Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovery Tactics: What do you do when you fall behind?
Jayzer Wrote:I think the biggest obstacle for any new BTank player is falling behind. If you don't keep up with the best players, not only will the better enemy players eat you alive, but your teammates will be more likely to impede your income by getting finishing blows on creeps and tanks with their superior dps.

The first 10 minutes of the game are the most important and even small errors in your starting build can ruin the game for you.

What are some of the reasons why you fall behind, and what do you do when it happens to counteract it?

Obvious reasons:
AFK
Lag / chatkill
Inexperienced (not enough commands per second)
Not doing enough DPS to creep as fast as others
Feeding
Poor build strategy (ie the tink/mine combo I saw todayBig Grin)

So what happens when you find yourself up a superior opponent? Do you run away and look for someone weaker to feed on? Is it possible to restart your build by selling your tank or equipment and starting in a different direction without being so far behind?

I ask because it's my biggest problem right now in adapting my btank game. Thanks for reading

Superior opponents? I do not know of such a thing. When I get defeated, they say they defeated ME. Not my team. :lol:

Haha in all seriousness, in the first 10 minutes you just have to have your weapons firing at all times. Keep a good creeping distance. Use the tip of your weapon's range radius to target specific creeps. Don't try to save for something big. Sometimes getting 3 basic arrows is better than a swarm because you would've have earned more from getting the second one. Buffer your weapons (that is drop your weapons and pick it up). On an advanced level, you have to anticipate when the enemy is going to spam all their specials on you or when multiple enemies are going to gang. Trying to combine two things at once. For example, if you're using Thunder - wait for your opponent to advance towards you with his creeps. Stun and ulti immediately and then move forward. Creeps will die and you will be able to attack your enemy without surrounding creeps.

Most people will ask to switch which is not a bad strategy. It's not good to restart your build. You should fill up all your slots first before selling stuff away. Consider the junk yard.
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Recovery Tactics: What do you do when you fall behind? - by jonjon - 2010-05-13, 04:23:55

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Architect tactics Shadowgear7 9 8,065 2011-03-29, 12:46:39
Last Post: Althend
  tactics 1 vs 2 MAD_CAT 0 2,643 2011-02-23, 18:46:21
Last Post: MAD_CAT
  I.T.S. and B.O.O.M. tactics Scelle 5 5,396 2010-07-19, 20:52:56
Last Post: Keiser
  Effective siege tactics (text tsunami) RedNova 8 9,577 2009-10-05, 07:32:35
Last Post: GEN_Schwarzkopf
  Advanced Tactics and Strategies TKF 4 7,305 2008-05-17, 18:17:12
Last Post: ancientsurvivor