Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disable putting wards, mines and factories in enemy base
i dont think you should be able to put mines, tp breakers, factories and the such in the enemies main base. it destroys an exploders chance to defend, mines reduce mobility, and in general in this patch i think defending main base is too hard (especially with the new upgrade system). anywhere the enemy can not teleport to should be off limits to placing placing factories and such.
LOL thats my favourite past time. If thats removed then... ill cry.

Maybe tweak it because putting huge mines in enemies spawn is quite mean. It pwns noobs but honestly, against pros they'll just get a ward in base or something.
Very good noob-pwnerer.

When i do it, i place my huge mines next to towers and factories to harm them even more.
๏̮๏
making the whole main base an exclusion zone seems unnecessarily harsh, but a small aoe (say 600) around the respawn point (between the barracks and the castle) seems like a fine Idea to me.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
If a player manages to get into the enemy base and plant mines or build facts or do whatever without getting killed instantly, than that should be rewarded. Otherwise some (end-)games would take even longer.
Is SC2 - Battle Tanks out yet?
Dr.Popitz, have you played or seen the new trader? I can get into their base easily and back to cp before my trader ult finishes (7s).

But i love putting stuff in the base, its fun. One 'strategy' for fun was to put factories in their respawn zone behind the castle, have ally tp in, and put another fact and then whole team comes and gg. Either that or it fails miserably.Big Grin

One possibility is a warning message, a small one that says
"Enemy has deployed mines in your base".
"Enemy has deployed teleport breakers in your base"
"Enemy has deployed wards in your base"
"Enemy has deployed a factory in your base"
"Enemy has deployed a bomb in your base"
"Enemy has teleported or jumped into your base"

Just a line of text that floats for a few seconds.

Having that 600 aoe 'free' zone in the respawn area isnt too bad an idea but if yorue that crazy then youve probably won the game or trying to do something risky. Maybe disallow mines in that area.
๏̮๏
Such an abuse of the trader is interesting although I doubt that it was intended. I’ve seen the new trader two or three times now. One was trading undisturbed. One was hunted by me. (I never knew trader hunter pack is so useful. Not only for hunting traders.) And one was constantly laying mines. (I stated my thoughts about that somewhere else in this forum.)

To the topic: I have to admit that my last post may not have been clear enough. I endorse a “safety zone” around the spawn and I even would recommend to make it larger than 600. Maybe 900. But I consider it to be absolutely fair to put stuff in the “outer” areas of the base.
The “safety zone” however should not count for bombs.

I don’t really like the warning messages. You always should have one eye on the mini map so you see opponents approaching your base. If there had to be a message then please a simple “An Enemy has entered your base”. You still can check what he did there after that.

(Uhm… I just realize one thing… What the hell is a ward?)
Is SC2 - Battle Tanks out yet?
Ward= Teleport breaker.
I think planting Mines in the base and planting factories in the inner base is not that good.
Facts in the outer area(maybe 500range away from the spawning facts) are ok. Mines should not be possible to be planted next to spawning factories - I did it with the old flying trader too - and it was extremely effective, because you can do "nearly" nothing against it.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
or maybe make that shield around all faczorys of the base and the special buildings (HQ and vehiclefactory).
i also think a radar for important buildings would be good but a total base shield isnt that good
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
@Dr.Popitz
Its not a problem until you cant SEE the enemy go into your base which is what i believe this is talking about. About people getting stealth or trader, teleporting next to base and walking in. Smarter people go invisible before teleporting in, but this would reduce the time stealthed while walking in.

My suggestion is small and the yield is similarly small, nothing game changing or even that useful if you are good at being aware of enemy movements and intentions - i.e. do they have mines/bomb/facts/smoke/tp in their inventory?
๏̮๏
I suppose you also suggest that the nuke not be able to be planted in the base, so the defending team can watch from a safe distance and enjoy the sight. We should give them free radiation suits also, to prevent them being damaged by fallout. And don't forget the sun-glasses so they don't get blinded. Always look after your enemies' wellbeing.
Well if you mean the bomb for 3k+ - we dont talk of that. We are talking of mines and mybe factory. if you can manage to plant a bomb you have to stand still 3 seconds and def its HP in endgame its hard enough and shouldnt be forbiddedSmile
Random Player
to the bomb: i agree with gamma but you can make the planting of the bomb easy with smoke generator, BUT if some special buildings would have radar(true sight) it would be very hard...
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
Luckily we have the 7 second windwalk and 7 second invulnerability shield trader. At end game its probably worth changing to trader for the hax.Big Grin

Done right, 100% success in planting bomb. Problem is, while you dont die, bomb might.

Wasting 8k on 2 failed bombs sucks but i didnt die either times.
๏̮๏
i'm so dissapointed in wolverine
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Well - I played a lot of no trader games McNinja - buying a trader in endgame isnt possible thenWink

And yes - if 2 titans use a skill and maybe got good weapons your bomb die in the middle of the base just after 1.5 secondsWink
Also it costs 3250 or so. It a chance to rush the base siege, but also a risk.
Random Player
Changing to trader at end game isnt a straightforward thing. End game = you know who wins. So after however long, a comeback is pretty much out of the question, you change to trader. If you arent important, then no prob. You just need to quickly get enough wood to hold bomb ingredients, then get the ingredients which could take too long. BUT when selling, I buy mines and place them next to enemy buildings. This is leet hax.

In games where you can break defense, this will work well. I know one game very recently where i could probably have won if i went trader. Team left, 2v3 or 2v4 and they overpowered us with a massive comeback, after taking and losing the map several times, almost 2 hours long. Nothing can destroy mines. Mines can destroy bombs. Mines *can* also be a leet defense against enemy bombers, not so much if enemy has trader bomber.

Let me rephrase:
Trader late-game is possible, not a good idea unless you know what youre doing
Mines on trader = 1337 hax.Big Grin
๏̮๏
benben10 Wrote:i dont think you should be able to put mines, tp breakers, factories and the such in the enemies main base. it destroys an exploders chance to defend, mines reduce mobility, and in general in this patch i think defending main base is too hard (especially with the new upgrade system). anywhere the enemy can not teleport to should be off limits to placing placing factories and such.

i do also like if everyone had immortal and not could die. Can anyone make an immortal mode please.Tongue
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spawning Factories UnifiedDoom 6 4,744 2011-10-03, 02:40:09
Last Post: GEN_Schwarzkopf
  Assist Mines PaPPa_D 0 1,772 2011-07-31, 09:38:55
Last Post: PaPPa_D
  Bomb our own base kingnounours 12 5,795 2010-11-20, 18:13:30
Last Post: AGGInator
  Make base towers replaceable again. Erwin_Rommel 17 8,952 2010-05-01, 13:54:12
Last Post: Althend
  No more Bombs in own base - why? griffin1987 15 6,644 2010-03-28, 17:11:50
Last Post: ssl