Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current state of BT - your opinion
Thanks for your opinions so far.
TKF Wrote:I dislike: I don't like the fact that the latest skills added to the game, isn't following the linear balancing of other old school skills properly imo which other tanks have, which is making battle tanks special compared to other AoS maps. The architect in beta version is such an example where almost all his skills doesn't follow the normal 1-2-3-4-5 for nornal skills and 4-5-6-7-8 for ultimates. I can understand that his portal ability is a bit special, just like the teleport ability for tinker, but I still think it's a bit wrong. But it's still beta.
Well ... this sure is an unusual complaint. Aside from the fact, that most of his skills in fact do follow this formula, I don't see any reason why it would be bad to have skills that don't follow it. What's important, is the fact that the skills are balanced, and when they are it's only secondary which formula they used for their numbers. This rule has only been implemented to make balancing way easier (just like the standard cooldown of 40 seconds for every skill). You might have noticed, that the latest changes to the tanks favor short cooldown skills. I just do that to get more action in the game, since I think it's not the optimum, if you have a short fight, use all your skills and can't do anything for the next 40 seconds at all.

RaptorXI Wrote:You can find many answers to your questions already, but takes much time to read every single post and take everyone for real, maybe too much to request it.
Since you take the trouble and ask I don't leave without an answer:
1. Although I often have the feeling that it's wasted time to give feedback/make a suggestion I really wonder what sometimes happens (that you even changed the terrain again and when Ghost Tank was remade for example), and that you are added 'little features' (like -md command, Seeker unit, recharge items). I like the Architect, too.
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Do you criticize the fact, that - in your opinion - feedback or suggestions are ignored in general?

Althend Wrote:... and what didn't you like about it?

No new tanks for year, no new tiers 3-4 tanks. The focus on early game instead of mid-end game.
Btanks did not change much since 1.5 years. People get more and more bored to see same stuff. Community is dying due to lack of new content.

[...]

What should be added/changed over the next versions?

New tanks absolutely, especially for tiers 3-4. Fck bored of end game with hunter-inf-sky-titan... Especially Titan war.
We need real support tank for tiers 3-4. Or even better, create a shreguard, merging of guard and shredder for tiers 3 :p
Yeah, I know that the map lacked new content lately. I'll try to add more new stuff over the next few versions. I also have some nice ability ideas, that I want to implement and there is still the unfinished tank, that Pala started. I'm also in favor of a late support tank (well, support in general), so I guess it won't take that long until we'll have a new tank in that area.

TKF Wrote:
Exodus Wrote:
  • ... and what didn't you like about it?
While I'm posting, I thought on the troop command, mortar and advanced troop command. Their are often used well, and they are indeed much better than a single 5-6k weapon, I'm not sure somthing can be done here to balance it, as I see it's quite strong compared too it's cost. Is there a way to make it slightly weaker? That is my opinion.
Troop Command tends to be stronger in early game and loses it's strength in mid and late game. Also, it should be clear, that those items are stronger than a weapon of the same price class, since you can't use them all the time, in contrast to a normal weapon. Imo they are fine.

eSVau Wrote:There are way to much tinkers and long range guys - well tinker may drop with next version (at least i hope so) buy long range still bores like hell.

So i still suggest making long range less attractive - i've suggested once a stacking speed malus for long range weapong to shorten their mobility or drop long range dmg so those weapons sucks even more...
Well yeah, there have been many opinions about these weapons. There are several possibilities to change something (in case, that it is really necessary). For instance, I could reduce the overall range of the long range weapons to 1200, while still keeping the formula intact (which results in more damage). But I wouldn't change them right now, except maybe a lot of peopole now tell me otherwise ;)

More feedback is still appreciated, keep 'em coming ;)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.

Messages In This Thread
Current state of BT - your opinion - by Exodus - 2011-02-22, 15:24:06
Re: Current state of BT - your opinion - by TKF - 2011-02-23, 18:55:03
Re: Current state of BT - your opinion - by TKF - 2011-03-03, 23:42:14
Re: Current state of BT - your opinion - by eSVau - 2011-03-04, 14:01:48
Re: Current state of BT - your opinion - by Exodus - 2011-03-04, 14:23:46
Re: Current state of BT - your opinion - by ssl - 2011-03-17, 13:14:40

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your opinion on 8.79 Exodus 20 15,717 2013-10-07, 14:37:00
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Tinker discussion - Your opinion? Kamulec 63 53,066 2011-05-24, 00:11:50