Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Understanding the double Thunder Hammer
Very interesting read, thanks for that! Also an interesting way to use the open source map ;)
I'm actually suprised that you could create situations where the outcome is always the same, as I expected the Wacraft engine to be more erratic in that way.

Generally, there is no way to "fix" this kind of thing. Warcraft has an internal way of handling command chains and issuing them and this I cannot change. There is another way however, a special case for the Goblin Hammer, if you will.

Despite everything, the Goblin Hammer uses a projectile, which stuns on hit. This projectile is invisible and has infinite movement speed (set to 0). The skill has a cast range of 150, so if you would set the movement speed to - for example - 300, it will take half a second for the stun to actually hit, giving both tanks enough time to cast their skills, regardless of terrain or their own movement speed. This should always lead to a double-stun situation, but will obviously also affect other situations, giving the target more time to escape.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.

Messages In This Thread
Understanding the double Thunder Hammer - by Prog - 2014-04-27, 02:00:31
RE: Understanding the double Thunder Hammer - by Exodus - 2014-04-27, 11:41:04

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catapult v. Double Mech phoenix_strike 4 5,012 2012-04-17, 17:59:32
Last Post: phoenix_strike
  Fastest build to teleporting thunder tank. toyboatt 3 5,447 2011-07-16, 20:38:29
Last Post: UnifiedDoom