Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new battle tanks theme song
i suggest making the song from this youtube video the background theme music for battle tanks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE2oSRFbE...re=related

i don't know if it's possible or if it is possible how much space it would take or how well it could work. but this song is so fucking awesome it could make clipping your toe nails look epic. if there was some way to make the map loop the slow parts of this song when there's little or no action and then start looping more and more intense parts of the song as more and more unit and hero deaths occur it would possible be the coolest thing in the world. imagine star wars without the soundtrack. the soundtrack is everything.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
o would like it but i thibk it would be not possible because of the filesize...
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
I think... that song is a little TOO epic for btanks.. haha

And if you want fancy things, i'd rather see alternative models for existing tanks than a theme song.
๏̮๏
hmm to be honest, i never listen to w3 music
i always run itunes in the background
Though it would be possible, I don't think that this is a good idea. I mean, you can't fill a complete game with about 4 minutes of music, it's just too repetitive. It's cool for one or two games, but after thats it's just annoying. It doesn't matter how good the music is.
In fact, I think that such a repitition of music just ruins it for you, since you can't hear it anymore although it's good, just because you heard it too often.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Maybe just add some specific sounds?

Like when all cp are taken, multi kill, team kill ;p

An "appalause" sound at each multi kill would make it really cool ;D

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Before i clicked on qweq's link, i though he meant 'intro' music.. Im very noob at mapping but i have seen some fancy intros like having an image appear at the start and fade out or - music.

But i wouldnt put anything too 'big', just little things that make btanks more unique...

On the same topic, fancy sounds as in wc3 sounds could be used like you have used projectiles... One example is the very distinct sound of Light Plasma Gun. It doesnt get annoying or repetetive.. perhaps sounds for high-cd weapons? or items?

Personally, the 'sounds' of btanks are dull and i just listen to music... it can get 'mind numbing'. Im so used to the sounds of a control point being taken.. =.= anyway its a small matter.

So... do you know how much sapce a small sound clip would add? or a single image to be displayed? I was thinking along the lines of.. having different or random sounds play for special things like double kills or team kills.. perhaps base factory killed?

GLHF
๏̮๏
here's a link to another youtube video with a six and a half minute full orchestra verstion of the song i found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl5McGN2L...re=related

it's called lux aetenia or something like that. not sure.

of course you're right exodus about the song being ruined by listening to it over and over again. i have an instrumental version of the imperial deathmarch from starwars done by Metallica in my map and i had to turn the music off when i was testing after a while becasue i got sick of it. still, if i ever finish a releasable version of the map i'll leave the song in the map since it's cool and users can always turn down the music if they want to. if i ever get a second releasable version then i'd swap out the star wars song for the lux aetenia song for sure.

if you wanted to you could release two versions, one with, and one without the song. or do just one version with it then remove it for the next version, or you could switch the song afer so many versions as you think people will be sick of it.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
qweq, i think you can allow commands to disable and enable music tracks?

I suggest you have a 'universal' command that shows all tracks available and the current track.
-music 3
-music off
-music
etc
???
๏̮๏
When I watched that movie for the second time, i cried when this music showed up.Smile It is a dramatic music.. Dunno if it fits BTSmile
Trolololo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Tanks BENNIE.FM 5 6,573 2015-06-07, 15:11:56
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Creating some new tanks BENNIE.FM 4 5,718 2015-04-14, 11:37:20
Last Post: 91846
  Battle Tanks Open Source - v8.63 Exodus 0 4,054 2014-04-21, 12:25:17
Last Post: Exodus
  Incentive ideas to buy better tanks in game ckibibi 13 10,081 2014-01-30, 21:46:30
Last Post: griffin1987
  All random? Random Tanks? AeroniumX 2 3,490 2012-03-05, 12:12:42
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL