Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remake Death Magic (7777)
Now, Death magic is realy non usable weapon, reameke him - > Add switch mode to normal (does not attack buildings)
I disagree. Death magic should stay as is
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
We already have frost magic which does the same thing. I also think that most players don't want another 1300 range weapon.
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
most players don't want this creep weapon, remove from game or remake. Its are realy stupid idea buy weapon 7777 gold vs creep. 1300 range is not effective vs creeps
its a really good weapon if used for what it is
have you ever played some tinker game ?
towers worst enemy mortars
but if you put 1 death magic in tower, mortars useless
not to mention this weapon kill creeps fast even with lvl 30 armor, so creep shield wont work, and the rest of your weapons will kill tanks easily, cause of focus fire
this weapon type was needed for a long time
Orbital control destoy ALL your bildings whith Dead Magic or without.. And 7777 gold ,is too more gold, then yuor buy, all can buy sky tank, him easly destroy bildings whithout mortirs. Your can buy laser 7000 + one upg 2600, is more 1800 gold, but this is adequate fighting weapon whith normal range. This weapon 7777 buy only mistake, and noobs. This weapon is effective only in singleplayer game whithout bots ))
Death magic should stay as it is now. It´s a really strong creep farming weapon, where u can hit the creeps from a far distance. I use it many times when i take hunter tank. it´s a very usefull weapon.
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
Quote:most players don't want this creep weapon

not every weapon is meant for every player. I have nothing against niche weapons.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Tynkywinky Wrote:Death magic should stay as it is now. It´s a really strong creep farming weapon, where u can hit the creeps from a far distance. I use it many times when i take hunter tank. it´s a very usefull weapon.
A Really strong creep farming weapon, is are MULTI BOW (1100) strong creep farming weapon frost magic (6060) (+also have normal attack)
1300 range is not effective vs creeps
kastorka Wrote:
Tynkywinky Wrote:Death magic should stay as it is now. It´s a really strong creep farming weapon, where u can hit the creeps from a far distance. I use it many times when i take hunter tank. it´s a very usefull weapon.
A Really strong creep farming weapon, is are MULTI BOW (1100) strong creep farming weapon frost magic (6060) (+also have normal attack)
1300 range is not effective vs creeps

Multibow do only have 800 range, that´s so low. for the range of 1300 and only creeps (which make it damage more) is it very nice, it´s usefull, and if u don´t know that u probably have´nt played btanks for so long time.

Before u could just buy alot of torpedos, and when u have like 7000G u teleport back and buy a death magic, and keep on buying them, cuz they are so overpowered. Good that are´nt possible more, cuz it´s boring only to see the same weapon in every game, where someone always fill up with them, end very powerfull, but mostly they will screw them self up.
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!
Creeps Range 300-500. And why 1300 range? 1300 Its not optimally. 800 is better. 600 is ideal.
Situation: 1 Tank(with DM) + Creepwave vs. 1 Tank + Creepwave
They are still about 1500 range apart.
Tank with DM comes in 1300 range and starts killing the enemy creeps. When the enemys tank and creeps are in range all creeps are gone and the situation is 1tank + creepwave vs. 1tank.
now the tank with dm has got a huge advantage: stun, move forward with creep backup, enemy is dead
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
I like frost magic better cuz it has less range.
SCorpA1 Wrote:SCorpA1

if your have 7777 gun enemy have 6666 normal gun, or better, him easly kill you with creep or whithout, because your gun attack ONLY creeps.
but with DM you creep well along the way and get more creepgold than the other playerBig Grin
additionally the dm is more a "deluxe" meapon, so if you have more gold than the other players. that is nothing with overpowerness or feeding the feeded or something similiar. its just the style of dm imo
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
Who's idea was it to change that weapon to target creeps ?

It was the best weapon to hold the base against powerful opponents, not to mention a better weapon overall.

I agree with kastorka, Death Magic should be changed back to how it was, there was no need for another creep weapon and this was a bad decision.
If anything, it should be turned into energy torp's big brother. IMO, the whole concept of long range high CD weapons are flawed. Too many targets makes it too hard to hit what you want, but expensive creeps only weapons do not work well either.
bobbob247 Wrote:Too many targets makes it too hard to hit what you want, but expensive creeps only weapons do not work well either.
I disagree. I some situations, like when your base is under siege choosing creep only weapons like frost magic or death magic is very effective against reducing enemies creep support.
I would understand if it was overpowered and you open a thread for this weapon. But i do not understand why a thread is opened for a underpowered weapon (if it is really so, just author's idea..)
If it is weak then do not buy it. That is really easy right??
If you want it to be changed, first go look for these weapons:
7777 possesion: range 777, normal
7000 laser: range 580, normal
7000 burning projectile: range 1050, normal, building
7500 Ion cannon: range 900, normal
6000 Rocket Hail: range 1300, unit only

As you can see there are lots of weapons in this price range with a variety of options. (and more i didnt bother to write down all list in 6k-8k)
Changing DM to Hero Only (1300 range) is not an option. It is really lame.
And i know the reason of this thread, it is not about underpowerness of weapon but to make it overpowered again. So yo can play your lame style games...
Again, if you dont like it then dont buy it. Noone force you to buy it. (but i remember games i played when it was hero only that it really really made you force to buy it because of lameness)
Trolololo
horselance Wrote:I would understand if it was overpowered and you open a thread for this weapon. But i do not understand why a thread is opened for a underpowered weapon (if it is really so, just author's idea..)
If it is weak then do not buy it. That is really easy right??
If you want it to be changed, first go look for these weapons:
7777 possesion: range 777, normal
7000 laser: range 580, normal
7000 burning projectile: range 1050, normal, building
7500 Ion cannon: range 900, normal
6000 Rocket Hail: range 1300, unit only

As you can see there are lots of weapons in this price range with a variety of options. (and more i didnt bother to write down all list in 6k-8k)
Changing DM to Hero Only (1300 range) is not an option. It is really lame.
And i know the reason of this thread, it is not about underpowerness of weapon but to make it overpowered again. So yo can play your lame style games...
Again, if you dont like it then dont buy it. Noone force you to buy it. (but i remember games i played when it was hero only that it really really made you force to buy it because of lameness)

I see, but that's your choice and the fact that you don't like people using this tactic doesn't mean such a weapon shouldn't exist.
Personally I like it, the fact that if someone stacks 2 of these and forces me to change my own tactic is exhilarating and adds to the fun, you obviously want your game/tactic to be perfect but I'm one of those who will come in and destroy your little fantasy Big Grin

Back to the subject, long range, hero only weapon, want++ !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Basic Magic gozo1985 3 4,869 2013-07-23, 20:47:43
Last Post: gozo1985
  Tank bounty depending on time of last death Bob666 23 17,076 2012-03-15, 01:40:37
Last Post: Smell.No.Evil
  Remake / Balance invis mechanic griffin1987 9 8,752 2011-11-14, 00:09:17
Last Post: gozo1985
  Remake Psycho laser Teo_live 17 10,728 2011-03-22, 09:02:00
Last Post: Teo_live
  Sudden Death jonjon 23 9,393 2010-06-09, 16:22:14
Last Post: Bob666