Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get the good players back?
sequel to the German Topic "Battle Tanks Vernoobt?"

Summary:
Quote:Advertise Battle Tanks:
It would be nice if anybody could advertise Battle Tanks and this forum in the Battle.Net.
Tell good playes, that here is a forum where they can posts suggestions and critics.
if you want, name your Team ingame like "visit: btanks.de/forum"

the two other ideas was, increasing all bounty in the map and create a little intro while red is choosing gamemodes, but it looks like it nobody wants to do itSad
No Support via PM!!
Yes! Strew the game with battle-tanks forum PR! Make gamers suffer from only one mention about it!!!

But, yes. In whole - this is good idea to put in some noticeable place a reference to btanks forum. But this reference must not be always on sight, it must not be boring, of course...

Well, let see some of possible places:
  • in endgame statistics;
  • in the beginning of the game;
  • in the TOD tool tip;
  • in part of food's tool tip;
  • make a Pilot as default character instead of Tinker and make a noticeable button as a Pilot's "skill" with name 'btanks.de/forum' and some description. Clicking on this button converts it to another button with name 'btanks.de/download' with appropriate description;
  • in some other place - find it yourself.

That is my proposition.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
Or make it very noticable in the loading screen?

And all hosts make game names: http://www.btanks.de?

If i have other ideas, i will contribute more!

Edit: Wich good players have we lost then? Isnt this in general to get more players?
Vomitus Wrote:make a Pilot as default character instead of Tinker and make a noticeable button as a Pilot's "skill" with name 'btanks.de/forum' and some description. Clicking on this button converts it to another button with name 'btanks.de/download' with appropriate description;
thats a realy nice idea! maybe there can be some other tips instead of an intro. (so the pilot is already the default tank in next version, but the idea with the skill-tooltips is nice)

Batto Wrote:Or make it very noticable in the loading screen?
yea, that was already said in the german part ^^ i hope exo will change the loading screen a bit

Quote:And all hosts make game names: http://www.btanks.de?
already tried that, nobody joins thenSad

Quote:Edit: Wich good players have we lost then? Isnt this in general to get more players?
we lost a few good (almost german) players who played the early versions of battle tanks, but you're right, its to get more playes at all... ^^
No Support via PM!!
psycho_dmr Wrote:(so the pilot is already the default tank in next version, but the idea with the skill-tooltips is nice)

O rly? I don't think so ... this will only affect the No Tinker Mode.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
hm, though all modes? would be nice if you can put in into all modes... especially because the tooltip-infos
No Support via PM!!
There's another thing relating to the noob problem that came to my mind: I have seen a lot of players lately who do not seem to understand at all how the "mortar team"-skill of the heavy tank works, they either just use it in the middle of a 1on1-fight with another tank, or send the team right into enemy creeps, or basically know how to use it but send it right next to the tower, alone, without having creeps of one's own force nearby. The latter type probably only does it wrong once or twice, but when I tried to convince 2 or 3 people that they were using the skill in a wrong way, they wouldn't believe me and either called the skill useless or the map bugged. That might have been a singular experience of mine, but if anyone else experienced something alike we might want to think about a way to solve that, would it be possible to add a short explanation to the skill's description, like "Only use the team on buildings when you have creeps around, it dies very fast when attacked and is useless in combat against other players".
i think you know that it's not useless............ or?
In 1vs1 battles they are (if your creeps are upgraded to lvl 10) 1200 bonus hitpoints, and if there are overkills they are maybe 1400-1500 bonushitpoints
Now don't tell me that they are useless... 1500 hp more is sooo much in bt. No "enemy surviving" with 500 hp...........................
It's not noobish to send them, and never call someone a noob if you , don't know simple things like this.....
Grrrrr
psycho_dmr Wrote:hm, though all modes? would be nice if you can put in into all modes... especially because the tooltip-infos
Yes, this is what I meant. To make Pilot a default character regardless of game mode.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
why remove the tinker? Tinker is fun!

Make a noticeable button as with name btanks.de/forum on all tanks. When you learn your first skill, it automatically removes. Then more will notice this forum
Vomitus Wrote:No, not removing the tinker - just making another "tank" the default character. So you can still go and buy the tinker as your first tank or start using a light tank or whatever.
No Support via PM!!
Behindi.Btsg Wrote:i think you know that it's not useless............ or?
In 1vs1 battles they are (if your creeps are upgraded to lvl 10) 1200 bonus hitpoints, and if there are overkills they are maybe 1400-1500 bonushitpoints
Now don't tell me that they are useless... 1500 hp more is sooo much in bt. No "enemy surviving" with 500 hp...........................
It's not noobish to send them, and never call someone a noob if you , don't know simple things like this.....
Grrrrr

I was referring to players using them ONLY the way I described, and not in the way they are intended to be used. Also, I based my remark on the assumption of a game lasting up to an hour, in that case a Heavy Tank could be obtained after 40 minutes (or earlier, just to be able to calculate), which would mean that there have been 8 upgrades so far. It is plain useless to stand in front of your base towers, your enemy being, let's say, 2000 away from you, and cast mortar team so that they march with a couple of creeps. Of course you're right, in a 1on1 between equally equipped tanks, they can be useful, given that the tech lv is rather high. But rest assured, I was not talking about players who might consider such a calculation.
I had to put the claim you made to a test to see if the hp gained by summoning a mortar team are really of any help, so I started a game with AI just to see: I had a Big Tank after about 15-20 mins, I don't exactly remember, I started with Light Tank and two Apprentice Magic. The skill was on lv 4 I think, so they had 400 hp each, which is next to nothing, they died like flies, no use at all, especially with Plasma Rain, Electro Shock and similar AoEs .-.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1701/...732mt5.jpg
I know some friends of mine, that I don't care about battle tanks anymore, regardless of version cuz they gone bored of warcraft generally. Also know a friend that stopped playing btanks, cuz the old liga system was removed. I barely heard from him since then. The removal of league system might have demoralized many BT players.
yep, thats why we try to establish a new ladder-system.
No Support via PM!!
We lost henry12 and shift1Sad

but some are happy with the change that the reinforcements give 5 troops instead of 10.
the league system works... i just tied it once online, and as long as you have your pw in strg+V you can start a league game about as fast as in other versions...
most just dont try it
Bob666 Wrote:the league system works... i just tied it once online, and as long as you have your pw in strg+V you can start a league game about as fast as in other versions...
most just dont try it

Good example of showing how easy it's to start a league game.

I do exactly the same, but I'm unlucky cuz there is almost never 2 league players on each team, and they all have to agree on it (type -league and password).
-whosleague was very popular aswell, perhaps we should begin having such a list in the map again? only for -whosleague, players may still be able to play in the league even if a new version isnt yet released... it will then display something like that:

League Players registered before this version:
Bob666, psycho_dmr, Phoenix-Exodus

(well, we have a banlist for that reason, but nobody uses the safelist...)
A few uses the safelists. Like me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New players are kicked from the game goranie 7 6,888 2014-03-30, 07:54:03
Last Post: Max
  AFK counter vs kick system with less players / re-kick timer / multi-afk griffin1987 1 2,977 2014-01-23, 00:46:23
Last Post: Exodus
  good that air ship is been upgraded what how heli 091846 21 18,015 2013-12-19, 17:47:31
Last Post: Flygplan
  Players doing nothing BENNIE.FM 2 3,588 2012-10-16, 09:02:03
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Team Stil Kicking Players psycodiver 3 4,024 2011-05-14, 16:42:44
Last Post: psycodiver