Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Tanks 8.43
Whoa, that one was a lot of work and it took a while, but I think it was worth the wait for you! At first I wanted to do even more in this version, but I hadn't enough time to work on the map, so I thought I'll realease it now, so guys won't have to wait much longer.

The AI might not play that good with all tanks, maybe there will be some improvements in the future. And its completly normal that the AI buys all tanks at the base, because otherwise it would be too hard to implement and the AI would go on a kamikaze mission, just to get to the Construction Hall. The new tanks are quite difficult to balance, but I'm confident that you'll give us some feedback about themWink

Have fun!

v 8.43
  • Added two new tanks: Scout and Sky Fortress
  • Placed two additional Healer-Runes on the map
  • Jump (Anti-Grav) no longer triggers Mines
  • Trade-Items now increase the bounty of the Trader 5 times as high
  • The AI now also buys the Tanks of the Tank Construction Hall (except Exploder)
  • Bombs are now disabled when the unit is caught in a net
  • Mines now also do 50% of their damage to allied units
  • The level of the Aura Upgrade is now also shown in the -tech command
  • Force Tower will no longer upgrade items
  • Fixed the damage bug when leveling Electro Aura (Thunder Tank)
  • Fixed the tech requirement bug of the Infernal Robot
  • Fixed some minor bugs
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Well, I tried both new tanks in a experimental single player game.

Well, the sky fortress is a bit small in terms of size, maybe it can be slightly scaled. (10-15%?)

Well, the turbo and bombing skill is amazing. Turbo skill makes good use of the spikes at least. And the bombing skill allows first timers to harm themselvesBig Grin (I didn't understand why I did take damage from my own bombs at first attemt xD)

The reinforce hp bonus skill is kinda ok I guess.

The ultimate was different, but does it disable weapons as well?

But I was kinda disappointed that the sky fortress does not possess any kind of shooting skills where he can use his gun beneath. Sad

I'll comment on the scout later....

Map size has also grown some. 571kb is something...
TKF Wrote:But I was kinda disappointed that the sky fortress does not possess any kind of shooting skills where he can use his gun beneath. Sad

Yeah, I know. But I already had enough trouble with the other skills and they really fit well together, so I couldn't and didn't want to come up with another ability which makes use of the cannon ...

And yes, the ultimate kinda disables everything.
Great work! Big Grin

Tried both new tanks, balancing is quite sound imho. Scout towers could use a little range upgrade though, to allow them to deal more damage to enemy tanks - they do like to stay just out of range.
Sky Fortress is nice in late game against AI, when there are only frost tanks around. Usually they are all bunched up, but with the additional hp and armor you can last long enough to do some serious damage and even kill one or two. Previously, at least for me this was sometimes quite a pain.
I haven't seen AI buying any of the non-standard tanks though - do they buy all tanks (except exploder) now or only the two new ones additionally?

Can't wait to see AI buying weapons from the Goblin Shop :twisted:
First, Watch Tower only attack creeps. And second, the AI also uses Guard, Ghost etc now.
I dunno maybe it is because we haven't played enough with Scout but it seems it is a bit imba:)

Light tank can't do nothing against Scout even that Scout have skills that do direct damage. Setting a tower just in front of you when you attacking someone automatically increases your hitpoints by 100%Smile. He has defense against LT rocket(and HT rocket too, btw), has regen, increased speed(that is crucial in the beginning because spending 1500 gold for speed upgrade is quite much), and, finally, he starts with far better weapon than any other tank does. Having towers and better starting weapon than any other do he farm much, much better than any other do. And he also has 200hp more for his price.

Today I played a game and I could hold center for over 20 minutes(like a tinker) against two enemies alone. We shall try more of course but for now it seems a bit too powerful at the beginning.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
I have to agree with him !
In my opinion Scout is not balanced. Just put the tower in the front, get a long range weapong and you can stay at middle and earn much money from creeps. The typical tactic with light tank and fireball canon has no chance like the tactic with 2 basic magic. kind of imba !
I tried that scout in some games too now and i aggree with them.
Especially in intern games where there are not so many kills/death ure just too sick in creeping.
Like Exiz before i tried him with multibow and hull and its just that nobody can seriously harm you while ure creeping everything in your path.
well just my intention since the first triesSmile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle Tanks 8.80c Exodus 21 22,501 2015-08-09, 21:11:11
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Battle Tanks 8.63 Hacked and Mangled Mod by NarFlux Exodus 2 4,818 2014-04-22, 13:42:22
Last Post: omefisto
  New Battle Tanks Homepage! Exodus 8 11,127 2014-02-23, 18:59:08
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Battle Tanks 8.79d Exodus 10 11,444 2014-01-08, 20:48:46
Last Post: Exodus
  Battle Tanks 8.78b Exodus 11 13,225 2013-05-05, 11:52:52
Last Post: Exodus