Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add visible Damage Display Text 24/7?
Is it possible to add damage the tank takes every sec or so with floating text? Not from every source since the text may overlap each other, but total damage shown every short moment. Also it would be nice to see it shows the amount you heal as well. I've seen it in a BT mod which did show the damage you take and the rate you heals at CP.

Every player can toggle it if they want it on.

Alternatively it can be a debug feature in singleplayer/beta.
They had it in 8.63 but for all units!
As far as i know floating texts are a cause of memory leaks at wc3 and should be avoided but i'm maybe wrong ;-)
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
I don't think it's needed, since the H'bar is more intuitive.
But i'd like to see the total dmg made by me on other tanks/buildings at end of the game. i think those values reflects your worth better than simple k/d stats. I mean there are many guys who just wait for you take make "red hp" on enemy tank and then they use rocket.
This is actually already implemented, but only available for my own debugging purposes. So it wouldn't be any big deal to make a command out of it.

@progg: I don't believe, that this gives a better impression of your performance. It just shows that you were the guy with the most weapons. I think I don't have to tell you, that there are more strategies available, that don't rely on weapon damage alone.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Ofc Exodus. But sitll i'd like to see these stats avaiable to check but i can imagine that counting dmg done by each player would make replays bigger and there could be some problems for guys with slower comps.
(2012-04-04, 09:52:48)eSVau Wrote: As far as i know floating texts are a cause of memory leaks at wc3 and should be avoided but i'm maybe wrong ;-)
I'm not an expert in the editor, but it doesn't leak afaik.

But maybe it will be an issue when you hide it for all players and show it for only 1 player. But I'm not certain.
The only limit for floating texts is that you cant have more than 100 active at a time for each player.
see good ol wc3c: http://www.wc3c.net/showpost.php?p=1125122&postcount=5

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reduce Text output ssl 5 4,744 2012-05-13, 19:12:22
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Reduce Infernal Rain damage by 25% after lvl1 Gammagulp 27 18,166 2009-07-08, 18:13:20
Last Post: eSVau
  Weapons could do more than just damage Khristophoros 1 1,723 2009-02-11, 09:36:01
Last Post: Khristophoros
  Increasing passive cannon damage for bigger tanks bangyouredead 14 7,007 2008-09-05, 21:14:08
Last Post: horselance
  New Tank Idea - Damage Absorbtion Tank xenocide85 6 3,859 2008-08-06, 22:09:40
Last Post: xenocide85