Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back 5K HB
Seriously you need to bring this back. I can't tell you how boring 3K normal is. There are like 5 valid strategies. 5K HB really opens up the possibly of diff strats as well as lets new/developing players get a better feel for how those strats play out.

The reason YOU, the 'btanks league' needs to do this is that b/c all the players gravitate you your bots, it's extremely hard for another bot to host consisently. Even anna bot has become a distant memory. For the love of god, please restore 5K HB and make 1 of your 2 primary bots host this.

Normal is SO boring in a public game. Less variation and it's truly just a waiting game. Give the players choices, it's better. Trust me.
normal isnt boring...
and hb noobie...
its just the truth, what tactics are in 5k hb??
scout 2 bombardings?
heli upgraded energy noobpedo?
5k hb was really often something like 80 percent a totaly range noob game where 6-8 players played range....
...and again... your reasoning comes way too late... if you liked hb as much told us... why didn't you try to find a solution back then?
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
i cant't hear it anymore...

it was a hard fight to get rid of this stupid mode that ruins games, efforts noobish tactics and so on.

hb was removed with reason and i hope it'll never come back again POINT.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Burn HB!! Burn!!!!
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:Burn HB!! Burn!!!!
There is nothing left to burn - it's gone :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
ok.. bring it back to -=ⓑⓤⓡⓝ=- it again.. and again.. and again :twisted:

First of all, there ARE a lot more options 5K HB. From Thunder tank, to Guard, to grav tank + hull and short range, to any combination of other tanks and guns at any range to tanks with troop command + a gun or hull etc. 5K affords for a lot of strategies, with 3k, you can buy the same 10 guns for the same 5 tanks.

The absolute WORST part of 3k normal (non-HB), is that the game progresses so slow early on. You kill someone and get 150-200g... a cp costs 75. That's ridiculous, you have to spend the first 15-25 minutes of the game penny pinching your cash to be able to get any good gun, hull or decent new tank. In 5K HB, your skill is rewarded bc you actually get decent gold for killing other tanks. so for example, if you get 10 kills with 6 minutes in 5K HB, you can actually be significantly stronger and get a new tank or a teleporter and mana where as in normal, you might get 1 more bombarding rockets so that have 2. Pathetic.

Anyways, I can see there are a lot of trolls coming out of their caves to post here, so let me lay my proposition out on he table. In 8.71, include the option for 5k HB that used to be in the game, and then set aside one of the btanks league bots to host that mode, and see which one is more popular.

I mean you do realize what happened once the previous owners of this map ceded control to the new owners right? Players used to have THE OPTION to select what mode they wanted to play, and in 95% of ALL PUBLIC GAMES, they played 5k HB. Then you guys whined, and in your brilliance suggested it shouldn't even be an option, and now the community as a whole as suffered for it. You're demonstrating that you're pretty dense so let me draw an analogy: you're a member of an organized religion (probably b/c you're a mindless retard) and because you are so blind and devoted to your faith, you want to change the law (state and federal) so that people have to adhere to your views even if they aren't a member of your religion. Still confused? We can't buy alcohol in some states on Sundays because of idiots that think like you (albeit idiots in congress).
xenocide85 Wrote:First of all, there ARE a lot more options 5K HB. From Thunder tank, to Guard, to grav tank + hull and short range, to any combination of other tanks and guns at any range to tanks with troop command + a gun or hull etc. 5K affords for a lot of strategies, with 3k, you can buy the same 10 guns for the same 5 tanks.

This is not true. In normal mode you can still do most of strategies as the same as in HB mode. You just need more time/skill to save money to build up your strategies.

xenocide85 Wrote:The absolute WORST part of 3k normal (non-HB), is that the game progresses so slow early on. You kill someone and get 150-200g... a cp costs 75. That's ridiculous, you have to spend the first 15-25 minutes of the game penny pinching your cash to be able to get any good gun, hull or decent new tank.

On the contrary, for many btank pros, this is the most interesting part of the game. You feel happy when you kill 1 more creep with a nice move while your opponent doesn't. You feel happy when you use a fake tp to fool your opponent while saving 75g.

After 30min saving time (i agree this time is longer than in hb mode), you finally become a strong tank who can kill others in your way.

xenocide85 Wrote:In 5K HB, your skill is rewarded bc you actually get decent gold for killing other tanks.

I agree on this point. When i was playing HB, I also trained myself to use some new tactics to get a lot kills at early stage of the game. So i can become outstanding. (I didn't leave the game because this mode is imba, but instead I started to learn the game.)

But many of my tactics turned out to be opponent dependent. I mean, it works well when I play against noobs, it fails totally when against pros. Based on this fact, what i saw was, some of the players starting to learn to improve the personal skills. While some others, just keep hunting noobs, and don't think much about it.

Those players give a bad effect: they leave asap when they realize the tactics fail, and then go for another game to try their luck to see if there are noobs in there. This action ruined the game because teamwork is also an important factors/fun part of the game. Leavers just ruin it.

My personal feelings about HB and normal mode:
HB is like some of the american movies. You cut to the chase and see the explosions/violations directly. I don't deny this is also fun.
Normal mode is more like in the old time, you plant (with good skill), your work (with others), and you harvest. You will get more fun in this way because you earned every penny of it.

Generally speaking, I like normal mode better, but i don't hate hb. However, the mappers and dev teams are determined to kill the hb since long time ago. So I don't think the hb mode will come back.

My suggestion to the HB funs: try to become a pro in normal mode as well. The truth is, most normal mode pros can beat HB pros easily but not vice versa. When you become a real pro in normal mode and you can beat top EU players of best btank clans, you can then come back vote for HB (if you still want to do so). By that time your words will become more convincing and effective.
The funny part is that really few people supporting hb have good reasons.

The idea was to replace hb with a new "fast" balanced mode. The problem is that it did not happen.

Now concerning the idiotic analogy with religion... Let me say... BURNNNNNNNNNNNNBig Grin
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
it's as althend said: we gave the hb players the chance to give us all the informations about hb that they liked and the opportunity to think of a new fast paced, but still balanced, mode. but the most feedback we got back then which were not productive enough and mostly contained flaming which even resulted in a ban of one of the players to the forum. they simply killed all the motivation back then to introduce a new mode. now it's way too late, hb is gone for good.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Also, One Mode is in my opionion enough. You add sometimes more content, weapons and so on, you must balance this with the money, which the items cost. With a fast mode like HB, there will be some balance-problems. Also, for the league and thats the goal of BT in the moment, I think, you have more than enough work *g*.
Ok so let me summarize the responses I everyone just listed:

1.) I hate HB
2.) HB is okay
3.) One mode is enough
4.) We gave HB players a chance to voice their opinions, and then we took away HB without providing an alternative

So basically, whatever 15 ppl decide to follow this forum collectively decided to remove one mode of the game because they didn't like it. Again, I stress my point of how does taking away options from players help anyone? That's great that you don't like HB, but why the fuck should YOU have any control over what I (and the many other players like me) want to play.

I've been playing btanks for a really long time (more than 3+ years). I've played against Fido1 and other notable league players. I've played normal and HB. My goal, however, is not to be 'a pro'. My goal is to have fun. I can fucking tell you that playing a 'waiting game' and saving up for 30 min is not fun, it's fucking boring. And not only taht, the vast majority of players (esp casual players) don't ever check the btanks forum. So it doesn't matter than someone may have made a post asking for a defense of hb 5k. I rarely even check it myself.

Why am I even trying to explain this, you're all hopelessly retarded. whatever.
and you think we change our opinion if you use expressions like fu**???

it doesn't matter what u say... IT'S GONE.

read all the discussions about new fast mode or hb and you'll hopefully understand why it's gone with reason.

xenocide85 Wrote:Why am I even trying to explain this, you're all hopelessly retarded. whatever.
Then please, don't try it anymore,

sincerely someone retarded
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
xenocide85 Wrote:I mean you do realize what happened once the previous owners of this map ceded control to the new owners right? Players used to have THE OPTION to select what mode they wanted to play, and in 95% of ALL PUBLIC GAMES, they played 5k HB. Then you guys whined, and in your brilliance suggested it shouldn't even be an option, and now the community as a whole as suffered for it.

There's nothing changed in comparison to the "Times before". You can still choose a mode (and you have never been able to choose one if a bot hosts a specific mode). Also, the owners of the bots decide which mode is hosted.

Apparently, you missed the chance of the participation in the "hb" discussion, we restructered the modes completely (not just high bounty) and offered (also implented) other alternatives. Just try to host a recent version by your own, not by a bot. You will find hundreds of ways to enchance the gameplay right for your personal style. Just a tip: Just because "high bounty" is removed, it doesn't mean we didn't offer other possibilities for a fast and furious match.

But honestly, i am sick of people neither reading our announcements nor the help (quest) menu in the map and still complaining. I wish you'd have been up before, in a more constructive way.

I closed this thread.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'am Back Userkiller 2 2,636 2010-03-07, 03:06:05
Last Post: Dr.McNinja
  back up forum topics qweqqweq 6 5,115 2009-02-06, 10:49:06
Last Post: BENNIE.FM