Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boring titan wars?
It is really a waste of time to play a 2 hr game because of Endless titan war( = boring= camping = tennis)
Sometimes we have too much money to spend because all slots are occupied with cells or frost lasers
Sometimes turtlers Were seiged hard, no chance to get to shop or counter enemy's base. It is really frustrated that u lose a game with 20k or more.

here comes the solution:
expensive, but high dmg seige item:

NUCLEAR Missle

One-time used item,launched from home base
dmg: 40k
target: inaccurately,hit a random spot in enemy's main base, 1000 range
cost: 20k
flying time: 20 sec after alarm being alerted
cooldown: 5 mins
We have the bomb for that. I'd say your suggestion is for a more expensive bomb basically(with some ability,damage range differences). If you want to nuke the base, do what my clan has done in some very well timed games. Place three bombs approx 0.5sec after each other so they blow up one after the other.

Its gg from that. The damage may be close to your proposed nuke and cost less.

I find there are very few games where it ends with everyone with titans, all frosts(upgraded) and 20k to spare. For that to happen people are either not sieging bases correctly or are purposefully dragging the game.

I agree that it would be nice to have a item for such rare situations.If you want a end game item that costs alot to help finish games like that, I think we need something different though to what you proposed as it really is very much like the bomb. Another stronger bomb with a few different attributes just seems to close to what we already have.

Sorry, I dont mean to insult you or the validity of your suggestion, just giving my opinion.
If u often play balanced pro games, u would find every game ended with titan wars and every game cost 2hr(normal) or 1 and half (HB). Yes, every games ended like that.
cyberrabies Wrote:We have the bomb for that. I'd say your suggestion is for a more expensive bomb basically(with some ability,damage range differences). If you want to nuke the base, do what my clan has done in some very well timed games. Place three bombs approx 0.5sec after each other so they blow up one after the other.

Its gg from that. The damage may be close to your proposed nuke and cost less.

I find there are very few games where it ends with everyone with titans, all frosts(upgraded) and 20k to spare. For that to happen people are either not sieging bases correctly or are purposefully dragging the game.

I agree that it would be nice to have a item for such rare situations.If you want a end game item that costs alot to help finish games like that, I think we need something different though to what you proposed as it really is very much like the bomb. Another stronger bomb with a few different attributes just seems to close to what we already have.

Sorry, I dont mean to insult you or the validity of your suggestion, just giving my opinion.
the high cooldown of your item isn't really an issue, since people will just buy them and drop the item until the next 5 minutes have passed.
What would be the purpose of the alarm? Since the missile cannot be stopped, and all the base buildings are fixed.

Quote:Sometimes turtlers Were seiged hard, no chance to get to shop or counter enemy's base. It is really frustrated that u lose a game with 20k or more.
that sounds like a good thing to me. If you get locked in your base, the more advanced weapons/tanks should not be available.

When a titan is maxed out, the respawn time is over 60 seconds, one decent gank means game over - the stall is broken.

If you really dislike the campers so much, perhaps the -conquest victory option should be explored.

Besides, if the game is getting to that stage you should be using up lots of cash when placing and repacking the factories - and to a lesser extent breakers
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Titan wars are the most damn boring thing ever, i mostly play inhouse (aka clan games) and it only ever goes to titan wars, we need a high cost high damage weapon to use in these games.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
We just need a solution to make attacking the base/finish the game easier and faster, but until now we have no good solution, even tho there are discussions about that since a very long time in the development parts of the forum. :/
Well titan wars are boring since they are the only ultimate end game tank. Infernal is more mobile but it's weaker. Hunter is very good, but easier to kill. Also titan wars mostly happens in high bounty games, it's more rare in normal games but it happens there as well. But still it's little variation to the gameplay when the game gets so far. At start you have a ton of tanks to choose, but as the game elapses you get less tanks to pick.

A possible solution is to add more super expensive tanks. The main problem is that we lack tank models that are good enough and could fit into battle tanks. The mountain giant is a possible ingame model of choice as a expensive robot imo, but the mappers would really prefer a tank vehicle. But it would be awesome with a super heavy end game tank that really looks like a tank and not a walker.

Anarchibedhlam at hiveworkshop is making epic tank models, but problem is that his models isn't submitted yet, so we have to wait until he finish those super siege tanks models.
Titan wars are unavoidable. Even if you add bigger tanks and weapons, there will always be a limit where everyone has all the most expensive stuff.

As for a super bomb, what would stop people from only playing defensively until they have enough to press the magical 100k end game button. Talk about boring...

The solution has been around for a while: Conquest mode
It can be avoid!
imagine this:
u launched a nuclear missile, u have 20 sec to tele to enemy's main base and your allies come as well. In order to avoid hit by nuncear missile, they(turtlers) must disperse their formation. Unlucky players will be killed or seriously hurt. The seige side have more chance to finish a war. Usually the side launching such an expensive missiles is led by team players and they deserve a win like this.

Ring- Wrote:Titan wars are unavoidable. Even if you add bigger tanks and weapons, there will always be a limit where everyone has all the most expensive stuff.

As for a super bomb, what would stop people from only playing defensively until they have enough to press the magical 100k end game button. Talk about boring...

The solution has been around for a while: Conquest mode

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long games - Supercell ; Titan Max 2 3,428 2014-03-28, 16:58:19
Last Post: Max
  HP Upgrades to beat Titan Wars Teo_live 26 20,209 2012-09-06, 16:55:43
Last Post: Teo_live
  2 Hour Titan Wars Boobies 16 11,443 2011-07-08, 12:48:27
Last Post: Smartie
  Ending Long & Boring games Dr.McNinja 3 1,964 2009-04-01, 17:05:17
Last Post: Vomitus
  Titan vs Skyfortress has no stun Gammagulp 13 5,763 2008-08-27, 22:57:34