Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative to hb
Here is a topic to suggest alternative to hb without being imba:

1/ Shared high bounty mode
All gold collected by killing creeps/tanks is shared among players. The amount is also double.

2/ Shared bounty mode
As the first one but the amount of gold is normal

3/ No bounty mode
Players receive gold through time. More the team kill creep/tank, more the ratio of gold/sec increase
Suggested equation: x gold/sec. x= 3 + (kill+1/death+1) + 1 gold each 5 minutes of game

4/ .. put your suggestion

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
4/ Game Speeds : Fast | Faster | Fastest | Normal x 2
The game speed is increased by 10% / 25% / 40% / 100%... It'll decrease the length of the game and keep it "Normal"Smile.

5/ Creeps Settings : Strong
Creeps are 50% stronger

6/ Creep Movement Speed : Slowest | Slower | Slow | Fast | Faster | Fastest
Creeps are 40% Slower / 25% Slower / 10% Slower / 10% Faster / 25% Faster / 40% Faster

7/ Tycoon Mode
Every factory owned by a player generates x (10?) gold divided among the players each second and every spawning factory generates an additional y (5?) gold dividing among the players each second gold. There is no food limit and the factory cap is turned off.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
8/ Double mode
bounty*2 maybe
xp gain*2
income from force *2
income periodic *2
updates for creaps *2
You wanna make a new -hb? Which is being a problem to to get rid of...
Here is how it started : http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1005
Looks like you are on the same way.
Trolololo
LuckyD0g Wrote:8/ Double mode
bounty*2 maybe
xp gain*2
income from force *2
income periodic *2
updates for creaps *2

Yeah, this basic idea: creeps can improve along with increases in bounty. This is basically just a balanced version of HB, and it just means that people would move through tanks and strats more quickly than in normal bounty mode, which is the main reason people like HB (this gives the game a faster pace - is that so wrong?).
The best things in life aren't free.

[Image: tinker.png]EXCEPT THE TINKER!!!!
What if hb doubled the tank bounty only and not the towers or the creeps?
What we need, is somekind of "easy mode" accelerating the gamespeed.
The "easy mode" should not influence the gameplay negatively, it should just include some things which make the game easier without being imbalanced. The way which is just dealing with "bounty here, bounty there" can not be correct.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
If you want a easy mode without any form of bounty change it will be harder to make a fast game since the bounty is one of the biggest factors for adjusting game pace.

Other factors which can affect gamespeed:
  • Less Buildings / Creeps HP
  • Bounty Formula change
  • Remove the kills / deaths changes on the bounty
  • Even more bonus gained by controlling CPs
  • Force Gold distributed by 1 + players kills. More unfair. Similar to scrons suggestion.
  • Tank Speed?
  • more...?

The average BT game has become longer... since 8.15
This is my old post which where I whined when the battle tanks lasted too long after 8.15. 25 Sep 2007.

btanks balanced after about 1 hour? FUCK NO (21 Sep 2007)
TKF Wrote:What if hb doubled the tank bounty only and not the towers or the creeps?

It would essentially be normal, except feeders would be twice as detrimental to the team...

Gold-flow into the game would be the same, except for the game-to-game variable of player kills/death... A game setting like this will favor the player who lands the first couple of kills. You'll likely see one or two players with Demon Tanks by the end of the game going against Helicopters and Light Tanks.

Paladon Wrote:What we need, is somekind of "easy mode" accelerating the gamespeed.
The "easy mode" should not influence the gameplay negatively, it should just include some things which make the game easier without being imbalanced. The way which is just dealing with "bounty here, bounty there" can not be correct.

Well... What does the DevTeam consider balanced? If we go in with the mindset that balanced is only in normal mode, where the creep, tanks, and gold work the same- then we're restricted to just that... And the only way keep things balanced while accelerating the gamespeed is to literally 'accelerate the gamespeed.' (Which would be an interesting mode in-of-itself)

The only other way to go is to accept that you're changing/emphasizing certain game dynamics but attempting to create a mode that is essentially balanced in the sense that it's fair to all players.

EDIT: TFK pretty much summed it up.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
TKF Wrote:If you want a easy mode without any form of bounty change

'just said not only bounty changesWink
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
I think an easy mode is a good idea. Instead of increasing bounty you can do the following package:

- Startgold in easy mode is 3500
- Tanks are 15% cheaper except the ones out of the tank factory
- Tanks and hulls have 30% less HP except the ones out of the tank factory
- Weapons with more than 1000 range got a 15% damage decrease

With this mode you can focus on the basics while playing BT. In hb nearly everyone plays long range because with a little bit luck they got enough kills to get an imba tank.
If the HPs are decreased by 30% there are more kills. You have to decide if you save for a better tank out of the tank factory or if you buy a hull in the beginning to get kills.

This mode should be balanced. And i think it would be funny to see who is going for tanks out of the tank factory and when. I think this system can be improved but this is my proposalSmile
Northrend: Proud shaman of Clan BuG.
Azeroth: Proud shaman of Clan BTOW.

Don`t be afraid - be happy!
-FG(Fast Game)

everyone starst with 30k gold, tank lv 15 and force upgrades to 10
EssiXr3i Wrote:I think an easy mode is a good idea. Instead of increasing bounty you can do the following package:

With this mode you can focus on the basics while playing BT. In hb nearly everyone plays long range because with a little bit luck they got enough kills to get an imba tank.
If the HPs are decreased by 30% there are more kills. You have to decide if you save for a better tank out of the tank factory or if you buy a hull in the beginning to get kills.

This mode should be balanced. And i think it would be funny to see who is going for tanks out of the tank factory and when. I think this system can be improved but this is my proposalSmile

I can never remember losing to a long range player, most "real" hb players know that long range loses games. I see a lot of people talk about how they hate and never play hb but they are experts at it, most all normal players that try hb do their same builds with bad outcome, new flash its not normal!!
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Tom-Ace Wrote:I can never remember losing to a long range player, most "real" hb players know that long range loses games.

LIES!! ^^
0.o
Tom-Ace Wrote:
EssiXr3i Wrote:I think an easy mode is a good idea. Instead of increasing bounty you can do the following package:

I can never remember losing to a long range player, most "real" hb players know that long range loses games. I see a lot of people talk about how they hate and never play hb but they are experts at it, most all normal players that try hb do their same builds with bad outcome, new flash its not normal!!

In hb games there are in my experience more than 80% who are playing lr. They want to get easy kills in the beginning and later they swap to other weapons for destroying the base when they once get all the cps. Of course there are players who do not use lr - but after a while it`s still impossible to defend against a mass lr enemy team since those weapons are not attacking buildings. There have to be another solution to make the game faster. HB is unbalanced and should be removed.
Northrend: Proud shaman of Clan BuG.
Azeroth: Proud shaman of Clan BTOW.

Don`t be afraid - be happy!
It's impossible to even lasts seconds in mid when the entire enemy team is mass long range, unless you have long range yourselves. The focus power it provides will just kill you instantly, I've been playing Battleships recently, and I have to say that things in Btanks die really, really fast.

By introducing more starting gold and cheaper tanks, you are letting more tanks get photon torpedoes. This is bad because they are already extremely annoying to play against in 5k hb. They are really destructive at start because little people have hulls or expensive tanks, while with 3k starts photon torps are gotten around the same time that other players would get more hp.
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help feeders / alternative tactics Bob666 2 1,948 2010-06-17, 04:09:15
Last Post: RandomAcc
  Custom mode alternative - No CPTP mode TKF 24 14,255 2009-06-29, 10:28:51
Last Post: Doomhammer112
  1 More alternative ground weapon at start? TKF 15 9,084 2008-08-25, 13:08:38
Last Post: GooglyBoogly