Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Magics
So what is the most effective way of countering a death magic that has succeeded in your personal efforts? Say the opponent has massed Death Magics (5) upgraded and has a upgraded gold gull and is using a Sky Tank.
troops! death magic can't target troops, so troop packs, factories, guard, ghost, troop comand center, and troop upgrades are what i like to use. death magic is basically a new weapon right now so no one's completely used to it yet. it's suprising how easy it is to be killed by it but you just have to stay out of range and wait till he makes a mistake. then teleport and stun is nice. frost robot is nice for slow aura to keep him from running but then frost is not so nice against other things...

it's hard to say really. just don't really on creep cover to kill him.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
By the time he got Skytank and those weapons for 5*7777+2000+5000+2500+8000 = 64385
you should have Demon Tank with speed-pack, hull and 5 poisom magic: 10000+6000+5000+2500+ (5*5555+1300) = 57775

The difference of 6610 can be spend on 2 factories.

And here is the point.
You kill more creeps than him and you kill tanks.
He got 2500 dps and you got 2500 dps. He has 16k life, you got 19,5k life.
The problem with death magic is... it is dependant on burst or good movement.
A Deathmagic user alone is really easy to beat... in combo with others... he is really ugly.

Tip: If you see you will die with the next incomming death magic projectiles... teleport away and they do no dmg.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
A good exploder can get rid of the problem for you
Ganks are your friend. Even if your ally is too weak to fully engage, just getting within 1300 range to take a hit or two can easily make up the difference.

Sky tank is also really slow, just run around him and attack their base from another side - since he cannot hit creeps he'll have to get in an ally to stop the push
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Hmm.. Majority of the time noobmagic users are noobs AND in defense. Having said that, being skillful with your weapons could beat them. I find that they are weaker than the average tank because of the expensive noobmagic which makes killing them easier. Running into them might even work.

Personally, i take on tanks if i think i have a good chance of beating that tank. I also dont consider btanks to have have hard 'counters' so... what works best..:
- High dps, simply beat them
- Teleporter for getting close and finishing them off in the case of them being more powerful than you
- Better tank for higher hp or skills like ice prison
- Lure away from troops so that the advantage of hero only is gone or lesser, i.e. your weapons hit the enemy only as well
If they are near your cp,
- Dance around doing damage and moving back to heal, then when they are weak you should be able to kill
If their team in general use a lot of noobmagics,
- Upgrade troops A LOT
early game,
- Troop command or pack

As a team, noobmagics can work as a counter. In one game, the total count of noobmagics in play were over 16. Quite amusing to watch. It was defense and i just bought factories and upgraded troops. Upgrade weapons a lot and you can manual-target their tanks for kills.

So in conclusion, skill can beat noobmagics, rather than any particular 'counter'. Close combat weapons and teleporter are good against anything in general.
๏̮๏
o_O Death Magic just...died, in 8.58.
Nice job on digging up this several month old topic. You better tell all death-magic threads this news too.
๏̮๏
this topic isn't going to make any sense to new players of this version. close it maybe?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
*sigh* brings back memories.
"I remember the good ol' days...." <- last week.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
In old version, there was no way to get rid of Death Magic...
In new version there is only one way to get rid of Death Magic:

Don't be a creepSmile
Trolololo
LOL

Not being a creep is the best counter to death magic. When wiki is made THAT must be on the page for death magic.

Are we already being nostalgic for death magic because we are the noobs who massed them?

:D
๏̮๏
I liked this weapon (even in 300dps version) because it annoys mass demon low range player when they are in range and know that if they telepo on us, they get killed by masse demon low range teamates :p
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
horselance i will never forget that!

"dont be a creep"....Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
do u wanna overcreepsfarm?Tongue
Free tinker & free oil for airships!
Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
-CUZ THERE AREN'T ANY!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Death Magic Teo_live 7 5,839 2011-03-28, 08:54:22
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  My view of weapons (and death magic) (Epic wall of text) bobbob247 6 5,864 2009-02-22, 16:36:02
Last Post: Dr.McNinja