtin shop within the Pilot's Control Panel. Place there 'easy' starting presets(like Light Tank + Fireball/Knives OR Heli+plasma/basic magic).
Make an icon very bright. Oh! There is a possibility to make icon framed with moving particles(like autocasting button animation) or even make whole button animated. This should attract noob's attention to this button and eventually he would make the right choice. Also add a tip there that other tanks can be bought at HQ.

I agree, make a built in shop so the noobs at least can make decisions of choosing tanks. The pilots teleport ability is a very temping ability that are abused for fun? by the noobs. Also if they misclick in the mini-shop, they get at least something.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  goblin riots should not count toward unit count benben10 7 4,269 2009-04-18, 21:19:28
Last Post: benben10
  The Curse Of Unit Factories GhettoJesus 41 15,173 2007-11-15, 22:29:07
Last Post: TKF