Poll: should they make the old 5k hb the new normal mode?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
23.53%
8 23.53%
no
64.71%
22 64.71%
maybe
0%
0 0%
i like to wear womens underwear and i have a strap on and i'm not afraid to take it up the butt!
11.76%
4 11.76%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
make hb normal mode
5k is way more popular than 3k. If all the current players are to be brought together then maybe the best solution would be to get rid of slow farming all together. who wants the old 5k hb to be the new normal mode and the old boring 3k slow farming normal mode to be taken out of the game?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
this will make the game boring it's more fun with 3k (thats my opinion)
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
I thought youre wiser than get up a poll like this. If you really want 5k HB to return in any way, or even make it normal mode, this is a dedicated fail (no conspiracy included).

edit: why am i not allowed to vote? => "formular ungültig" (opera 10.10)
The results will probably end up like this poll... http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2687

Most forum-goers like normal, so this won't get far at all.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
i'm actually just gathering statistics about bt players who use strap ons while wearing ladies clothes. i just wanted to make a controversial topic so that way i'd be sure to get good data!!!

:)

now i'll sell this valuable data to the sex industry so that they can market sex toys to bt players. your flyers and coupons will be in the mail soon! Smile
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
oh gosh. fail much?
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
can wait ^^
but i think i will do bad on tanks from now on cuz i would be distracted by my toysTongue
Ouch :|
If 5k hb changed to normal mode, I would never play Btanks again...

It is more popular, but it needs lesser skill!
If i want to play against stupid noobs, I also join 5k hb games Big Grin
The mode most played should be the mode most focused on.

DOTA balances for regular mode, they don't care about easymode and what [us] "noobs" play.

The same can go for Btanks. Let HB exist so I can have my fun. I know many other people play it. It gives them more incentive to play the game.

DOTA's excuse is that "It's a game mode" ... the problem may be viewed as inherent by being in existence but as "developers" should I be as bold to use this word in this context --> we should only care that people enjoy playing the game, and not what the 3% of top players think because the noobs vastly outnumber them.

Removing an existing mode is far worse than introducing another one. Scaling HB down slightly was a previous suggestion of mine but noone seems to want to go down that road. Oh well.
They don't need to pur 5k hb normal mode because we will choose normal no hb to play a normal game. This change will change nothing. The real game is in normal mode because you need to use some little weapon to begin the game and you can take a huge advantage by being a pro.

Seriously, i think normal game are often faster than hb game with pubs. The game is longer when team are fair but are faster when you got a good team against noob.

But for make the choice faster at the begin, they need to put a -5khb like the last add of ''pro mode''(playing without some tanks is not pro..).
just something about the vote:
add a normal no because i don't want this mode to disapear, i just want to not put this mode as Normal mode.
kingnounours Wrote:just something about the vote:
add a normal no because i don't want this mode to disapear, i just want to not put this mode as Normal mode.

fyi, hb ist already goneTongue
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
in my humble opinion 5k hb just requires faster decision making. that's all. period.

all the QQ'ing about imbalance is just funny to me. This whole situation, it reminds me of a chess master who can't play a 1 minute game but can do great in a 2.5 hour game who creates a league for long games. Except in our scenario we have no control over it since a popular mode was completely removed from autohosting as opposed to chess where we could still make our own 1 min game leagues and whichever was more popular would just be more popular.

well, i happen to prefer games which require me to think faster but it appears that the current devs and mappers don't. so, in there quest to find more friends to play with they'd rather just force everyone to either not play at all or adapt to their preferences.

in a hb game vs a non-hb game it's also my humble opinion that the balance of power tips just as fast in both modes; depending on the skill of the players. For my games in both modes, sometimes it's under 10 min and sometimes it's 3 hours. to me it's always just seemed to be an issue of skill, teamwork, knowledge, resolve, and a little bit of luck.

there were plenty of dudes already going 100-0 against teams of noobs before 5khb was ever used in any of my games so i don't see how removing 5khb is going to help with that. And there was plenty of 10 minute games when I was playing with my friends way before i played 5khb so i don't see how it's supposed to help with that either. what's fascinating to me is that sometimes people don't leave in situations like that. that's part of the reason why i love the map so much. it's nice to have something that's so fun and challenging that people want to learn it despite all the difficulties and lack of correct tooltips and essential winning tactical and strategic information anywhere in the map itself.

about 300 years ago in chess there was supposedly a big change and evolution made in europe that changed it from asian versions which are still played today. the pawns were allowed to move forward 2 spaces instead of 1 for it's first move only. and also, i don't know when but the promotion of pawns was buffed from only prisioners and only non-royalty, to up to 8 higher forces including the queen if you choose. These things were done in order to make it more exciting and to attract more new players. but in recognition that too much of the old goodness of the game was lost, a new rule was made to allow en-passant to counter the extra early power of the pawn.

i propose slowly moving up the bounty every few months 7 percent so that it has reached the level of the old hb or something similiar. solely because i believe that this would be a small sacrifice to pay to truly make the game more uniform to all players and yet still retain the noob appeal. noobs learn faster when their mistakes are made clearer faster. the higher bounty undeniably does that. Smile
I agree. There are large differences between the 10-15 bounties of regular mode and the 25-35 bounties of HB.

The fact that many good players complain about losing their "grip" or their competitive edge because the other team can get gold is pathetic.
--> Both teams have access to gold, therefore it is "balanced" BUT your windows of opportunity to have hunter for 10-15 mins before anyone else to rack up 10 kills diminishes, AS IT SHOULD.

This will make me reference the 5-min noob gold once again. I disagree completely with that concept 100% because it gives out free gold. It diminishes the edge that players can get. The game's balance needs to shift more to laning rather than CP hugging like douchebags. There should be a reward to laning but right now because of the noob gold there isn't any good reason to AT ALL, aside from tower kills.

Steps to take:
1) Remove the 5-minute noob gold. (REWARD LANING, if you kill shit you earn the gold, no fucking bullshit free gold).
2) Increase the creep bounty of normal mode, but not as much as HB.
3) Slightly buff normal bounty's TANK kill gold, but nowhere near HB's.

Simple risk and reward concepts that need to be introduced to allow laning and ganking to be at an equal level so that players who can't rely on their team can pull through if they do as well with them as without in team battles. This will also help negate the "hunter affect" because the hunter would be forced to actually kill shit or lose out on gold. In other words: they truly would have to be good. And these concepts would open a new window into the games overall strategy.

But then again I don't care if I play HB or not and I don't expect anyone to listen to what I have to say anyway. Make a test mode with my specs, call it HB. Problem solved, don't defile normal mode in any way. It's a contradiction to "edit" HB as they claim but it will shut alot of whiners up and I'd be happy to test it out, as would the rest of bnet. Too many changes? Call it something else "experimental mode".
eSVau Wrote:
kingnounours Wrote:just something about the vote:

fyi, hb ist already goneTongue

ya of course, but 8.65 still in all computer and is still a good version and this is why Anna, Sturm and some others bot are still hosting this version. It's stupid to remove a mode that a lot of player wanted 1 year ago for resolve the problem of a minority of player. Those vote in this forum are not usefull because it's only the oldest player of btanks that coming here in the website. This game became popular at like 8.42, before that it was a dota fest on war3 now a lot of those player went in League of Legends a new game based on Dota custom map. All those players that came from dota to btanks are -apem players and i compare HB to EM of dota. It's a good mode to make some pubs but if you want more challenge and see who's the best, play normal mode with some good players.

Kingnounours-

Keep HB to keep a lot of players in the game.
Why do you always think that hb is a majority, any proof?
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
eSVau Wrote:Why do you always think that hb is a majority, any proof?

Well, the only true way to know is top pull the data from hostbots. From experience, HB servers did seem to fill up faster than normal-mode servers, but then again there were a couple more normal servers floating around than HB.

I reckon the community sizes are about the same.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
Bored Aussie = 99% Normal Mode.
30k Tinker Mode when we're bored :wink:
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
qweqqweq Wrote:well, i happen to prefer games which require me to think faster but it appears that the current devs and mappers don't. so, in there quest to find more friends to play with they'd rather just force everyone to either not play at all or adapt to their preferences.

rape

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,308 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,752 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846
  Next version of Btanks: Make more insane bots! 8434102 2 4,077 2012-09-30, 03:25:52
Last Post: 8434102
  Make alternatives to midgame must have items ssl 4 3,952 2012-07-01, 20:50:07
Last Post: Teo_live
  Make Bombs weaker Sassspect 7 5,938 2012-05-05, 22:43:09
Last Post: LoveComesAgain