Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapons could do more than just damage
This isn't a specific suggestion. I just want to spark some ideas.

I understand that the weapons use abilities based on Pheonix Fire, so they seem a bit inflexible. All this ability can do is deal direct damage and apply a debuff which deals damage over time, although the ability won't strike a target with the debuff on it...

However, just the fact that it places a buff actually makes it so versitile. So much more can be done than just direct damage weapons. You could do a weapon that stuns or causes a slow effect, or a silence. Really, you can do anything. How?

Here's how. You need a damage detection system in the map, which is not hard to do. The great thing about Phoenix Fire is the debuff it has. This debuff can be used as a signal to tell you the exact damage source, thus, your trigger can detect which weapon caused a given packet of damage.

When you have a trigger that detects damage, it will fire before the actual damage is applied, but I have done some testing and found that the debuff from Phoenix Fire is applied before the trigger executes, so you simply set your debuff duration to 0.01, and have your damage detection trigger remove it + do the effects.

Another thing you can do is have a debuff that lasts the cooldown of the weapon, and have that debuff cause some kind of effect upon the target taking damage or any other condition happening really.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Making weapons more unique Flygplan 4 4,253 2014-03-29, 09:40:54
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Weapons can hit wards Perfektionist 3 3,870 2013-05-13, 03:47:14
Last Post: gozo1985
  Add Weapon Upgrade requirements to the top 10 highest tier weapons Vitriol 11 10,984 2013-04-25, 18:47:42
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Weapons BENNIE.FM 1 2,229 2012-10-17, 10:36:06
Last Post: eSVau
  New items/weapons Teo_live 26 20,926 2012-08-27, 22:09:20
Last Post: Wupti