Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some improvement suggestions
i want to suggest some more or less minor changes for bt.

-make the tooltip of the hyperspacebreaker tell that units will additionally be moved to it.

-change "can be used twice" to "contains 2 charges" in the tooltip of the detector, it is more standard and already used for the web launcher

-the tooltip of the trader does not contain his new "trade" skill, which could be buffed a little bit imo

-the tech mech should also benefit from defense troop upgrades, as he gets down very fast in the lategame, and he is hardly ever used in general.

-what about making the items sold at the trademaster cost lumber instead of goods? i think it would be more dynamic.

-the basic cannon and the tornade summonar have pretty much the same stats and are used for the same tactic at all. i also found it very confusing when i started playing bt, that there are "two different" weapons with the same name and icon. the skill and the purchasable, which are even different in range.

the only reason to have both weapons (basic and tornado) is that the heli may buy the BC from start. i tested it one or two times in public, it was ok, but not really a recommendable tactic.

maybe change the basic cannon?

-additionally i dont understand why the tornado summoner is at the spirit trader. it doesnt seem like a magical weapon as all other weapons there. the only "magic" is its stats (2222, 777 etc)

-add more upgrade requirements for items and also weapons to the game. i just had a game (normal) where someone thought having an ice cannon with the tinker from start is a very good idea :wink:
i also once saw someone starting with a teleporter. :mrgreen:

even if formulated as orders, ofc these are just suggestions, so tell me what you think about it, especially about the 2 or 3 last topics.
well, summoning a tornado is magical i think^^ a storm maker wouldn´t be one, but this one summons it Smile :mrgreen:
BILLY TALENT SUCKS LIVE; SO DON`T THINK I LIKE THEM ANYMORETongue
Man sollte die Metaller meiden, es sei denn man ist jung, hübsch, weiblich und willig... ...Oder man hat (Frei)Bier
:idea:

what about anew weapon: the artillery projectile summoner. but no... no space left at the spirit trader

Tongue
I think there is little unique projectiles left you can use, not enough to fill a new shop.
it was rather a joke sorry
its named as it is, no way to change it

breaker tooltip is already changed in the new version
trader tooltip will be done
tech mech maybe

the others not...too much work for nothing
Yes, do not change the basic canon pls! I just tried it and now use it a lot! U can really use it in a proper way with the helicopter to kill of many ppl. I love itSmile
How about the possibility of weapons getting upgraded a second or even third time?
tooo much work
Rather than too much work, the weapons would just become imba (if you only do it for a few weapons). I've already done this before on the Light Fantastic and nearly everyone bought the weapon. To balance this you would have to add another upgrade to every weapon and THAT would be too muchWink

The only exception by the way is the laser. You can upgrade the laser two times, but only the range increases, not the damage output itself, so I think in this case its rather balanced. But adding just range upgrades to some weapons is just ... meh.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
The laser is the most bought medium/high price weapon as I know, just because for the 2 upgrade steps funstions, which will make a 7000 gold weapon into a 12000 gold weapon.
I just think ppl like the word 'laser'Smile
Yeah, that too. Everyone buys laser, cuz of high dps and low price, also you can upgrade the range. A very good weapon indead.

Exodus Wrote:Rather than too much work, the weapons would just become imba (if you only do it for a few weapons). I've already done this before on the Light Fantastic and nearly everyone bought the weapon. To balance this you would have to add another upgrade to every weapon and THAT would be too much

About the fantastic light which now has 1 upgrade, it has a single 4500 gold upgrade, which still makes many people choose it cuz you can greatly strengthen this weapon. Making a 6000 gold item into 10500 item in 1 upgrade. Usually a favorite weapon for goblin tank and shredder users, which is short combat vessels so short range weapons suits them perfectly.
Yep. People grabbed Light Fantastic, and still got wasted unless they were on my team.

I could see this concept applied to some of the starter weapons. Maybe even penalize the effect in comparison to the cost of the upgrade. I would think the main reason some people would want second/third upgrades is because they prefer the functionality of certain weapons. There aren't too many 1,050 range weapons out there for instance. Or "burst" weapons like the Basic Cannon/Tornado Summoner/Energy Torpedo. Or weapons that just seem to "click" when you get in range like the Light Plasma Gun.
about the light fantastic: i dont think that it is imba... nobody would buy a starting weapon for 2000 wich can be upgraded for 10000 gold, because he wont be able to upgrade it soon, same with light fantastic

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestions for next patch (8.80) psycodiver 3 3,846 2014-02-11, 16:55:52
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  Suggestions for Bomb / Awards DOGG1 2 1,965 2008-05-22, 18:55:27
Last Post: RedNova
  Air Tanks has very superior mobility - Suggestions TKF 15 8,781 2007-07-07, 23:53:31
Last Post: Vomitus