Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League Bots Requirements
As you may noticed the requirements for our league bots (BT-League and BT-League2) has slightly changed.

You still need at least ten games for the ranked bots but the stay requirement has changed. They will only check someone stay percentage of the last 20 games (or less if someone dont have 20 games), this value need to be 80% or better.

If you don't meet the requirement you have to play at our BTL-Qualify-Bot till you meet themBig Grin

edit: due an small error are currently only the last 10 games considered :oops:
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
We've got an "high-ranked-restricted"-botBig Grin

Actually you need to have at least 1515 ELO-Score (remember, points are "ELO minus Penalty). We may change this value - we could make it points-based or rank-based - we need to find good setting to make games fill fast enough.

The Bot will update his white list (players@realm allowed to join) every 30min.

Have FunBig Grin
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
fills up slowSad
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
AGGInator Wrote:fills up slowSad

At first I thought 1515 was a bit too low but when considering there's only about 360 odd players that has access to it, mostly active players but still, getting 10 of those to join a game at the same time seems a bit daunting.

Never thought I would say this but any chance you could lower the requirement to lets say 1505 to create a bit larger pool of players?
Maybe people just havent seen it yet so it might change to the better over the next week or so, we'll see.
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
Equiem Wrote:At first I thought 1515 was a bit too low but when considering there's only about 360 odd players that has access to it, mostly active players but still, getting 10 of those to join a game at the same time seems a bit daunting.

That's not correct. Currently we use ELO, not the points. So there are about 1000-1100 Players who can join.

The question is if we should use elo or points for the limit.

Another question: should we disallow 15xx+ players to join the second bot and only allow them to join the 15xx+ bot?

People join the 1515+ bot and immediately leave because there are no other players...
Velocity2k Wrote:The question is if we should use elo or points for the limit.

I think we should use points but not elo (this is very obvious to me, but i don't know why it is chosen to use elo, which i think is not a wise decision).

The meaning to have points based on elo, is that the points can also evaluate the leaving/dc of a player. This is important that we filter out the players who leave/dc a lot, yet still get elo higher than 1515+.

If a player leaves a game, but his teammate makes a win anyway, the leaver also has the elo increase (but also leaver penalty), am i right? If so, a noob leaver can somehow get enough elo to join 1515+ bot, and ruin games there.

For example, in my first 1515+ game, I and slider in a team vs. mc_ren and another good player. But mc_ren's team has 2 leaver at very early of the game. So it becomes 3v5. And because mc_ren got more golds plus his good skill, and we cannot stop our team from feeding mc, we lost the game without any chance to win.

What i mean is, the leavers can ruin the game. And we should stop them to join 1515+ bot. And the most straightforward way is to use points instead of elo.

And in the league beta page, the points is the default way to rank players, isn't it?

Velocity2k Wrote:Another question: should we disallow 15xx+ players to join the second bot and only allow them to join the 15xx+ bot?

People join the 1515+ bot and immediately leave because there are no other players...

If we ban good players to join low level bots, that will be an even more not wise decision. One of the benefit for good players, is that they can freely enter any bot without limitation. If they want high level game, they go to 1515+ bot, if they want a fast and easy (but risky) game, they go to low level bot.

It is natural for human being, that if you go to somewhere and after that you cannot come back, you will think about whether should I go or not. Similarly to the Btanks league games, some players may feed on purpose to lower down their rank, just because they would hang in low level bot for fast&easy game.

Indeed the 1515+ bot fills slow at this time, yesterday i wait like 1 hour for a game. But i still believe that if give more time that people will slowly get used to always go to the right bot they want. And it will fill faster.
olivercamel Wrote:Indeed the 1515+ bot fills slow at this time, yesterday i wait like 1 hour for a game. But i still believe that if give more time that people will slowly get used to always go to the right bot they want. And it will fill faster.

If we switch to points but keep the 1515 limit there are about 1/3 potential players than we have with the elo. So we would have to lower the limit to for example to 1505 points which will lead to 2/3 of the potential players we currently have.
Velocity2k Wrote:
olivercamel Wrote:Indeed the 1515+ bot fills slow at this time, yesterday i wait like 1 hour for a game. But i still believe that if give more time that people will slowly get used to always go to the right bot they want. And it will fill faster.

If we switch to points but keep the 1515 limit there are about 1/3 potential players than we have with the elo. So we would have to lower the limit to for example to 1505 points which will lead to 2/3 of the potential players we currently have.

If we need to lower down the limit, then just do it. I think the point limit should be set such that about 40% bt league players can join this bot.
@Oliver

No no You lose because of Slider!!!!Big Grin
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:@Oliver

No no You lose because of Slider!!!!Big Grin
typical ^^

to topic:
if you set points i cant play this bot.. so.. idc because i don't use itBig Grin

no idea how to fix my dc probs :'(

is it possible that my router is the problem?.. ist a f***in speedport w503v
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Velocity2k Wrote:
Equiem Wrote:At first I thought 1515 was a bit too low but when considering there's only about 360 odd players that has access to it, mostly active players but still, getting 10 of those to join a game at the same time seems a bit daunting.

That's not correct. Currently we use ELO, not the points. So there are about 1000-1100 Players who can join.

The question is if we should use elo or points for the limit. [...]

So eh, why? Why would you use points instead of ELO? Isnt the whole point of a "high-level" bot to get games where you dont have to deal with frequent leavers and/or bad players? Lower the point requirement and use ELO. Quite simple to me.

olivercamel Wrote:[...]I think we should use points but not elo (this is very obvious to me, but i don't know why it is chosen to use elo, which i think is not a wise decision).

The meaning to have points based on elo, is that the points can also evaluate the leaving/dc of a player. This is important that we filter out the players who leave/dc a lot, yet still get elo higher than 1515+.

If a player leaves a game, but his teammate makes a win anyway, the leaver also has the elo increase (but also leaver penalty), am i right? If so, a noob leaver can somehow get enough elo to join 1515+ bot, and ruin games there.

What i mean is, the leavers can ruin the game. And we should stop them to join 1515+ bot. And the most straightforward way is to use points instead of elo.

And in the league beta page, the points is the default way to rank players, isn't it?

Yes oh yes in so many ways.

I really can't tell what is up with all the fuzzing about with people who ruin games and not getting punished for it. Puzzles me really.
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
Equiem Wrote:So eh, why? Why would you use points instead of ELO? Isnt the whole point of a "high-level" bot to get games where you dont have to deal with frequent leavers and/or bad players? Lower the point requirement and use ELO. Quite simple to me.

If you want to get rid of leavers you have to use points, not ELOWink. Since yesterday we are using points with a limit of 1505.
Velocity2k Wrote:
Equiem Wrote:So eh, why? Why would you use points instead of ELO? Isnt the whole point of a "high-level" bot to get games where you dont have to deal with frequent leavers and/or bad players? Lower the point requirement and use ELO. Quite simple to me.

If you want to get rid of leavers you have to use points, not ELOWink. Since yesterday we are using points with a limit of 1505.

I think I read that sentence like 10 times to get it right and still messed it up. My head isnt really with me today.

Ye, I obviously meant the other way aroundSmile

I have a score over 1505, but I always get insta-kicked when attempting to join the ranking restricted bot. Is there any additional requirements over the %stay and >10 games requirement?
EDIT: Or is it 10 games AFTER the ELO/Ranking system started recording
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LEAGUE galadion1 1 3,124 2017-04-14, 21:24:41
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  bots down galadion1 8 8,063 2016-03-19, 00:46:57
Last Post: galadion1
  Close temporarily qualify bots El_Polacco 45 32,414 2015-05-23, 01:31:07
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  The league is shittier than ever jojoy 6 6,161 2014-12-20, 13:48:30
Last Post: RaptorXI
  League: Please cap max penalty at 7 RAF_Fenix 5 5,549 2014-12-15, 05:19:04