Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOTALLY ORIGINAL TANK IDEAS
Ok, here are some really cool (& original) tank ideas. XD

Viking:
The viking is a unique tank that has the ability to change from a ground mode to an air mode and back again. This enables the viking to be versatile in various situations.
Abilities:
Lanzer Torpedoes - Fires torpedoes at an enemy air unit. Does damage to target enemy air unit.
Gatling Guns - Fires gattling guns at an enemy ground unit. Does damage to target enemy ground unit.
Ship Plating - Increases the Viking's Armor.
Change Mode - Allows the viking to switch between ground and air mode.

Stalker:
The stalker is a smaller walker tank that is piloted by a cripled soldier. It has the power to blink between locations and defend itself with plasma shields.
Abilities:
Blink - Allows the tank to instantaneously teleport to target location.
Plasma Shields - Absorbs Damage from incoming attacks. Requires energy.
Particle Disruptors - These are the main weapons used by the stalker. Passive damage that hits both land and air.
Warp-In - The Stalker can warp-in to any location on the map. The warp-in takes time and during the warp-in, the stalker is vulnerable to attacks.

Banshee:
The banshee is a fast and light airship that can cloak and specializes in anti ground combat.
Abilities:
Backlash Cluster Rockets - Fires rockets at target ground unit. The unit takes damage.
Apollo Reactor - Increases the banshee's total energy.
Plasma Torpedoes - The torpedoes hit the ground, doing splash damage to all ground units in the area.
Cloaking Field - Makes the Banshee invisible temporarily.

Collosus:
The collosus is a giant walker that is and effective seige engine. It is so large that it is treated as both a ground and an air unit at the same time.
Abilities:
Thermal Lance - The thermal lance sweeps the ground, doing damage to all ground units in the AOE.
Plasma Shields - Absorbs Damage from incoming attacks. Requires energy.
Cliff Jumping - The collosus can move over cliffs temporarily as if it were an air unit.
Extended Thermal Lance - Increases the range of the thermal lance.

NightHawk:
The nighthawk is a flying support ship that can repair allies and construct various objects to aid it in battle.
Abilities:
Repair - Like the SC-- err tinker, the nighthawk can repair allied mechanical units.
Spider Mines - Lays spider mines in the target area. Spider mines move towards the enemy if it comes near.
Targetting Drone - The targetting drone targets a nearby enemy. A targetted enemy takes more damage from attacks.
Auto-turret - Places an auto-turret at target location. The auto-turret is a permanent stationary turret that only hits ground units.

Thor:
The Thor is a massive ground based mech that has a huge attack range and lots of health. It can revive if killed.
Abilities:
Thor's Hammer Particle Cannons - Targets an enemy ground unit with it's particle cannons, doing damage.
Artillery Strike - A long range ability that does massive damage in an AOE area to buildings.
Missile Barrage - A fires long range missiles at enemy air units. The missiles do splash damage.
Mechanical Rebirth - If the thor is killed, it will come back to life at the cost of min--- gold.

Mothership:
The mothership is a massived air unit that has traveled the farthest corners of space.
Abilities:
Cloaking Field - The mothership passively cloaks nearby allied units.
Planet Cracker - The mothership targets the planet surface with its laser beams in an attempt to destroy it. Does massive AOE damage underneath the mothership.
Time Bomb - The Mother slows down the flow of time around it, stopping enemy missiles from reaching it.
Black Hole - The mothership creates a black hole, sucking enemy units towards it.

Thoughts? Are my original ideas good?
Hmm exept 1-2 abilities they are not original.Sad But some of them gave me some ideasSmile
I like Cloaking Field and Targeting Drone.
But problem is not that but finding a good model for your tanks. It must fit BT concept and must not have large filsize..
Trolololo
the truth Wrote:Banshee:
The banshee is a fast and light airship that can cloak and specializes in anti ground combat.
Abilities:
Backlash Cluster Rockets - Fires rockets at target ground unit. The unit takes damage.
Apollo Reactor - Increases the banshee's total energy.
Plasma Torpedoes - The torpedoes hit the ground, doing splash damage to all ground units in the area.
Cloaking Field - Makes the Banshee invisible temporarily.

sounds like the banshees from Halo
Big Grin
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
Quote:Mothership:
The mothership is a massived air unit that has traveled the farthest corners of space.
Abilities:
Planet Cracker - The mothership targets the planet surface with its laser beams in an attempt to destroy it. Does massive AOE damage underneath the mothership.
Time Bomb - The Mother slows down the flow of time around it, stopping enemy missiles from reaching it.
Black Hole - The mothership creates a black hole, sucking enemy units towards it.

sounds like the protos mothership in SC2Big Grin:D
Quote:Mothership:
Abilities:

Also sounds like Mothership in C&C3Smile
Trolololo
I think the ideas are fine but they dont fit in the setting of btanks
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Wow! I try to get a joke thread, by noone really gets it.

Incase you didn't get the joke, these are all rip-offs of new SC2 units.

I even put some hints in the first post like, "SC-- err tinker" (obviously implying SCV) and "at the cost of min--- gold" (obviously implying minerals).
wow... really... great joke..
Hmm.... ppl have kinda strange sense of humor...
Trolololo
Unfortunately, there's something I call the 'Jack Chick' effect: No matter how ridiculous something is, there is someone out there who honestly believes it. Which means that it is often impossible to tell whether someone is being sarcastic or not (especially on the internet, where there is no context or vocal inflections).
Well the suggestions board is not for jokes nor for spam.
What about banning you?
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Morkardar Wrote:What about banning you?

Go ahead.

Anyway, this was only a semi-joke thread. It still gives some possible ideas for tank ideas, perhaps some of the new SC2 units could give new tank ideas.

I was also wondering if battle tanks will be made for SC2.
Well i wouldnt ban not because its silly but because there would be even less people to start topics about new tanks. If i made a tank suggestions, i rate the chance of success (put into BT) as near 0. As high as 5%. With that said, i find ABILITY suggestions are more important than whole tanks, because tanks are really their ABILITIES. I didnt really read you suggestions but i did get the SC2 references. Im a massive fan.

To people who dont like the joke/ideas: move along. I mean, look at all the effort he put into it.

I read "black hole" somewhere and an ability could be a 'black hole' being made that sucks all weapon fire within X range. I think this may be impossible to implement, given the skill weapons are based on. But it would be pretty dam cool and add to BT tactically speaking.

Dont be so serious about suggestions.. its a game.. for fun..
Look, i made a post about 'ubertinker' that was pretty much a joke, will someone pls ban me? man, i had FUN just writing about my ubertinker.

(my BIG post is near bottom) http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1831
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ideas for faster games ckibibi 5 4,555 2014-02-04, 20:48:43
Last Post: eSVau
  Incentive ideas to buy better tanks in game ckibibi 13 10,081 2014-01-30, 21:46:30
Last Post: griffin1987
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,235 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,316 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Exploder tank Max 7 6,629 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985