Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more Bombs in own base - why?
Hello,

May I know why you made it impossible to place a bomb in the own base in the new version? I hope it's not "because some noobs always bomb their own base" - because many times bombs in the own base are really great, if you need to bomb out the enemy which has put facs into your base. But that's impossible now. And before you start argumenting "but you can still put those bombs behind them" - try that when the enemy has 3 facs in your base right at the center entrance. It's impossible if you aren't trader and using your invul skil or something along that line.

This may totally sound like some jerking off at you, but I just wanna know if there is any other reason than the one I stated, because I really think (& hope) I missed something along the line.

Sorry if what i wrote feels unfriendly, it isn't intended that way, but I may just not be well versed enough in the english language to say it in a friendlier way.

Cheers.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
The reason are those "noobs who always bomb their own base".

Until now we didn't find a really good solution for when bombs should be allowed. If we find a fitting solution we will implement it.

For now we just wanted to stop those idiots from bombing their own base and destroying games.
Maybe add a switch-trigger?

If the opponent controls no building in the force base the trigger prevents bomb placement. If the opponent control at least one building, the trigger is turned off.

Personally, I'd rather have an idiot bomb my own base than be unable to defend. There have been a handful of times when I was able to save my team from losing by CP/Bomb Dropping on 2-3 factory sitting in my base. It's an excellent way to push the enemy out of your base when you don't quite have the equipment/tank/abilities to do it by shear force.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
Or just make bomb able to damage enemies only when set in base? :p
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Bah - no fun that way... Then there's absolutely no chance to get the ever so coveted x10 multi/teamkill/suicide explosion.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
Is it possible to set the own buildings (fac and tower) immune from the bombs planted by own team? So the bombs can damage all the tanks and only enemy buildings, anytime and anywhere.

I don't see when there is a need to bomb own buildings.
olivercamel Wrote:Is it possible to set the own buildings (fac and tower) immune from the bombs planted by own team? So the bombs can damage all the tanks and only enemy buildings, anytime and anywhere.

Well there's a smart idea.
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
oh bummer... there's go my fun of suiciding own base when i'm pissed :twisted: :lol:
Don't fret man, buy heavy mines and blow them up by your facts using a remote fuse... Bonus ban points if you buy explosives and stand on top the mines so you self-destruct/explode into your allies crowding around to heal.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
olivercamel Wrote:Is it possible to set the own buildings (fac and tower) immune from the bombs planted by own team? So the bombs can damage all the tanks and only enemy buildings, anytime and anywhere.

To complete my idea:

Only the initial 6 factories in the base and initial 2 guard towers next to the headquarter should be bomb-free from the bombs planted by own team.

For the other towers, rebuilded towers, manually builded factors, they can be damaged by any bomb.

This is harder to design cuz it is needed to set the attributes for each building, but i think in this way it is best balanced. You can still enjoy using the bombs as before, and maximumly avoided "noob bomb base".
I was also shocked as I saw this in the beta of 8.68 but the only answer I was given was "use mortar teams instead" wich is quite useless in this situation. I think the best way would be to only allow bombs in own base if there is a factory of the enemy inside. I don't like the idea of making the own buildings invulnerable to bombs. A bomb is meant to be a big boom wich damages everything around it.
ssl Wrote:I was also shocked as I saw this in the beta of 8.68 but the only answer I was given was "use mortar teams instead" wich is quite useless in this situation. I think the best way would be to only allow bombs in own base if there is a factory of the enemy inside. I don't like the idea of making the own buildings invulnerable to bombs. A bomb is meant to be a big boom wich damages everything around it.

i like this idea
I also agree with the switch.
Bombing enemys facs schould be possible
Wehr Rächtschreibfeler findet darf sie behallten.

Join a BT Clan!! NOW!!!
Alright, i guess we will allow bombs in case there is an enemied factory in a team's base area.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Very nice! Glad to hear that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bomb our own base kingnounours 12 5,958 2010-11-20, 18:13:30
Last Post: AGGInator
  Hail of bombs imbalanced griffin1987 49 25,130 2010-10-05, 16:19:11
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
  Make base towers replaceable again. Erwin_Rommel 17 9,207 2010-05-01, 13:54:12
Last Post: Althend
  shopping in the enemy base winzip_ 10 5,082 2010-03-14, 22:58:48
Last Post: VuDu
  Imbalance due changed base towers (v8.67) Belshamaroth 13 7,326 2010-03-05, 16:55:36
Last Post: ArGoLi