Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Architect tactics
i have been trying to figure out a good tactic for architect but i couldnt think of one.

plz submit any starting sets for leage (i.e. scout with basic cannon) and weapons to work towards when i have the architect.
Architect is kinda complicated to handle. It is a support tank that you hae to consider like a "buffer". For now I have developped only one build that I experimented in priv. It goes from a basic scout long range build/support rune to architect. As you can see in the replay, the usefulness of Architect is not really easy to see. Anyway architect is a mid tank.

Here is the first replay of a priv game with it

Attached Files
.w3g   architectexperiment1.w3g (Size: 1.62 MB / Downloads: 252)
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
what a funny replayBig Grin
Architect is a formidable dps adder which is a great threath to the enemy team. Also with the portal ability it's an important teamwork tank which might create "bridges" on the battlefield for quick retreat and attack routes. Very interesting hero.
im pretty unsure what to do with architect... ive tried light tank basic macig to architect ~13 mins
ive also tried demolisher with bow and then architect
doesnt seems very good tho because heavy tank seems much stronger with the ulti bombs

anyone has an idea?

oh and i cant watch the replay bc of older version :/ you have a newer 1?
Erwin_Rommel Wrote:anyone has an idea?
heavy is less a support tank than architect. play it as it's supposed to be and you'll see how useful it can be.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
i still havent found out how its supposed to be playedSad

thats why im asking for it
i myself used to take it after light tank+fireball cannon or medivac + molotov cocktail in the pre-beta versions as to maximize the damage output in mid range. it's quite powerful, as both the first skill and the splash cannon got (nearly) a sure hit quota, which may even hit leaving tanks. the ultimate is quite powerful for conquering for the damage done when killed, so it may even be used for some kinda kamikaze attack. ^^
didn't play it lately in any proper (league/intern) games though.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
I've been trying out architect a lot, and while I'm not a very good player, I'm happy to share my observations in the hope that it might help someone learn the tank faster.

Freezing Missile: This ability does up to 1000 AOE damage, and slows your target by up to 40%. The missile is very slow, but it has a slowing aura around it until it hits its target. Here are some suggestions:

1) Launch it and chase down your target.
2) Buy a teleporter so you can catch your enemies by surprise and hit them with it up close.
3) Use it on someone that's stunned. Then it will be harder for them to outrun you.
4) Use it on a creep instead of your target. If you accurately predict where your target will be, you may catch him with some surprise damage and initial slow.

Weapon Module: This is one of your more useful abilities. It adds a weapon (up to 400 dps) to your target temporarily. The duration (30s) combined with the cooldown (15s) means that you can only cast it on 2 tanks at a time. It really increases your team's dps in the area, though. So, you guys will be more effective. You can cast it on yourself.

Splash Cannon: This ability is very useful. I turn it on only during fights or good creeping opportunities because it consumes mana quickly. It's awesome for defending cps because it does AOE damage.

Portal: These fragile gates rapidly teleport units both ways between the 2 gates. There is a short cooldown for other untis to use the gate after it has been used. It gets shorter the higher the level of the ability. I usually just get this at level 1. I use them to allow rapid transport to and from dangerous areas. You can build it outside of the enemy's base for example to allow for a quick retreat or rapid transport to and from cp healing. I like to build one just before I start attacking their towers. If defenders show up, it's very easy to escape. I haven't used it this way, but it should be useful to assault enemy cp with an extra person. It's also free to use, so you can use this to make it cheaper for your team to get back and forth from base.

Pacifista (ultimate): This summons a unit to fight for you. It does decent damage, and it has a lot of health. It can also carry and use items. It also explodes when it dies, unless it is too far from you. It's blue when it's too far away. Here are some awesome ways to use this guy:

1) It can carry and use weapons. You can give it your old weapons or buy cheap ones from the junkyard to give you more dps. Sometimes you may find it useful to give it strong weapons and send it into a dangerous area. For example while attacking a base or to help attack a cp. It's slow, so it's helpful to give it a speed boost.
2) Since it is a separate unit, you can use 2 of various useful items like troop packs, orbital strike controls, and mines. Troop packs also increase the damage of this guy.
3) It has lots of health, so it's good at absorbing punishment from enemy tanks. Its health, damage, and explosion increase as it levels. At level 1 it has about 5k health. At level 4, I think it has about 15k (which is different from what the tooltip says).
4) You can use it like a tech mech to shop without wasting money on cp teleports. You could also buy teleport beacons, barricades, towers etc with it.
5) I like to send it into clusters of defending units on suicide missions. When it dies, it will do AOE damage to units around it. On the other hand be careful the explosion doesn't kill you or your allies.
6) Although its carried weapons aren't active while far away from you, you can still use its basic attack to creep in areas far away from you.
Concerning the portal, be careful. Enemy can use it too ^_^
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tactics 1 vs 2 MAD_CAT 0 2,238 2011-02-23, 18:46:21
Last Post: MAD_CAT
  I.T.S. and B.O.O.M. tactics Scelle 5 5,052 2010-07-19, 20:52:56
Last Post: Keiser
  Recovery Tactics: What do you do when you fall behind? Jayzer 13 9,808 2010-05-13, 08:54:02
Last Post: Keiser
  Effective siege tactics (text tsunami) RedNova 8 8,870 2009-10-05, 07:32:35
Last Post: GEN_Schwarzkopf
  Advanced Tactics and Strategies TKF 4 7,099 2008-05-17, 18:17:12
Last Post: ancientsurvivor