Poll: What do you like?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
'Side' modes such as HB, No Exploder as typed -commands
21.43%
3 21.43%
Preparation time for -zoom, mode choosing, talking etc..
21.43%
3 21.43%
No EXPLOSIVES -mode / option
42.86%
6 42.86%
Remove hero higher bounty -mode / option
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commands
This will be about modes and -commands. To sum up what i think would add to btanks, introduce more 'mini-modes' chosen through typing commands.

I cant remember who suggested it; 3-4 minute rounds instead of 5 in normal mode.
This is small enough to not be another 'option' in the start-game menu, instead, using a -command to activate ingame. I believe that making the rounds quicker, doesnt really affect the amount of gold you get because in effect you are getting less, quicker.

For example, if you wanted normal, or rush, without traders/exploders etc, you'd have to go to custom mode. In fact, from what ive seen, a lot of people go to custom mode anyway, regardless of game mode just to select no exploders/tinkers. Im suggesting having the smaller modes SEPERATE from starting gold or levels. So in effect, all you would click on are starting gold and levels. Then after that, type in the 'side' modes you want, if any. To help, you could have a list of the mode commands listed for red. Or a universal command that brings it up which anyone can use. To finish off, give a countdown time or a button for red to press, once he is done choosing/typing in modes. Sure beats pausing the game.
This idea keeps btanks just as simple, if not simpler (one thing btanks is great for).

Ive always considered the -mode to be starting gold, levels and whether HB is on or off.

Now... some suggestions for side modes...
-ne : No exploder but also no EXPLOSIVES. Tinker can be fun/useful but makes a damn good replacement exploder.
-fr : Faster rounds - get your golds quicker
Remove hero higher bounty in HB mode (helps the feeder probelm, also pure win)

To summarise for importank btank lords:
- Simplify start-game menu to only starting gold and levels.
- Use typed -commands for all 'side' modes
- Introduce a time limit for choosing modes

I believe it would be a forward step for btanks, eventually.. At least consider the 'No Explosives mode' and 'No hero higher bounty in HB'..
VOTE. If you mostly like an idea and have something to save, vote anyway. GL HF.
๏̮๏
That would be a step back to 8.2x (or so) and the mappers had their reasons to change it to the way it is now, which i like.
How about 1 second rounds as an option? (The normal 5 minute gold is distributed over time)
Could.

A lot like dota's gold income. Just saying.

Im personally fine with 5minute rounds.. Its like everyone is waiting for the magical gold booty at 5mins... Imagine if the option for 10min rounds (5min upgrades) were in, you'd get massive gold then. It would be like having gold saved for you.
๏̮๏
Quote:ne : No exploder but also no EXPLOSIVES. Tinker can be fun/useful but makes a damn good replacement exploder.

Exo has already said that if you really do not want explosives play the weapons-only mode, otherwise you are out of luck. END OF DISCUSSION
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
well i think we actually are allowed to make suggestions and discuss thisWink and I won't stop it, even if u would lock or delete my account
@GooglyBoogly

Sure he has said that, im not going to bother finding where, but he could always change his mind.

Tinker with explosives is really just a slightly handicapped exploder. To pick no exploder would mean you dont like people playing suicide-explosives.

Currently to stop exploders in your game completely, is: No Exploder, No Tinker or weapons only.

Tinker is fun and i see it used enough so i allow it even if it means someone plays explosives. Weapons only to stop exploder? Not fun and very rarely used *to stop exploder*.

Reason why i would like to see an option for no explosives/exploders? ITS ANNOYING. It ruins fun.

If its a simple change for exodus to make, well its not going to make the game any worse. I can understand difficulty in adding the mode or having too many modes or whatever. Lets give it time.
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Additional commands RaptorXI 1 3,175 2014-07-29, 19:41:54
Last Post: eSVau
  additional commands for single player modus RaptorXI 5 5,486 2012-07-25, 19:59:05
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Add commands -dont count game and -stop game Crag_Hack 2 3,433 2012-04-26, 17:13:25
Last Post: Crag_Hack
  Btanks Lobby Commands RandomAcc 10 6,918 2010-06-14, 22:23:11
Last Post: Paladon
  commands at the of game BENNIE.FM 3 2,211 2010-04-05, 13:36:35
Last Post: ssl