Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduce Teleporter Range or increase costs.
TKF Wrote:Well, 3500 range is quite a bit.

But a tinker gets that for free at lv5 teleport.

yes a tinker gets 3500range INSTANT teleport for free and the antigrav gets a jump with 2200 range for 1400gold
i think its not balanced!

ok.. the jump has a lower cooldown and less mana cost, but tinker costs nothing!
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
At level 1, either arent very good. If level 10, then you would have it leveled to 3 i think, which is 2250 range. Antigrav jump is 1400 range at level 3. You could argue someone might switch to tinker later, but who really would (just to get free tp)? A tinker has very low potential in gaining money or levels compared to antigrav since it needs to buy a starting hull, decreasing its starting farming capability. Most games that is, some tinkers can survive for ridiculously long without a hull and some antigravs may succeed well into late game.

So tinker costing nothing is not true, if you switch to tinker late in the game when you are near level 25 (lv5 teleport) then you lose gold on that. If you play tinker to nearly level 25, then your team may have already won or you are facing weak opposition so such an 'imbalance' would do little.

And its not imbalanced! Your comparison is imbalanced (you said everything i wanted to say - "lower cooldown and less mana cost")

:lol:
๏̮๏
Well our Dr. Ninja says it quite neutral. An antigrav with level 1 jump just gets 600range. When using it the antigrav stucks for short (maybe 0,2seconds) and then he "flies" fast to the aimed point and can get damaged during that. I earned a big "LOOOOOL" when I killed an antigrav with demolisher artillery strike quiet lucky while he jumped :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (Also weapons fire while antigrav is jumping)

So jump is not teleport at all. That the tinker is no real endgame tank were you go after a heavy tank or so is another point Dr.McNinja is right.
The Teleporter in comparison with damage, stun and fighting skills is strong; not with tinker skills.

I agree, that when teleporter got lower range and maybe a little casting delay 15mana is better than 25. After all its exo´s descision Big Grin
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I am against delay for teleport but at reduction of range would be interesting.
People would have to pay more attention to the map and its structure. (cliff, tree...)
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Thats an interesting point too. Up to now you jump from lane to mid or mid to lane so easy and nearly ever past the terrain in between by teleporting (not important for air). It only happens accidently because you were just a little little to far away for 3500 range and land infront of some trees Big Grin .

Where is the problem with 0,3sec casting delay. Even if the enemy clicks stun rocket instantly, till it reaches your tank you should be already teleportet away. Only an instant stun like frost robot could work when your reacting time is like 0.1 Seconds and you look in the correct direction :mrgreen:
Random Player
Gammagulp Wrote:Thats an interesting point too. Up to now you jump from lane to mid or mid to lane so easy and nearly ever past the terrain in between by teleporting (not important for air). It only happens accidently because you were just a little little to far away for 3500 range and land infront of some trees Big Grin .

Where is the problem with 0,3sec casting delay. Even if the enemy clicks stun rocket instantly, till it reaches your tank you should be already teleportet away. Only an instant stun like frost robot could work when your reacting time is like 0.1 Seconds and you look in the correct direction :mrgreen:

Because I already have delay and I don't use special tier shortcut program to active teleport, i do it with the mouse, so the delay is already there. Making a delay would penalize lagger much more than others. And you will not be able to use teleport to run off teleport attack jump.
People dont play with 0 lag, dont forget that ^_^
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
You can't dodge skills like lava shot or rockets with 0.3sec delay. Would make the game more boring imo.
or what about making the teleport that it teleports you in the dircetion, you looking at.
so you need a bit more skill and aim
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
Prog Wrote:You can't dodge skills like lava shot or rockets with 0.3sec delay. Would make the game more boring imo.
Well tinker teleport dodging is well knows. He must not have delay and the exploder will suck hard.

Well do you dodge lava shots with the teleporter item? I have yet to see a tank with teleporter dodging that ability, other than tinker and exploder. Actually after playing BT very much, I haven't see a tank dodging lava shot using tp item yet.
Haha! a great reason why i love frostbot - instant stun.

There are two tanks that can do this i believe, frostbot and guard. Dont think people quite consider enough the speed of stun projectiles - rocket is the slowest and demon tank is a bit faster. However, heavy tank's slow rocket also has a massive range so extra range can also be it's downfall (by not considering the extra range and slow speed, they dont think about the enemy escaping).

What about a new funky hybrid teleporter? Fairly simple, when you cast at a location (instant), your tank will move at max speed in that direction for a second or two, then completing the teleport. Standing still for a tp could work but isnt suited to battlefield use. Or maybe even a antigrav jump/tp hybrid, where you tank is 'jumped' 25% distance then teleported. It could have millions of uses! - aim it far for longer jump, but at the end of 25% you will teleport away from the battle. 50% distance might work better. Much fun!
๏̮๏
You mean some kind of acceleration in the teleportet direction before teleport. Sounds nice Smile.

And yes, I saw some tinker guys evading demolisher artillery shot and light tank rocket. I would keep the abilities as they are, I just talk about the item.

More little jumps with 0,5 - 1sec acceleration to maximum speed maybe without being blocked by units and terrain would be also nice Smile
Random Player
Seeing people dodge stuns and nukes is extremely rare because a lot of the time, the benefit is not worth losing your TP.
The tp can be worth a lot more than just taking a bit more damage. Dodging is easy when you have the upper and are expecting it, with your tp already clicked so you can jump as soon as they skill (to get rid of their stun/nuke) or just because you can.

When escaping, a lot of the time i tp out of luck, much luckier than others. You have to be fast and if you just happen to tp right after they use skill on you, it will look like you have 'dodged' when really its luck. I have definitely dodged lava shot before, but tp is worth more in escaping or getting a kill.

Do you people dodge with tp?
๏̮๏
When infernal is jumping at me and i am not infernal, titan and so on - definatively yes :mrgreen:

(except I would be exploderTongue which is absolutely rare)
Random Player
Well its much easier when you have a hotkey for tp, i mean for normal tanks, in combat. Actually clicking the tp icon and the right spot WHILE still moving around is quite hard. (unless you have macro binding your tp to a shortcut)

I think that alone is why people dont dodge, its to much trouble and people arent that fast combined with varying amounts of delay.
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Increase heavy missile speed griffin1987 4 4,234 2013-08-28, 06:17:04
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Early Game Short Range UnifiedDoom 11 11,144 2013-02-21, 11:57:32
  Q skill range : shredder and storm ckibibi 12 11,153 2012-10-25, 23:58:30
  Reduce Text output ssl 5 4,265 2012-05-13, 19:12:22
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Range Weapons Grischa187 3 4,008 2012-01-04, 00:52:43