Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bigger 1050 range weapon
i think artillery is the biggest 1050 range weapon right now and its 5000 gold and doesnt even upgrade. maybe change one of the center map weapons range to 1050. that or give the artillery an upgrade and after the upgrade you can switch weapons modes to ground only and normal. and a nice big upgrade like 2-3k. i just want something big to cram on the heavy tank that seems cool.
How about change Photon Bombs to 1050 range?
Since there are pretty much no more slots for weapons at shops (without creating a whole new shop), allowing more upgrades to the cheap 1050 range weapon.

In general multiple levels of upgrades would be a good idea, even if its just one more (total of 3 levels) like the laser.

I think there should be 1100 range weapons, 51 range more than 999 range weapons is less than melee range.. so i personally consider it the same class as 999 range weapons... but thats just me. There are no weapons in between 1050 and 1300.. perhaps something should be added there? instead of more 1050 weapons.
๏̮๏
its 3 "classes" of weps. up to 850 range is close, 851->1050 is medium, and 1300 is ofc long range. as ninja said 1050 is like the 1k range weps.. 50 range is nothing.
Suit up!
Low range to 650
Middle range to 850
Long to 1050
Extra long 1300

There are 4 types. Not 3. 750 range weapons are tootally different from 555-600 range ones.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
i think the diffrence between 1050 and 999 or 1000 are not very high and more 1050 are not needed
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
Well everyone 'classes' their weapons differently.. difference in range between flamer and poison magic is very close to this 1050 range weapon comparison..

...just saying.
๏̮๏
i think it is a difference between 999 and 1050 range...
if you are hunting an enemy who tries to reach the controlpoint and you have 30 speed more(imagine 2 airships, 1 skilled speed higher)
you will reach him slowly and then the +50 range really help, it means you can fire about 2-3seconds earlier at him!
so if you are a skilled player you can hunt the enemy down without taking damage, which means you don't need more hitpoints(less gold for hulls, etc)
ok if its soooo important for you change photon bombs,
but a new weapon is NOT needed in my opinion
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
I can understand that chronic... but i rarely see the 51 range actually help that much and for a new weapon to be made for this wouldnt be helpful. Youre talking about a very specific situation.. good point nevertheless
๏̮๏
The cannon and Lazer towers have 1050 range, so there is no way to have a > 1050 range weapon without it being unable to hit buildings, otherwise it would make base sieging far too easy.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
@GooglyBoogly

....great point i never even thought of that... lol..

I guess to have higher than 1050 range weapons (that hit buildings) would require changes to several other things.. which isnt going to happen anytime soon if ever.

One way to counter this problem would be to have a switch mode that only changes the range down to.. say 999 or something less than 1050 in order to hit buildings, but then that would disallow upgrades on the weapon.
๏̮๏
well i think one of the points of 1050 weapons is for seiging towers. if i remember correctly towers only have a range of 1000. i just wanted something else to cram on the heavy tank and make a monstrocity of a midgame seige machine
towers have 1050 range
benben10 Wrote:well i think one of the points of 1050 weapons is for seiging towers. if i remember correctly towers only have a range of 1000. i just wanted something else to cram on the heavy tank and make a monstrocity of a midgame seige machine

The best siege- engine you can make is with the heavy tank in combination with a siege pack and an advanced trop command pack (they do not share cooldown), that way you get 3 sets of morar spawns and can pretty much level anything, no need for any funky new guns.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
I should try that out some time, but having 2 slots to troops can be annoying.. but 3 mortar teams sounds very niiice..
๏̮๏
Most expensive 1050 range weapon is Infernal Rocks. And I love to play with both Artillery and Infernal Rocks. But the problem is You have to get to 1000 range later because Photon Bombs is the only near range weapon to 1050 at late game. And 50 range differs a lot for hit and run tactic for those slow firing weapons.
I would like to see a late game 1050 range weapon with slow fire...
Trolololo
sorry im a dumbass. i just discovered infernal rocks last nite lol. they make a good sniping weapon since they hit for 1250 i think.

oh and if you purchase a mortar team from a CP then that makes 4 mortar teams and a pusher which increase fire rate.... yeah very nasty. but that is 3 slots to troops and at that point you have spent too much money on stuff that cant attack players very well. with 3 slots left you will probably spend 2 of them on speed and a hull. if you drop the single use mortar team that leaves you with 2 weapon slots but then those weapons need to be very expensive for them to be useful and that mean a lot of time saving. but with this setup you can usually tear down 2-4 buildings with each spawn set, if all goes well, and you can really ruin a tinkers day as well as anyone that tries to buy buildings (lets see you try to save the arty factory by buying towers now). if you see it in action uninterrupted, then its close to being imbalanced. Then again a single shot from any AoE ability wipes you out, so its not that hard to counter.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,161 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  New 900-1000 weapon for 1100 gozo1985 11 9,268 2014-01-05, 16:05:43
Last Post: psycodiver
  Weapon suggestion BENNIE.FM 4 4,872 2013-09-04, 15:21:00
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Add Weapon Upgrade requirements to the top 10 highest tier weapons Vitriol 11 10,991 2013-04-25, 18:47:42
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Early Game Short Range UnifiedDoom 11 11,170 2013-02-21, 11:57:32
Last Post: BENNIE.FM