Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GET ASSIST FOR HELPING TO KILL SOMEONE
with my assist agreement i say that in order to say that you assisted someone with a kill you should have a limit to how much damage you have done. depending on the hp of the tank you should have to do a % of damage to the tank maybe at least 10% of the tanks max hp or say if you used your missle to stun that would be assisting. I have played many games were i got little kills and little gold off creeps, but i would always stun and help do damage to help get kills and do damage. having the assist gold would make the game easyer so your not far behind people on your team that are getting all the kills.
Mechbot9971 east coast (clan TGOD)
I like the system in dota very much.
There are certain Tanks and build which are not good in killing, but definitely are game breaking.
The Guardian with his healer for example.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Quote:mechbot9971 :
after playing battle tanks and dota i feel that battle tanks should have assist gold for each player that helped with a kill. Maybe a new map would be nice since it gets old playing the same one.

Quote:Horselance :
It is not possible due to attack of weapons cannot be detected. In dota you can calculate damages done to player so you can calculate if some1 assisted while other killed.
But in BT there is no chance of it.
Trolololo
well say if you almost kill someone, but they have a tp an someone on your team has a tp so they get the kill. that would be nice to get assist for that right? and that is why you would only get an assist if you caused a % of damage to that player. As in you stayed with someone to help kill, maybe bring that person down to half health, but your parner just got the last hit with a missle of weapon
the problem is you cannot detect the damage of a phonixfire bbased skill attack.
trust horselance, its not possible
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
Cant we at least detect damage through skills - like Rockets or ultimates ?
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Well im sure that there could be some way for it to be implemented in BT but the effort is simply not worth the gain.
๏̮๏
its not just the effort to programit, but also MAJOR performance issues coming with such a complex detection system (which i think is doable, in theory). its just not worth to implement such cosmetic stuff while making the game horribly lag.
Good point, on my old computer (which is still fairly solid) Btanks has been known to drop my /fps down to about 2 in the most hectic fights. I can only imagine more lag with damage detection. On THIS pc however i dont think it would be noticeable.

Add that to the list of reasons why not to have kill assists.

At #143287
๏̮๏
In TKF insane 1.22 mod he has hit detection, you can watch your swarm rocket or whatever you are using hit the enemy tank and it will show the damage you delt.
You need to ask him how he did it.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
There is no need to.
It's no damage detection system. He saves the life points of a tank like every second into a variable and displays the difference. With this system you don't know where the damage came from.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
thats true, furthermore the system doenst work exactly, sometimes the red coulered numbers show damge which differs up to 200 from the true dmg
I remember posting this topic and today I played a game of battle tanks for the first time in a while. I noticed now you get gold for assist and there's a new award for most assist. Is this because of my suggestion that this was added? If so that's awesome.Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  show dmg% from each tank after a kill instead of just assists unpredictable_m 0 1,592 2012-06-15, 04:44:29
Last Post: unpredictable_m
  Kill the creep!!! UUuuraahh ooow.. ooow sound AeroniumX 2 2,918 2012-04-04, 12:19:03
Last Post: applecheese
  kill bounty splitts to the team ? Helge_F 7 5,874 2011-05-16, 10:07:39
Last Post: AGGInator
  Add Kill assist system? TKF 7 4,681 2011-02-13, 23:44:06
Last Post: scron2
  Kill streak bonuses SCorpA1 13 4,678 2009-11-24, 18:31:38
Last Post: SCorpA1