Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solution to Feeders - Please Read
First of all, I'd just like to say that I really like how much the league has progressed so far - thanks to the devs and admins for all your hard work. While the quality of play has continued to increased, I've found one consistent problem ruining my games: noobs.

The Situation - Noobs Ruin Games:
In what seems like 1 out of every 2 or 3 games, there are usually 1 or in some cases 2 noobs per team. They feed, they fail to engage in any kind of meaningful teamplay, they don't defend. They are x2 worse than not having a player at all because they enable the other team to be incredibly strong. In short, they completely ruin the game for everyone else, usually causing one team to be far more handicapped than other.

The Solution - Add a 10 game recent K:D criteria to play in league games:
Most of the players I consider to be "noobs" flat out have horrible scores every game they play. They are different than medicore players, who sometimes have positive or negative K:Ds. If we track the K:D over the last 10 games and block anyone with something like <1:2 ratio, it will make the overall quality of league games far better. This also allows noobs to "graduate" to the league once they can demonstrate that they won't feed horribly in qualify.

Given how often league games launch and that noobs account for < 10% of league players, I don't think this will slow down how fast games launch.

Btanks community, your thoughts?
-General Pwn
Well the K:D qualify requirements might be interesting, but it depends what the mappers think about it and if it's possible to track it.
I absolutely hate K:D requirements. League is no elitist-thing, it's still a public area and should be a place to learn the game.

Also it would encourage players close to falling below the requirements to steal as many kills as possible.
I think you misunderstand Prog. Players will not be prevented from being members of the community or from learning how to play. The exact point is that league is NOT the place to learn how to play the BASICS of the game - Qualify is. My whole point is that the bottom 10% or so of league players are SO bad, that they ruin the games for the other 90%. It shouldn't have to be that way.

Also, I completely disagree about the kill stealing point. There is a very clear delineation between players that absolutely 100% should not be in league YET (until they get better) and most everyone else. I can do some analysis to determine what the exact K:D ratio should be, but trust me there won't be many people "on the cusp".

As an example, in the vast majority of the games I play in, most players are usually about 0.5:1 to about 10:1 and i've seen most players have good and bad games, including myself. I've even had games where I was 1:3 or 1:4 and I've had games where I was 10:1. My point is that the really noob players are almost always way way way worse. Like 1:10 ish.

Again, like I said, I'll do some analysis to find the best cutoff point. It's prolly something closer to 2:5.
I didn't misunderstand you, I just disagree as much as anyone could possibly disagree.
Wow, I'm really surprised by that. I can't think of one other player that wants noobs in league games.

Perhaps you should start a poll to see what the community thinks. I'll also start saving replays to support my argument for why noobs should not be allowed in league.
In my opinion, League is for everyone, who can at least stay a game. How good he is, is another question. If you want your UBER-PRO-GOSU-League, create one and invite players to play with ya.
last 2 days in btl bots inter : 2-25 9-22 and so forth..sry m8 h8 the living crap out of them n fed up to here. game is ruined soon if this new kick syst carries on u ll c the real decrease in popularity.it is in my understanding that it has to be a huuuuuge difference in kill deaths ratio..thats bullshit plain n simple i know at least 7-10 ppl who r good enough plyrs wanna learn the game and just get rly fast disappointed and get thrown down to the worse ranks when they see a dick who never listens therefore never gonna learn and several times just cause u guys messed the kick system vote they say: blackmail ok i go feed on purpose.this is a load of crap in all fairness mostlly they r usa ppl who even if being blamed as a racist i rly dont care as x-files said the truth is out there...enough with this crap. change the kick system i like how the team only votes but 4 the love of god if a retarded kid with lamme lifestyle comes in my game why should i get a stomach ache just cause of their stupid commends/flaming mother vegina w/e the hell a brindead smart ass who (hope) gets too much bullied in school n then takes it out on online games and retarded statements of ok i suck u told me that i know it but just so U said it ill ruin ur game and flame u the rest of the play time.that's a load of bullshit!if they wanted to learn a)they would ask and listen more experienced ppl like we all did when we started any kind of game and b) wouldn't fuck this up by purposely feeding their ass off.tbh im up to the point of deciding of after 6 yrs of btanks if i dont i see an intelligent change in kick syst to stop playing.and i hope every1 who loved and still loves the map that some of us practically grew up with to go on a strike also...being unskilled is 1 thing.being a lowlife BRAT is another...im not their mommy to put up with their shitty behavior.and plz im begging u...dont go on n say anything about replays n ban request u have atm 3 accounts i have like 20 and just about any1 can make a new 1 spam a few games in btq bot and here we go again.and even in btq???why the hell should any1 put up with ppl that only know how to behave like a teenager in a fucked up hormonal disorder.it all leads down to kick system.its still gonna be abused but atm the ways things r velo n paladon r like mother Teresa and gandy giving a murder x10 more 2nd chances for only 1 good deed.. i am sry for not being so forgiving but i have also a lot more serious real problems than to put up with kids that only know to behave so arrogantly n spoiled down to the point of making me feel like they were raised to believe the whole world is part of their brothel and we are all their little whores..we all go afk we all may have a really bad day n feed like nuts..but plzzzzz at least give us the freedom to decide if the guy here is actually here to have fun with us or just to piss the hell out of us either with feeding or by flaming...i keep seeing the plyr (name) wants to kick plyr (name) no reason. well hello is this only for graphics shake?if reason is flaming give it 0 requirements if reason is feeding 10+ than kills and bb c u in qualify after stats drop, and even yet i pitty any1 who gets the guy that belongs in the category of just being a plain cunt both bots since they r the worse and W I L L N E V E R L E A R N.that's where i stand after seeing so many infuriating brats who don't simple cut it for the type of to quote uber super dubber pro skilled games but can hardly register as muti molecular organism ...in killing the fun out of all of us including other team even if they or me when the w/e brat's name is is an enemy and winning.im 26 and even if i go 666 im still not gonna be ''mature'' enough to ignore ppl who r out there to ruin my relaxation time and u know what? IM NOT SUPPOSED TO!!no1 is! that would be masochistic...that's why prisons and mental institutes were created in the 1st place so that disfactional members of society r kept the hell away from the rest of us...
OT: wall of text, there is no shame breaking your post into paragraphs
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Sometimes a good team-oriented build will require you to not get kills, or to take a suicide to distract a cp, etc. I disagree with this measure - like I disagree with the point system that gets bonified with K:D. YES: better players die less and kill more in general; NO: good killers don't make good teammates or good tank players in general.
Beorn i couldnt agree more with u n u just described my play style in a serious game.However if u dont know this quote learn it as yrs r passing by u ll see how absolutelly true it is:
Nothing more infinite than the universe,
than humanity's stupidity.
Beorn, I see your point. I myself have games where i'm 40-10 or 20-30. There's a swing. My point is that OVERALL, i.e. ON AVERAGE, non-noob players will have a K:D above some threshold. It doesn't have to be 1:1, perhaps just 1:2. My point is that the worst noobs feed excessively and so their ratios are almost always really bad. I've never met a single good support player with consistently shit K:D. If you know of one, please link their stats page from the league.

Let's look at 4 players on the spectrum from super noob to pro: GEN_Schwarzkopf has the worst K:D of any regular non-noob player I know. His play style is usually a form of support (hunter) and while he's not a great player, he's certainly not someone we would want kicked. His overall K:D is 14:19, or ~73%. Killsalot, on the other hand, is the prime example of the type of person we want kicked. His ELO is 1300 something and he consistently ruins the games he plays in. His average K:D is about 6:19, or ~30%. My stats are 23:17, or ~135%. Ofenkartoffe1 is currently ranked #2 overall, with almost 3:1 game win ratio and a K:D of 41:17, or ~230%

Granted, these stats are their overall averages - last 20 games isn't currently tracked. But I think you see my point... I think the right threshold is somewhere around 1:2 ~50%. It can be tweaked with trial and error.

killsalot
http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=707

GEN_Schwarzkopf
http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=527

General_Pwn
http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=329

Ofenkartoffe1
http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=115

Also remember that in my proposal, improving your K:D of your last 20 games in qualify will allow you to "graduate" into ranked. If you perform poorly in ranked, you will be demoted back to qualify, and so on and so forth.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  for admins! please read maybe you can help me jojoy 5 4,310 2015-04-14, 22:31:20
Last Post: bitlanul
  [League] solution to handle leavers? eSVau 23 12,647 2010-06-01, 23:20:49
Last Post: AGGInator