Poll: Would you like a 'No Control Point Teleporter Mode?'
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
30.00%
3 30.00%
Yes, but allow 1 time usage of CPTP pr respawn to get to the front
50.00%
5 50.00%
No
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom mode alternative - No CPTP mode
May I suggest a no CP teleport mode. A mode where the tanks cp teleport is removed. It could be an interesting custom mode alternative. If a lane is left unprotected and is being captured, you lose it. Also that spot won't receive tp reinforcements either so capturing isn't such a big risk in such mode. 3 players could gang up against a cp with only 1 tank and he's basically outnumbered without any chance for help.

Also the strategies would be very different than in a normal game.

This mode could prove to be very interesting.
Meybe. But meybe fast flying tanks would be owerpowered? I mean they could come as 5 tanks agains 1 and simply destroy your base. So the other team trys to head back and they just simply escape.
I actually don't really support it...
Meybe it should be as bombing rush? That noone can't take control points over?
I say no!
Who can be masochist enough to choose such option?
Just play a version before 5.xx and see how painful it is.. No need to return to that daysBig Grin
Trolololo
It would take a lot of work to make a no cp-tp mode or even no cp mode. It would be one giant war with 2 bases. The hard work will be put into making such a mode fun and workable, probably more work than its worth.

Still, its an interesting mode i'd like to see. There wouldnt be so many cp-ganks and defends, everything would be fluid - tanks will have to use everything they can to survive in the battlefield. I can see this being a really fun mode, where there are many strategical assets such as mana restorers, healers, speed boosters and other stuff. As a result, tanks should not die as quickly, done by increasing hp a lot.

Now that i think of it, this is more like a whole mod for bt. The control point mechanic being completely removed, new game mechanics are introduced like the speed boosters and such. Other things that would need to be changed would be shorter tp range, more blink or speed boost skills or items. Even more fun when fog is on. And many more healer runes.
๏̮๏
Is it so difficult to remove the CP TP ability from all tanks ? oO
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Gammagulp Wrote:Is it so difficult to remove the CP TP ability from all tanks ? oO
No, with a simple script it's possible.
Dr.McNinja Wrote:It would be one giant war with 2 bases.

like it was at the beginning of bt, were cptp doesnt exist and like other aos maps like dota
so its a bad argument
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
I think it will have balancing problems at items and tanks. Items prizes will be much different I guess.
And also...you really think this mode will be used?
Doomhammer112 Wrote:I think it will have balancing problems at items and tanks. Items prizes will be much different I guess.
And also...you really think this mode will be used?
i think it wouldnt make problems,
but if, ...

WHY HIGH BOUNTY STILL EXISTS???
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
yeah...i would use itSmile
i think its worth a try because it would give a lot of new possibilities to try out
Why high bounty still exists? Because its the most popular mode at the moment Big Grin .
but why you are unsure about this new mode.
high bounty is the perfect example that unbalanced game modes are popular

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I would just want to see the faces of ppl who voted yes when they die while attacking enemy base and revive and press "C"... Then swear all the way to TKF and host who chose this option..Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

They will have plenty good time to swear
Trolololo
blame me who suggested the hb mode long time ago...

I called it fast mode. I'm not sure if the idea originated from my thread, cuz it's a while ago. Also some hated that idea...

http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=...ode#p17626
oh dear, that thread is damn creepy. :cry:

but its not your fault TKF, BT has quite some modes to chose from, nobody knew it would be the most unbalanced and most popular one.

so, i gotta say im against no cptp mode... either its not gonna be used, or people like it so much that they only host "Btanks 30k nocptp" games... :|
Well, maybe they have CPTP only when respawned, only to be used on one of the 3 cps; and not on a cp which is being captured. Just as 1 shot ability just to get to front quickly after respawn.

If they move out of the base area after respawn, they lose the control point teleport ability.

I've added a vote option so you have to vote again.
Hmm what you think if the mode cooldown could be modifyed? There will be a special option "Enable No CPTP". You can push it many times. For example "Enable no CPTP" -> "No CPTP 1 min" -> "No CPTP 2 min" -> "No CPTP 5 min" -> "Only after spawn" -> "No CPTP". So people can choose how much time they want for cooldown - if they want at all.
having only a single allowable cptp per res would make for interesting game play decisions.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
I would like to see a no cp heal mode, only healing you can get is from repair bots/packs/tinkers.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Meybe there could be a no CP heal mode but you can still heal by staying next to a factory. That means you have to heal at base or you need to build a factory. If you need to heal at the base you can simply teleport to the base but with no CPTP I guess it might be more interesting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Revive BattleTanks as custom map in Dota2 Heretic 13 14,223 2021-06-03, 17:45:27
Last Post: jerryjhon
Rainbow Custom BattleTank Map iregenbogen 1 2,823 2017-06-21, 19:57:09
Last Post: Saiyuki
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,254 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Weapon Mode Change UnifiedDoom 7 8,605 2013-01-07, 10:46:27
Last Post: 091846
  Promote a new mode for fun! Smell.No.Evil 1 2,278 2012-04-01, 22:59:46
Last Post: AeroniumX