Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compare Heavy tank Armor to scout defensive system
Well I think this skills are not well adopted to the tank value.

Scout: Lvl5 Defensive System of Scout: 50Hp healing/Sec and -15% overall damage.

Heavy Tank: Lvl5 Armor: -100damage of physical attack but at least 15damage.
--> Against lasertower: -50% till -70% damage
--> Against canon Towers lvl 5 maybe (when you reach armor lvl 5 first time maybe): -66%
0% absorption against weapons and Skills

The heavy tank get lessre damage, but the scout would heal 500HP over 10 seconds :wink:

I think that both skills are not well balanced between a 250Gold tanks and a 5500Gold tank. I think the defensive system for the Heavy tank would make the heavy tank even more popular :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I no longer use heavy tank at all. Dont enjoy any of its skills.

I'd really like to see it more like a 'tank' (tanking damage) kind of tank. But then there is the earth bot. Heavy tank doesnt seem to have a purpose.
๏̮๏
I think the changing of the ultimate makes it too bad. Next to lowering the stun time --> 0,6 seconds at level 3Smile
Giving the armor an additional heal would improve it a bit. To the ultimate I already wrote an extra ThreadSmile

[Scout +Gold hull "nearly" = HeavySmile ]
Random Player
Dr.McNinja Wrote:I no longer use heavy tank at all. Dont enjoy any of its skills.
I'm playing the heavy less lately. The ulti sucks big time and you can never hit pros with it's slow firing start, they have a good time dodging.... Only useful against structures cuz they don't dodge. I think Exodus should rework the timing here cuz it looks weird when you move afterwards and the shots comes from.... nowhere

Btw in somewhere about the pre 8.00 versions, the heavy tank had a 5% damage reduction pr level skill. The earth robot has the 4% reduction ability, so I don't think it would be such a big deal...
Should be interesting. When a heavy tank with lvl5 armor meets a scout with gold hull, lvl 5 defensive system and same weapons in "nowhere" (no creeps). Who would win?

Maybe scout with lvl 3 rune carving produce an additional 25% healer during fight - also he builds his tower with about 2.200 Hp ^^. Then heavy tank uses mortars and so on. But if both fight with 3 basic magics i would say the scout lvl 15 would beat a heavy tank lvl 15. I should try out with a mate Big Grin

(öhm... I forget the scout got about 40-50 Speed more than the heavy tank)
Random Player
I praised the heavy's ult change before because in theory, it would take more skill to use well, but its just too hard to use to be useful (compared with the old ult or other ults).

Heavy has 2 benefits for which i may consider getting it:

- Built-in siege pack
- Long range nuke (stun is next to nothing)

Instead of changing the ult, he should changed the stun attack. There are too many generic stun rockets already. My version would be a giant tank shell that moves VERY fast, keeping the same damage/range/stun as it is now. It suits the tank more.
๏̮๏
Dont forget rocket + ulti combo. Deals really good damage at a safe distance (around 3k at level 13). And HT is the best way to deal with nasty tinkers. I preffer HT in pub games where at least 1 tinker exist. And early siege is hard with other tanks except HT.

Though in a pro game it is nearly total useless. Impossible to hit with ulti. Rocket too slow to hunt down. Siege is 2-3 use good and after useless. Heavy Armor does really nothing..
What i can suggest is remaking Heavy Armor and a little speeding rocket.
If everybody agrees with remaking armor than you can open a new topic for this. By this time i can think a good skillBig Grin
Trolololo
I like the ulti as it his.
Cocnerning the armor skill, it is true that it sucks a lot. The scout defensive skill is really good. (didn't i say the scout is imba for is price?)
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Can't agree to your complaining about the heavy ulti. Even in intern games I can play heavy quite well in mid. The problem i see (and allready mentioned) is the weakness of heavy against troop command on side lanes. The Buff I suggested lately in the dev. forum was to add to the current heavy ulti the old ulti in a shorter range creep only version, to deal with that problem.

@ Armor compared to defensive system: At first: I'm not sure, but is the defensive system really -15% overall damage and not just magic damage like gobo for example?

In general: It is, in my opinion, wrong to compare single skills. The balance of a tank is underdetermined by the single skills without their interaction in the context of the gametime. Playing scout with enough experience for lvl 5 defensive system is in most cases bad, regardless of the skill being stronger than a certain heavy skill in 1-to-1 skill comparison. At that time the scout has one really usefull active skill, the net. It has no skills dealing any damage, so there will be quite a lot of mana. The Heavy has 2 (to 3 with mortars) very usefull active skills which can deal damage, so he is low on mana most of the time. It is natural that passive skills are more usefull when the tank needs mana for the other skills, which legitimates the weaker passive skill of the heavy tank. Nevertheless the armor might need a little buff, like reducing the 'damage taken at least' by 1 per lvl to 15/14/13/12/11.

Quote:Should be interesting. When a heavy tank with lvl5 armor meets a scout with gold hull, lvl 5 defensive system and same weapons in "nowhere" (no creeps). Who would win?
Even if the scout would win, what does that say to us? Nothing. Battletanks is more complex than just playing 1on1 tank x vs tank y. Heavy is way more flexible and usefull, for example in 3v3 in mid.
Well, mainly I want to give feedback to the Heavy tank armor. And when I found out, that comparable skills are better - no matter 1on1 - I think it should be buffed. Thats allSmile
Random Player
Prog Wrote:@ Armor compared to defensive system: At first: I'm not sure, but is the defensive system really -15% overall damage and not just magic damage like gobo for example?
That's true, only magic and spell damage is reduced, but no physical damage.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I find the new heavy ulti hard to handle somehow.
Maybe if you could click a direction and not activate it at your sight would make it better.
On the contrary I like the armor skill, it is very handy against ghost tank and mass creeps.
Allthough again the old ulti was better somehow, when driving in those bunches of creeps.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
I used to think tank armor worked and/or did something useful.

It would have been great laser defence. Laser does 80 dmg, minus 40 for the tank armor, is half damage from lasers.

But unfortunately, tank armor does nothing versus enemy tanks? Great ability!
batrider Wrote:I used to think tank armor worked and/or did something useful.

It would have been great laser defence. Laser does 80 dmg, minus 40 for the tank armor, is half damage from lasers.

But unfortunately, tank armor does nothing versus enemy tanks? Great ability!

not at all: It protects you against minions created by the demon tank, the infernal tank. Summons from the Guard tank and the Ghost tank. And summons from the troop command/adv troop command.
It protects you from tinker tower damage too.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new bounty and spree system Wupti 15 14,244 2014-06-12, 05:45:00
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  Tank Mana/Energy Balancing gozo1985 0 2,623 2014-04-25, 02:35:56
Last Post: gozo1985
  AFK counter vs kick system with less players / re-kick timer / multi-afk griffin1987 1 2,681 2014-01-23, 00:46:23
Last Post: Exodus
  Thunder tank BENNIE.FM 8 5,557 2013-02-26, 11:54:04
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
Thumbs Down Compare between Shortrange and Longrange Perfektionist 63 50,249 2013-02-07, 13:03:15
Last Post: 091846