Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destroy the bomb before detonation?
Hi there,

A friend and I play BT a fair bit and we noticed that since updating to 8.26 that frost robots are able to destroy the bomb before it goes off. Is this an intentional change, a bug or has it always been that way? It really takes the enjoyment out of that particular tactic when you basically end up sacrificing yourself to get the bomb down only to watch it dissipate.

Thanks in advance.
i think all tanks can kill the bomb while the countdown.. i think it has 4000 or 3000 hp
No Support via PM!!
Yes, I changed it recently. This was mainly made because of some players who bought the bomb with a trader and got into the base with invisibility and for placing the bomb they used the ultimate of the trader. This way they destroyed the base and the defender couldn't do anything about it. Now you have at least a change to prevent the bomb from detonating.

In general, the tactic to suicide yourself just to blow up the enemy base was kinda lame, now you have to make sure that the bomb will last long enough for the explosion.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Well about this, the bomb in late game is very easily destroyed. I tried to put the bomb several times and failed cuz it was destroyed instantly. Both trader and bomb get destroyed easily by a super foe. Also the creeps alone is able to remove it effectively too if you plant it right after a creep wave. Also you waste your gold for nothing when the bomb gets destroyed many times. Weapons/items is a permanent solution which is better than a bomb, especially the risk of getting bomb destroyed.

btw does the bomb benefit from armor upgrades?
maybe bomb needs to be upgraded with armor ?

EDIT: sry TKF i said the same thing than uSmile
the problem might be the balancing of the bomb - i thought it got 5k Hp right ?

so at 1hour it has at least +120%Hp = 11.000 Hp - which is difficult to destroy in 3 seconds, while with good weapons 5k Hp in 3 secs is posible. I also played games where enemies buyed 3 bombs - and all 3 where killed before blast.
What about making the bomb weaker if it is killed before detonation ??? - maybe 1/4 of the full strength ??? Big Grin
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
id like to see the bomb invulnerable once planted, and the planting time last 4 or 5 seconds.

if the guy planting the bomb is killed before the bomb is planted, the bomb should be gone.
I knew that is was kinda difficult to make this right. Like I wrote before, the bomb shouldnt be invulnerable because of the Trader, which can also be invulnerable and thus, make it impossible for his opponents to prevent the bomb from exploding.

I think I'll lower the HP of the bomb, but let it be affected by the upgrades.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
then just prevent tanks from planting the bomb while they are invulnerable like the trader can be, or tanks affected of the titans ulti are.
But isnt that just a good tactic (planting the bombs with invis trader) and isnt it the job of the opposing team to counter that tactic with radar or centry wards? You cant go and make every tactic 'less good'....

Just my opinion.

EDIT: WOOOOOOOW total misread from my point, apologys for that. I did read INVULNERABLE as INVISIBLEConfused
(being able to read at lightspeed seems to have its disadvantagesWink :p )
I find it annoying if the enemy trader plants the bomb when he's invulnerable. It's the enemy team responsibility to counter invisible trader with radar.

bomb hp increase pr level I'm fine with. I don't know what the hp is set to, perhaps 2000-3000 hp reduced from 4000.
Batto Wrote:But isnt that just a good tactic (planting the bombs with invis trader) and isnt it the job of the opposing team to counter that tactic with radar or centry wards? You cant go and make every tactic 'less good'....

Just my opinion.

i didnt mean to forbid invisible tanks to plant the bomd, just invulnerable, because i dont know how to counter invulnaribility Tongue

important difference

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destroy Creep Buildings MacBeth 2 3,436 2011-03-29, 01:38:56
Last Post: MacBeth
  Bomb our own base kingnounours 12 6,441 2010-11-20, 18:13:30
Last Post: AGGInator
  Trader can still get bomb with trade items benben10 4 3,939 2009-02-05, 18:47:27
Last Post: Exodus
  Sky Fortress Carpet Bomb horselance 2 2,262 2008-06-12, 16:14:32
Last Post: TKF
  Suggestions for Bomb / Awards DOGG1 2 1,975 2008-05-22, 18:55:27
Last Post: RedNova