Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infernal still too Strong
well, it's stil an "abuse" Tank...and use often by "n00bs" or "middle skilled" gamers which die often @ the beginning on the game.. then they wait for 15k.. and start their great walking trogh the map...

make the Firerain not useable while running and setup the Upgrades for getting it from 15 to 20...

stunnig him..when he use Fire Rain does not really has an effect...

it's really fucking up.. when your Team fight's like hell and a "abuser" which has no other Idea.. how too win the game saves money for it.. instead of "honored" fighting...its too strong for getting it so fast...

i noticed this in ,mostly every second or third game -.-

eDiT_

if you play a u-rush game, in 90% of the Games you got more then 5 Infernals on the map.. cause ppl. which play often know..its too [Image: ownagesmileyuf8.gif]
[Image: dtpc3banner88x31.jpg]
Frost Robot has blizzard - Does 480 + 160 damage pr level. Cost 30 + 10 mana pr level. 4 waves in a area. Must stand still while using it.

Infernal Fire Rain - Does 480 + 160 damage pr level. Cost 36 + 12 mana pr level. 5 waves on all enemies within 900 range. Can run while using it!

For 2000 more gold you get -> 1+ wave ; +bigger AOE ; +++can run while using it ; - it cost more mana

I no longer chooses frost robot and play infernal cuz it's much better. I have to agree with Sir that infernal is too strong cuz it's still imba. I think if infernal is to remain that strong, frost robot should get slightly stronger. Even titan have difficulties of fending of the infernal.

I don't know it's possible to forcing the infernal to be immobile while using it's ultimate. If he moves or become stunned, the spell stops. I'm not sure either if the mappers will nerf the infernal any further.
the old problem... once the frost robot weas too strong, now its the infernal.

i think its just not possible to balance two that similar tanks to each other. 13k cost and 15k cost, similar spells... not possible to balance. i once suggested to raise infernals cost to 18k.
then there could be a noticible difference, but not as it is now.

adapt to it.

better explaining and some other reasons to raise him to 18k you will find here: http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=863

btw: titan is out of question. he got too weak skills, and is not camparable to infernal. i tried to start a discussion about that in the "titan" thread.
I still love Frost Robot because it can stun enemies much easier than chaos teleport. But ultimate is weaker also.
Frost robot is better for air for me, because it slows them but infernal cannot even use stun on them because they are moving so fast...
Maybe Infernal's ultimte range can be lowered or can be decreased one wave. I dont know this makes it too weak?
Trolololo
Infernal Is by FAr the Strongest Tank in the game. The FAct that it can Move while useing infernal Rain is the reason why it's so strong, otherwise you can easily say that the frost robot is better. I Really like the suggestion of increaseing the cost of the infernal to 18k. I would go frost much eariler if that was the case, since 5k extra to get an infernal is a bit much for a new tank. I would also like to say that infernal can use a teleporter to get close then use infernal rain and the infernal wave to destroy enemies. The stun is not needed with a teleporter. So yes, infernal is much to strong and is better then titan 90% of the time. Titan with frost lazers is a different story.
Pretty sure this was experienced by someone else too.
The fact that the Infernal Ultimate affects buildings is just ridiculous. I recently had a game in which, in the end, the opponent team just got 4 infernals, placed their weapons in their base (so they won't give any gold when killed, which happend not that often), and then chaos teleport in our base, Start Ultimate, run around, w8 till Ultimate is over, and teleport out of our base with the speedpack. This, done by 4 Infernals, has just nothing to do with battletanks. Even though you manage to kill one, you get almost no gold, which makes a comeback totally impossible. Also upgrades for the buildings as well as Tech-Mechs to repair won't help.
I had a game yesterday in which the enemy team (down to 4) got two exploders, the other two had normal tanks. We were way ahead of them in terms of farming, but our only chance to wreck their base was to do exactly what you described. One of us had Photon Bombs and some more weapons on a Sky Tank, but even those did not help against their "camping", we couldn't possibly get enough Breakers to save us, plus the further we advanced, the easier it was for them to suicide on us, as there was just less space than outside the base (went invisible as soon as they respawned, so we couldn't kill them with Lava Shot etc. from outside their base). The game lasted about 1:20h, it would've taken much longer if we had not gotten Infernals. They might have turned the tide, but they blew that chance as soon as the first one chose Exploder, so they were bound to lose, just prolonged the game.
What you say is, of course right, but I am not sure if this should be the solution. Against Exploders you got Teleport Breakers(which, well placed, will abuse their Exploders to destroy their own base), and against the base you got Mortar Teams. Sure it would have taken longer, but i rather prefer a long game than a "port in base ---> ultimate ---> port out of base" kind of game. It just sucks to lose a 2h game because of 1 spell, and the lack of a possibility to stop it.
Well, Mortar Teams were useless, as they would have died instantly due to the enemies' strength at that point, plus their suiciders. They might have died each time they went out to get our Mortars (we didn't use any I think, as there would have been few chances), but that still saved their wall of towers, as they used Tinkers for suiciding.

I see the problem, I'm just more used to the situation I described, never had the problem with Infernals, since I almost exclusively play with -cv, which pretty much prevents either situation.

Since Infernal still seems to be at least very powerful (if not even too powerful), it might be a way to nerf it, maybe the damage the ultimate spell does to buildings could be reduced by a certain percentage?
I'm not a big fan of -cv because it usually takes longer than 15 min to turn the tides when the opponents siege your base. And because of this, I had games which went like 4 times back and forth until it was over.
Actaully I don't even say the Infernal is too strong overall, just his ability to destroy MASS Buildings. I know, that sometimes it may be the only possibility, but in my opinion, there is laways another option to bring down a base than just use the port in-port out way.
Yeah, it's a little cheap, gotta admit that.
I had a game where 2-3 infernals tried that.

We stooped every last one of them and repaired everything each time. They were never able to get more than 7% of buildings per runs, and it took less than a minute to repair nearly everything. After 10 minutes, we had farmed so much on them they tried something else, and failed.

The trick? Upgrade armor (more HP for creeps and buildings), and repair. Mech bots can whistand about one full infernal rain when at 20+ armor, and can repair themselves. Of course, you also have to get someone inside to stun infernals right after they start their ultimate. Easy stuff since that attack is very predictable, you just have to wait for the first drop of green stuff. SO we had one tinker on repair duty, about 5-10 mechs inside base at all times, and two guys stunning. 3v4, and they never were able to dent our base with that tactic.

Have they tried to focus on a single building at a time, we would have lost.

The game was long, but in the end we prevailed. Try it out next time.
Yeah, I thought about getting an Anti-Grav too, because its Ultimate would stop Infernal Rain immediatly, but you should die pretty easy. But I guess a Heavy Tank or a Demon Tank would work too. I'll try it the next time. Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Titan versus Infernal RikonVan 3 4,041 2013-08-05, 19:52:57
Last Post: RikonVan
  Infernal is too weak Lezowski 21 13,409 2009-11-26, 22:50:49
Last Post: Vomitus
  Infernal Teleport Nepharius 6 3,782 2009-03-14, 08:23:33
Last Post: Dr.McNinja
  Air Ship Drones too strong Prog 3 3,356 2008-06-18, 17:40:45
Last Post: Prog
  THE MINES!! To strong, good enough or to weak? TKF 131 84,330 2008-06-05, 16:47:00
Last Post: Exodus