Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antigrav and mines
I'm not sure if this is already known, but if an antigrav jumps onto an enemy mine, it does not detonate. The mine is still active, but it does not explode unless another hero steps on the mine, or the antigrav gets off and on again. This is probably caused by jump not triggering mines as it flies over them, then retaining this around the landing site.
It is quite intentional that the antigrav does not trigger mines as it jumps over them - in regards to triggering mines when it lands - i'll leave that to someone who is more knowledgabe. Could be looked at either way - a feature, or a bug.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
This is an intended feature implamented at times where demolisher was imba and antigrav unpopular.

Quote: 8.43 Added two new tanks: Scout and Sky Fortress
Placed two additional Healer-Runes on the map
Jump (Anti-Grav) no longer triggers Mines
Trade-Items now increase the bounty of the Trader 5 times as high
The AI now also buys the Tanks of the Tank Construction Hall (except Exploder)
Bombs are now disabled when the unit is caught in a net
Mines now also do 50% of their damage to allied units
The level of the Aura Upgrade is now also shown in the -tech command
Force Tower will no longer upgrade items
Fixed the damage bug when leveling Electro Aura (Thunder Tank)
Fixed the tech requirement bug of the Infernal Robot
Fixed some minor bugs
hm, bob is talking about the landing, right?

so that an antigrav dont trigger mines while flying is good and intended, but if it jumps on a mine, imho the mine should explode...
No Support via PM!!
If he lands on a mine and then moves in any way it explodes, so it makes not a really big difference.
Nope. An antigrav can safely walk? float? off the mine unscathed.
Prog Wrote:If he lands on a mine and then moves in any way it explodes, so it makes not a really big difference.

Just wait another 20 seconds and jump away again, or teleport. This especially comes into play when capturing CP's
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
GooglyBoogly Wrote:
Prog Wrote:If he lands on a mine and then moves in any way it explodes, so it makes not a really big difference.

Just wait another 20 seconds and jump away again, or teleport. This especially comes into play when capturing CP's

Exactly that was intended to implement a good counter to mines. You can jump to the demolisher, but you need to be carefull and then you can jump back. This is an intended feature.

If your interested the whole demolisher mine discussion can be found here: http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=778
You can actually move off the mine if you landed in the detonation area. It doesn't detonate until you or an ally walks onto the detonation area again.
Hallo ich habe einen BuG zufällig gefunden...

Wie man hier auf dem Bild sehen kann kann man mit dem Antigrapv in dieses Stück "Wasser" springen kann.
Ich habe dies entdeckt, weil die Bots, mit denen bzw. einer, mit dem ich gespielt habe da hinein gesprungen ist !

Hier der Sreenshot:

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

der timoBig Grin you have to write english or otherwise use the german section of the forum
---->http://forum.btanks.net/viewforum.php?f=49
---->neues thema
---->schreiben
at least he marked the screenshot in a way that we can see whats the reason why the antigrav could get there (jump). Tongue

anyways, nice report, although the map already has 13451387 invisible doodads just to prevent stuck positions, each report helps to get the map better.
So is this a bug? Or just another boon for the anti-grav
Ohh sorry,

I don´t Know that I must write in English...
My english is not perfect, bet I think is that does it ^^
well if you must use the engrish forum, you could put your text into google translate
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  antigrav ulti ckibibi 3 3,562 2011-04-16, 12:38:37
Last Post: Exodus
  Funny bug with antigrav KranK 5 4,224 2010-06-02, 13:13:35
Last Post: KranK
  8.68 Antigrav teleport bug sidmoon 2 3,125 2010-05-30, 08:23:19
Last Post: Paladon
  Mines VuDu 1 2,206 2010-04-09, 17:15:20
Last Post: Prog
  [8.56] Antigrav Jump Bug Carcharoth2 4 3,034 2008-12-26, 00:05:21