Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sudden Death
This has probably been suggested before but this game should have a sudden death that can be implemented at the start of the game through a command.

For instance -death 90 will do sudden death at 1 hour 30 minutes. When Sudden Death occurs, tanks that die become observers and cannot respawn. The last team standing wins or the team that destroys enemy base wins.
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
ooo i like this idea lol, probably the best suggestion in a while
id say go for it ^^
:!: I dont like this idea jonjon:

Quote:Bring back old Death Magic.

Smile But i like Sudden Death.
Trolololo
That actually sounds very interesting, an idea definitely worth a thought.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Ähm, and when there are only 2 tanks left and they kill each other?
The question is: Who would ever attack after sudden death? I'd just camp in the base, waiting for the opponents.
Prog Wrote:The question is: Who would ever attack after sudden death? I'd just camp in the base, waiting for the opponents.

Totally.

The current game has enough trouble with camping ^_^

I would rather put an increasing cooldown when tanks die.... x2 first... x3 after... increasing trough time.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Prog Wrote:The question is: Who would ever attack after sudden death? I'd just camp in the base, waiting for the opponents.

I thinked about this too, defender will get the advantage possibly. But who cares, its a mode, play with a certain tactic depending to mode. And even you camp, some1 will always die in some battle and game will end very soon after. (I dont say camper wont get advantage but i say it wont take much time to end game, and after some1 dies it will be 4v5 and 5 ppl probably win for sure)
Trolololo
horselance Wrote::!: I dont like this idea jonjon:

Quote:Bring back old Death Magic.

Smile But i like Sudden Death.

:twisted: Haha, I love the old death magic. It wasn't even that good because it gave too much warning to retreat when it had a faster cool down. Also the purchase was extremely risky being 7777. When they upgraded it to do 1000 dmg per hit, the strategy changed. First it was strong, then too strong and now too weak.

At least with Sudden Death team work is increased. It also opens a new area of strategic play. I can imagine Goblin Shredder forcing people out of control points, sieges and creeps luring opponents out, more people buying invis, breakers stopping tanks being too aggressive, nets, mines, explosives, factories being dropped, strongest tanks being ganged by 5 people. And that's just the start of it.

At this point, it is not the strongest that matters. It's who can implement a better team strategy.
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
i like the idea much too.
It's just not as every game is played as Sudden Death, but you could do it just some time to have one more variety.
Everything what makes the game bigger in complexibility makes it more playable in longer view.
Of course, there are aswell some negative sideaspects, but I personally think nearly no one like the overlong games which least 2hours+, and this feature could just give the whole game a climax at the end which make you have the most fun and "nervousness" in the late game. As a consequence of this could make people in publich games maybe even more motivated to stay until the end, because they dont want to miss the best part.
And I absolutely agree to jonjon.
i think this Sudden Death mode will go great with the existing CV modeSmile

both goes kinda side by side
Battlemaniac Wrote:i think this Sudden Death mode will go great with the existing CV modeSmile

both goes kinda side by side
you mean, players may purely defend base and cptp to attacked cp's? ^^
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
The Sudden Death mode should restrict lifes(repawns) of the team or per player. *Real* Sudden Death would suck... So it would be ok to limit respawns to 3/5 per player or 15/20/25 per team after x (90) mins or something like that... The death of the last enemy player should trigger the end screen/blow up the enemy main (which/that should make the killer of the last enemy guy invulnerable) to prevent a draw.
I would like a mode that each team has x# of lives and first team to lose all lives will lose! There would have to be a fixed time to play and balance because no one wants a 30 min game of people sitting at cps.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Tom-Ace Wrote:I would like a mode that each team has x# of lives and first team to lose all lives will lose! There would have to be a fixed time to play and balance because no one wants a 30 min game of people sitting at cps.

tickets, sounds more interesting to me than conquest victory or sudden deathSmile
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Tom-Ace Wrote:I would like a mode that each team has x# of lives and first team to lose all lives will lose! There would have to be a fixed time to play and balance because no one wants a 30 min game of people sitting at cps.
This could be easily fixed, by changing the winning condition to reach a certain amount of kills. This way you have to play aggressivly to win and not just sit in your base and wait for your opponents to make any mistakes or get impatient.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Quote:winning condition to reach a certain amount of kills
Thats called (a) Deathmatch...I thought that this thread was about a Sudden Death mode for bt... But a Deathmatch mode isnt bad either :wink: .
I support both Sudden Death and Deathmatch. Very good ideas.
Trolololo
This would be very interesting.... Deathmatch! Like said before, that would be a great chance to get all those campers out of their homesBig Grin

Maybe set a line up to : the team wins first have to get 100 Kills :wink: , or destroy enemies base Smile

That would look fine, if the enemies- base would be destroyed, but you have to keep on fighting until your 100 kills :lol: ( just kidding)
Der Vorteil an der Klugheit ist, dass man sich dumm stellen kann.
Andersherum ist dies schon erheblich schwieriger.
Orthodox Wrote:This would be very interesting.... Deathmatch! Like said before, that would be a great chance to get all those campers out of their homesBig Grin

Maybe set a line up to : the team wins first have to get 100 Kills :wink: , or destroy enemies base Smile

That would look fine, if the enemies- base would be destroyed, but you have to keep on fighting until your 100 kills :lol: ( just kidding)

I dont see why deathmatch would counter camping. It would make camping more important.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tank bounty depending on time of last death Bob666 23 15,839 2012-03-15, 01:40:37
Last Post: Smell.No.Evil
  Remake Death Magic (7777) kastorka 43 25,776 2011-05-20, 21:27:59
Last Post: TKF
  New tower Death tower Doomhammer112 8 4,506 2009-06-28, 15:33:50
Last Post: Dr.McNinja